thistledome

• Administrators

Hello thistledome,

If you go to "my profile" then click on "edit profile" (top right hand side of the screen) you should see a list of things you can edit. Click on "change avatar" to upload your avatar.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hello thistledome,

If you go to "my profile" then click on "edit profile" (top right hand side of the screen) you should see a list of things you can edit. Click on "change avatar" to upload your avatar.

Cheers

Are then any size restrictions for this? I have an image that I have been trying to upload (~1MB) both from my local machine and after uploading to ImageShack and each time it fails to do so

• Administrators

Hello Derby Jag,

Had a look at the settings and the max image size for both images used on your profile page and images posted on the forums is: 2,000 kB

Most avatars used on the forum are roughly 2-3 kB so 1MB seems like a pretty large image. If you have photo editing software such as photoshop or even the open source (GIMP) - you could maybe try resizing the image to 150px width and 150px height.

Please give me a PM and I will be happy to look into this more for you and I can also help out optimising the image for use as an avatar.

Cheers

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you looking to change your avatar Charlie? If so, scroll to the top of the page, click on your user name on the page header and click my profile on the drop down menu. If you hover over the picture on the profile page the option to "change photo" should appear.

• 1 year later...

Hello Derby Jag,

Had a look at the settings and the max image size for both images used on your profile page and images posted on the forums is: 2,000 kB

Most avatars used on the forum are roughly 2-3 kB so 1MB seems like a pretty large image. If you have photo editing software such as photoshop or even the open source (GIMP) - you could maybe try resizing the image to 150px width and 150px height.

Please give me a PM and I will be happy to look into this more for you and I can also help out optimising the image for use as an avatar.

Cheers

Having problems with this.

I have an image 150px x 150px. File size 45kb.

On Profile page, select Edit Profile then change your photo...

In Photo Editor window, select Choose File.

Upload photo. New filename appears next to Choose File button, new photo appears, also in crop window and at top of screen on black banner next to profile name.

Click done. Photo Editor window closes. New image still at top of screen.

Click save changes and profile pic returns to old image.

Edited by BowenBoys