Hope its true as well Fox. Nothing should surprise anyone about football but I would be majorly surprised if Jackie gave up the chance of a league and cup double, half way through the season. He instantly becomes a Firhill legend if he even gets one of whats on offer in the bag!!

Consolidation? They're 7 points off a champions league place and play rangers at home in the Scottish Cup on Saturday! Would you say that's nothing to play for?

There's only one CL place, so they're 19 points off of it. However they are only four points from the Europa League which would see them accomplish the same as they have done the past two years.

There's only one CL place, so they're 19 points off of it. However they are only four points from the Europa League which would see them accomplish the same as they have done the past two years.

ah cool, so 4 points off a europa league place and playing rangers in the last 16 of the scottish cup.... hardly season over and nothing to play for!

Betting apparently suspended in most bookies with Victor Chandler now the only company offering odds and Jackie Mac has gone to 1/4 Fav.

:(

I remember at the time of Jackie's article in the Times regarding the wages not really agreeing with PT or Ian_Mac. In hindsight they got it spot on, im(revised)o. The timing of that article would have been around the time United began their search for a new coach. Sometimes you have to be objective and remove the red n yellow glasses.

Looks almost certain Elvis is gonna be the new Arabs gaffer, sigh of relief all round I predict, at the same time it only proves to me what a load of tossers there are at director level in scottish football, nae wonder we're in the proverbial !! Jackie's the best prospect in management here in the first div and am sure he will go on to even bigger and better things in the near future, in the meantime we've still got him , " Oh Jackie Mcnamara ! Oh Jackie McNamara ! Oh Jackie McNamara ! , he nearly went away but he's here to stay !!!!! " Thank f**k , thank f**k thank f**k

This didn't really need a new thread until we hear any concrete news or anything with a source - mod

The only place that had a market on this was Victor Chandler. The reason for this is because there is absolutely bugger all money in the market, meaning pretty insignificant amounts fluctuate the odds erratically. It would be unwise to base any prediction on the new manager on this evidence because it, in no way, reflects reality.

Edited by Armand2

Absolutely gutted, beyond belief. I can't believe he's done this.

I can completely understand why he's done it. A decent SPL team, with a cracking shout at European football and a domestic cup, good infrastructure and probably a decent wage too. Best of luck to him. But it's a proper kick in the balls all the same. I just hope he doesn't take anyone with him on the cheap.

He always came across as a genuine (and committed) guy - but ultimately there is no such thing as loyalty in football. very disappointed that he's gone - but I suppose few of us would turn down bigger, better paid, more high profile jobs if offered.

Having said that, what a dreadful time of the season to leave your club in the lurch. And, hands off O'Donnell, Lawless, Erskine etc!!!