1 Point From A Possible Six From The Past 2 Games.

Partick75

As above one point from a possible six, from the past2 games, aint good enough.Fox has to return on Wednesday to give the defenders confidence again for cross balls and stuff, o donnell has to hurry back, and big Aaron has to return to the middle of defence.

I just hope that the mentality of the players has not dropped, if thistle fail to beat Hamilton on Wednesday i think the league for us will be over, and i hate to say that.

As above one point from a possible six, from the past2 games, aint good enough.Fox has to return on Wednesday to give the defenders confidence again for cross balls and stuff, o donnell has to hurry back, and big Aaron has to return to the middle of defence.

I just hope that the mentality of the players has not dropped, if thistle fail to beat Hamilton on Wednesday i think the league for us will be over, and i hate to say that.

Fox is honking at cross balls too, you do know that, yeah?

Archie had his best game of the season v Morton.

Loose, and Morton win, we are only 5 behind with a game in hand and not yet half way through the season!

Good thread, apart from the above... So yes, odonnell needs to get fit and starting again.

I dont think anybody would have expected us to be second at this point of the season,or Morton to be top.Our last 2 results have been dissapointing,although with a bit of luck we would have won on wednesday.Every team will have a bad run and at the momement it is us and Dunfermline.Imo Morton will also have a bad run at some point(if they dont they could go no and win the league by a good margin).I feel this is where our management team now prove if they are as good as a lot of fans have been saying.I have looked at the next 4 games for the top 3 and ifeel that Dunfermline have the easiest set of fixtures.Imo there are a number of twists and turns left in this league yet.I do feel a win on wednesday is vital for us,no matter how we do it.If Morton did win the league would they get promotion with Cappielow in its current state or would they need to upgrade or groundshare?

Fox is honking at cross balls too, you do know that, yeah?

Archie had his best game of the season v Morton.

Loose, and Morton win, we are only 5 behind with a game in hand and not yet half way through the season!

Good thread, apart from the above... So yes, odonnell needs to get fit and starting again.

Waht a lot of crap mate, Fox has been brilliant at cross balls, what games have you been at? he comes out and catches the ball most of the time for cross balls, Smith has been gash since he came here, i reckon Fox would have saved us more on Wednesday there i don't doubt it.

Waht a lot of crap mate, Fox has been brilliant at cross balls, what games have you been at? he comes out and catches the ball most of the time for cross balls, Smith has been gash since he came here, i reckon Fox would have saved us more on Wednesday there i don't doubt it.

So you are using one game, in complete isolation, as a basis for one part of the debate.

Step away from the keyboard.

So you are using one game, in complete isolation, as a basis for one part of the debate.

Step away from the keyboard.

Mate i am not using one game, Smith has been pretty poor since his arrival lets start at Hamilton dropped points due to him, he has not filled Foxes boots mate, most thistle fans would agree.

Personally I think we are possibly just re-adjusting - we have, in my opinion, slightly over achieved in the early part of the season and we are now under achieving - nett result might be just about right..

Hamilton H, Livingston A, and Dumbarton A, might tell us very quickly if we are to carry on challenging at the top or not.

Edited by JeanieD

Has Mcnamara being sat in the stand had an effect on the teams match performance? The excuses for our poor performance are lame.

Plastic pitch? Never seemed comfortable on the surface and at times were amateurish.

Lack of communication. Did Erskine and Lawless fall out in Liverpool? Not been a patch on their early season form.

Lacked options on the bench? Rowson and Murray aren't going to change a game, imo. Doolan was ok when he came on and acted as a link to Craig.

Are Blurple strips conducive to a good passing game on a grey dark day in darkest North Lanarkshire?

St least we can't play any worse, can we?

Personally I think we are possibly just re-adjusting - we have, in my opinion, slightly over achieved in the early part of the season and we are now under achieving - nett result might be just about right..

Hamilton H, Livingston A, and Dumbarton A, might tell us very quickly if we are to carry on challenging at the top or not.

Dead right.

Has Mcnamara being sat in the stand had an effect on the teams match performance? The excuses for our poor performance are lame.

Plastic pitch? Never seemed comfortable on the surface and at times were amateurish.

Lack of communication. Did Erskine and Lawless fall out in Liverpool? Not been a patch on their early season form.

Lacked options on the bench? Rowson and Murray aren't going to change a game, imo. Doolan was ok when he came on and acted as a link to Craig.

Are Blurple strips conducive to a good passing game on a grey dark day in darkest North Lanarkshire?

St least we can't play any worse, can we?

We never ever played well at Hamiltons plastic pitch either did we guy's.

GSUS, The respective records speak for themselves :-

Smith - played 6, won 2, drawn 1, lost 3

Pre Smith - played 18, won 14, drawn 2, lost 2( not sure how many Scully played ? 1 maybe

Fox needs to return

I feel SoD's drop in form and subsequent injury has had a bigger affect on our form in the last six games or so. Muirhead movi.g to RB has had a knock on effect on Erskine being more withdrawn. Archie has done well at times but has also cost us a couple of goals, imo.

Fox has done little wrong and I welcome his imminent return.

GSUS, The respective records speak for themselves :-

Smith - played 6, won 2, drawn 1, lost 3

Pre Smith - played 18, won 14, drawn 2, lost 2( not sure how many Scully played ? 1 maybe

Fox needs to return

How many of the draws/losses were directly attributable to Smith in your opinion?

How many of the draws/losses were directly attributable to Smith in your opinion?

To my mind (and I know it's not me you're asking, but here goes anyway...), Accies for sure (shocking OG). Morton he was a contributory factor (certainly poor for their winner), though obviously there's a lot more to any game than a goalie's error. We had chances to finish Morton off and didn't. Forbes getting red-carded was even worse.

The failure to keep 11 players on the park in too many games has been our major downfall this season: five red-cards, and in all bar one of those we have lost. On the flip side, we have suffered only one defeat when keeping a full complement.

Dont see how anyone can solely blame smith, cos over the last 5 games we have had Erskine, Lawless, Bannigan, Forbes,Sinclair all under perform in most of these games. We have also had red cards in some of these games added in with the injuries and also SOD has been injured meaning we have a centre half at right back and in my opinion he is the best ch at the club, meaning we do not have anywhere near our best defence set-up on the park at the moment. it's easy to pick on 1 player when things start to go a wee bit downhill, but we have quiet a few things going against us right now. Muirhead's a really good player but without sod we are really unbalanced, this certainly doesn't help the wide midfield players, lack of supply and overlapping runs. Back the team don't slate them.

Dont see how anyone can solely blame smith, cos over the last 5 games we have had Erskine, Lawless, Bannigan, Forbes,Sinclair all under perform in most of these games. We have also had red cards in some of these games added in with the injuries and also SOD has been injured meaning we have a centre half at right back and in my opinion he is the best ch at the club, meaning we do not have anywhere near our best defence set-up on the park at the moment. it's easy to pick on 1 player when things start to go a wee bit downhill, but we have quiet a few things going against us right now. Muirhead's a really good player but without sod we are really unbalanced, this certainly doesn't help the wide midfield players, lack of supply and overlapping runs. Back the team don't slate them.

That's pretty much how I see it to be honest.