Back To The Wilderness Years

jagaritis

Genuine fears for the approaching season.The board of directors are having a laugh,when they expect you to queue up for season tickets,when the Thistle product slides slowly backwards.I want,like all genuine fans,progress year on year,but it aint happening.This is a huge season for Partick,the youngsters are going to be given a huge task to steer thistle the right direction.I do not want to go back to the 80,s wilderness years but if this next season shows no progress i fear the worse.I wish the team well,but bearing in mind the last 15 games or so of last season,and now potentialy a weaker team,it honestly scares me.I will still go to firhell next year,although the away games will not happen as much,I wish you well....but i fear the worse...please prove me wrong.

Genuine fears for the approaching season.The board of directors are having a laugh,when they expect you to queue up for season tickets,when the Thistle product slides slowly backwards.I want,like all genuine fans,progress year on year,but it aint happening.This is a huge season for Partick,the youngsters are going to be given a huge task to steer thistle the right direction.I do not want to go back to the 80,s wilderness years but if this next season shows no progress i fear the worse.I wish the team well,but bearing in mind the last 15 games or so of last season,and now potentialy a weaker team,it honestly scares me.I will still go to firhell next year,although the away games will not happen as much,I wish you well....but i fear the worse...please prove me wrong.

:o how very dare you :P

Within the next 5-10 years the club will either be out of business or playing in the 2nd or 3rd division without a pot to piss in.

You could apply that to any number of clubs in Scotland. It doesn't make our plight any less concerning, but it's always an idea to view things in perspective.

You could apply that to any number of clubs in Scotland. It doesn't make our plight any less concerning, but it's always an idea to view things in perspective.

point taken,but if say, 30 clubs in scotland are under severe financial pressures,why are we watching from the sidelines our club sliding to number 30. :thinking:

Full-time football is only financially viable if you have average home crowds of more than 4,000. To pay decent wages and attract good players, you need crowds of over 6,000.

We don't have the demand to justify replacing the main stand or the putting up a stand to replace the bing. Falkirk only have two sides to their ground. Time for a reality check!

Full-time football is only financially viable if you have average home crowds of more than 4,000. To pay decent wages and attract good players, you need crowds of over 6,000.

We don't have the demand to justify replacing the main stand or the putting up a stand to replace the bing. Falkirk only have two sides to their ground. Time for a reality check!

No they don't - they have three, and last I checked theres only one team with an average gate more than 4000 in this league and 10 clubs outside the SPL with full-time players on their wage bill.

No they don't - they have three, and last I checked theres only one team with an average gate more than 4000 in this league and 10 clubs outside the SPL with full-time players on their wage bill.

Most clubs in the SFL are trimming their full-time squads to the bone. The banks are taking a hard line and the days of big overdrafts are over. I forecast that most SFL clubs will be part-time within three years. Only those with parachute payments or rich sugar daddys will have full-time squads.

I honestly think as i watch from the sidelines that ptfc slides slowly to oblivion.As we sell gradually brick after brick the whole club slowly dissapears.God knows how much warriors contribute,but without there financial imput.....after we have sold of our last brick to the warriors,we can always hire the stadium and play our 2nd division football worry free

Why can't we survive reasonably comfortably as a mid table 2nd Div outfit? OK, we'd be part time with little prospects of ever regaining previous status but I'd still go along to most games. I suggest I'm far from alone and as long as there were say about 1000-1250 others of a like mind we'd be alright.

Maybe not great examples but clubs like East Fife, Raith Rovers even Clyde have soldiered on with no great expectations but plenty of history and past honours never to be repeated.

I happen to believe a club the size of the Jags should spend most of its existence well inside the top 18 but that's most certainly no divine right as others seem to think.

Within the next 5-10 years the club will either be out of business or playing in the 2nd or 3rd division without a pot to piss in.

Far too pessimistic. Within the next five to ten years the club will have left Firhill. I hope we're an SPL team within five years.

Why can't we survive reasonably comfortably as a mid table 2nd Div outfit? OK, we'd be part time with little prospects of ever regaining previous status but I'd still go along to most games. I suggest I'm far from alone and as long as there were say about 1000-1250 others of a like mind we'd be alright.

Maybe not great examples but clubs like East Fife, Raith Rovers even Clyde have soldiered on with no great expectations but plenty of history and past honours never to be repeated.

I happen to believe a club the size of the Jags should spend most of its existence well inside the top 18 but that's most certainly no divine right as others seem to think.

That's assuming the property side of the club's business is put to bed and councils/cops/banks stop legislating/charging us into an untimely grave.

Edited by McKennan

I wouldn't.

I've had all the enthusiasm and optomism that I used to have systematically kicked out of me. I want a Thistle we can all be proud of, one I am proud to take my wee girl to watch every week.

I'd rather not bother going at all than watch the club die a slow lingering death. It will be less painfum that way.

I wouldn't.

I've had all the enthusiasm and optomism that I used to have systematically kicked out of me. I want a Thistle we can all be proud of, one I am proud to take my wee girl to watch every week.

I'd rather not bother going at all than watch the club die a slow lingering death. It will be less painfum that way.

Where's "the slow lingering death" within the scenario of my post?

Good post, that would be a real test for Jags fans. I'm of the opinion that as long as this club survives first and foremost that is all that matters, survive first and prosper later (if possible).

Edited by Steven H