Player Sponsorship?

Wiltshire Jag

Whereever we are, our hearts are in Scotland come Saturday ;)

(I do not have accurate records of the Nomads since my days of knowing which town all of the 170+ Nomads lived in ...plus the odd yacht!!)

£345 from 17 Nomads now

£355 from 18 Nomads now

£360 from 19 Nomads now. Latest Nomad donation was a tenner but I credited one of our Middle East guys with £25 when it was really £20. (I'll get a drink off him yet in the Aitken Suite someday.........)

A few Nomad Paypal payments have attracted fees (do make the money a gift / donation as this may well help avoid deductions)

The kitty is therefore £354.40

Edited by Shuggie

$50 received from one of the few Nomads I've had to pleasure to visit in the States - my ol' pal Ray

(What fun we had slipping into a Rangers fan base supporter's bar in a pub in Tampa - both bedecked in R&Y)

So that translates in to £31.02 bumping the kitty up to £385.42.

Steps back to watch the weekend rush..........................

As the flow of funds into the Nomads pot seems to have dried up somewhat, we've had some discussions around whether we should just close our appeal for donations and add what's in there now to the We Are Thistle sponsorship fund. It doesn't look like the Nomads are going to raise enough for any further sponsorship on their own.

Thoughts?

As the flow of funds into the Nomads pot seems to have dried up somewhat, we've had some discussions around whether we should just close our appeal for donations and add what's in there now to the We Are Thistle sponsorship fund. It doesn't look like the Nomads are going to raise enough for any further sponsorship on their own.

Thoughts?

Possibly, or if Nomads are thinking about PotY award at the end of the season, it could go towards that. But donations have been made to sponsorship so it's how best to handle the 'raffle'.

Possibly, or if Nomads are thinking about PotY award at the end of the season, it could go towards that. But donations have been made to sponsorship so it's how best to handle the 'raffle'.

My tuppence worth:

All Nomads who have donated their hard earned are in the raffle for the shirt plus potentially anything that comes our way should we channel our extra funds into the WAT parallel activities and their own distribution of goodies.

My tuppence worth:

All Nomads who have donated their hard earned are in the raffle for the shirt plus potentially anything that comes our way should we channel our extra funds into the WAT parallel activities and their own distribution of goodies.

Compounded raffling... sounds like a job for the List Man :P

Hey Shug

Is it to late to send in a donation. I can,t seem to use paypal at the mo so how do I get the missus to post off a cheque.

all the best

Tommy

I was wonderin' what planet you were on ;) I assume you are still out in the Middle East?

No it isn't too late to join the caravan of Nomads

Money raised will go to swell the kitty

If your dear one can post off a cheque direct to Ami Small at Firhill letting her know it is from the Nomads for our sponsorship drive, then let me know the figure and I'll add it to the kitty.

All the best

Hugh

• 3 months later...

Well done the Nomads on raising this money.

It may well be the time shortly for another big push from the Fez wearing one to help get some much-needed funds into the club. Will all you Nomadic ones be ready to part with your Dollars and Dimes, Dinars and Dirhams and Sheqels and Dongs?

The Nomads was a great invention by Shuggie. It does seem to have faded away a bit of late but this is something that could be vital to help keep our club going as the hard times bite.

Keep up the good work all involved with the Nomads. :thumbsup2: