The Nomads Show

twinny

The Nomads Show is always on the look out for new volunteers, either to host the show or commentate for the benefit of those unable to reach games regularly. Before the new season starts I would like to increase the pool of potential hosts and commentators as sometimes due to other commitments we struggle to get the show on. The show will be back for the return to competitive action in the challenge cup against Clyde, however I'll be on holiday the following week when we come up against Annan, so it's important we find new volunteers.

If you'd like to give hosting the show a go, all you need is to do is be able to communicate with the commentator during the game, either using a mobile phone (if you live in the UK and have free minutes (or if the commentator has free minutes!)) or Skype if you have it. I can run you through how to run the show using Ustream.

If you would like to commentate for us and be a Harry Wragg all you need to do is get yourself to the game and either call or receive a call from the host and tell us what is going on on the pitch. It really helps having free mobile minutes, but isn't completely necessary.

If anybody is interested and wants to help out - please get in touch via PM.

Cheers, Chris.

To save anyone using minutes may I suggest that if you have a phone which you can use on the 3 network I'd recommend ordering a free PAYG SIM from them. They offer unlimited free Skype to Skype calls without the need to top up ever.

Also they offer excellent coverage from all 1st division grounds (I may work for 3 and have been bored enough in work one day to check out the coverage at the 1st division grounds, although I may add that I'm not trying to promote my work as this will cost absolutely nothing and if anything will cost 3 money).

http://www.three.co.uk/Internet_Services/Call_chat/Skype

We'll bear that in mind PotM. Looks like quite a good way of doing things. At the moment, we tend to use o2, who on my PAYG tariff give me unlimited calls to other o2 numbers if I top up £15 a month (which I do anyway). Skype may actually be the better way of doing things though, so it's something to consider.

Cheers.

I've just posted on the Nomads forum asking if we're sponsoring a player this season - something else for the newsletter, Tam, please?

First batch of newsmails went out tonight, Nomads show and shirt sponsorship both in there. I'll be sending out the rest tomorrow

Edited by NZ Jag

To save anyone using minutes may I suggest that if you have a phone which you can use on the 3 network I'd recommend ordering a free PAYG SIM from them. They offer unlimited free Skype to Skype calls without the need to top up ever.

Also they offer excellent coverage from all 1st division grounds (I may work for 3 and have been bored enough in work one day to check out the coverage at the 1st division grounds, although I may add that I'm not trying to promote my work as this will cost absolutely nothing and if anything will cost 3 money).

http://www.three.co.uk/Internet_Services/Call_chat/Skype

I've been meaning to look into Skype for a while now, just haven't got round to it. So you can order a P&G 3 sim and access Skype from that, effectively giving you free calls provided everybody you call is on Skype? Would you be able to use two 3 mobiles, or would one person need to be using Skype at a computer? Sorry for the silly questions, it's best to ask them rather than make mistakes.

I've been meaning to look into Skype for a while now, just haven't got round to it. So you can order a P&G 3 sim and access Skype from that, effectively giving you free calls provided everybody you call is on Skype? Would you be able to use two 3 mobiles, or would one person need to be using Skype at a computer? Sorry for the silly questions, it's best to ask them rather than make mistakes.

Pretty much, just order the PAYG SIM and no need to top up. Just need to ensure the phone is capable of taking a 3 SIM and using Skype (which you can do on the 3 website) and that means you have free calls to anyone on Skype.

You can call anyone anywhere in the world who is on Skype whether that's on a phone which has Skype or at their computer.