What Would It Take?

Willjag

• Members

Going by this forum, we all know where the problems at our Club lie. However, what would have to happen for you to dig a little further into your pockets to help support the club financially?

For me, it would have to be the resignation of Allan Cowan and Tom Hughes from the BoD. Both have been there far too long and in positions of authority when so much has gone wrong over the last 10 years or so. They have to take responsibility for their action/inaction.

Secondly I'd like to see the Club be more approachable to the fans from the bottom to the top. Currently, I'm only aware of Jim Alexander amongst the Club Directors that frequently makes himself available to talk to fans particularly on match days when he can be found at the rear of the JHS as fans leave the stadium after the game no matter what the result.

In the past, I put more of money into the Club and would do again even if only point one was met.

Realistically speaking, I'd be interested to hear what it would take for others to start helping the Club out again a little more

Complete change of ownership. All the dead wood blazers. Get rid of them, every last one. There are people who would invest out there, the board have just made constant excuses down there years claiming there isn't or the offer or the people weren't right so they can hold onto their coat tails.

We are one of the better supported clubs in the country potential wise, yet we are run like a 3rd division mob.

Edited by MWM

Excellent question Will.

For me, a total clearout at boardroom level and the club to start running itself in a professional manner. i.e. actually having a signed goalkeeper a week before the season kicks off would be a good place to start.

You only need to look at a wee club like Accies to see what can be achieved. Sadly, we are years behind them

Total clearout at board level, re-engagement (did we they ever engage) with the fans, run the club proffessionally instead of a 2 bit lower junior league outfit and steal GOOD ideas from other clubs regards engaging with fan groups encouraging families and kids, had a good conversation with a certain director in oslo over the way the scandinavian teams set there stall out regarding marketing themselves, utilising there facilities and encourage kids families and more females to the games, even offered to introduce said director to 2 clubs fan groups and 1 clubs directors was responded with aye but it'll never work for us, if you don't try you will never know. Get them all out barr JA who seems to knock his pan in for no gain only pride and love of the club

Complete change of ownership. All the dead wood blazers. Get rid of them, every last one. There are people who would invest out there, the board have just made constant excuses down there years claiming there isn't or the offer or the people weren't right so they can hold onto their coat tails.

We are one of the better supported clubs in the country potential wise, yet we are run like a 3rd division mob.

Names please. :)

Going by this forum, we all know where the problems at our Club lie. However, what would have to happen for you to dig a little further into your pockets to help support the club financially?

For me, it would have to be the resignation of Allan Cowan and Tom Hughes from the BoD. Both have been there far too long and in positions of authority when so much has gone wrong over the last 10 years or so. They have to take responsibility for their action/inaction.

Secondly I'd like to see the Club be more approachable to the fans from the bottom to the top. Currently, I'm only aware of Jim Alexander amongst the Club Directors that frequently makes himself available to talk to fans particularly on match days when he can be found at the rear of the JHS as fans leave the stadium after the game no matter what the result.

In the past, I put more of money into the Club and would do again even if only point one was met.

Realistically speaking, I'd be interested to hear what it would take for others to start helping the Club out again a little more

Agreed. If AC and TH left I'd chuck £1k in to the new owners. And buy a ST.

A job!

To be serious though, the current crop need to show that despite being old faces they're capable of running a professional, self-sustaining football business if the rank and file fan is to be incentivised to go the extra mile. To date they've not shown that, and unless they can get their act together, they can't just expect the fans to pay for their mistakes.

I'd be happy to put in 2k but only if we got a new board and l knew the money wasn't going down a black hole

I love partick thistle and believe in the club when no one esle does but we shouldn't let our natural optimism against the odds as thistle fans cloud our judgement.We're a shambles you can't keep treading water season after season .We'll sink in the end under our losses

I'll be sitting up the shed this season making my feelings heard to the bod and l hope and pray with everything i've got we pull though this.

Hughes has had a response from investors in Manchester and London, who contacted the club after reading their plea for a business partnership. He also had talks earlier this week with two Jags fans who have shown interest in investing in the club.

Oh right, it's a bit of detective work on a story written nearly two-and-a-half years ago. I reckon the two Jags fans have already invested, probably in the property company. Clearly the Manchester and London parties were never 'investors' in the first place. A little PR/journalistic license there.

Ho hum.

Names please. :)

I can think of a few people that could be approached. For all I know they may already have been but if that's the case my gut feeling tells me they've been approached either half heartedly or (and) amateurishly.

Naming them would be futile but one did come out recently and express interest in putting money into football acknowledging that it would be more altruistic than investment.

I think a variation on Willjag's post would be along the lines of if some whitish knight* was unearthed they may want to see their input matched by the fans (maybe not on a pound for pound basis but along those lines), so what are we willing to put up in support?

Off the top of my head and even though I was pro the 1876 Club I'd probably upgrade from silver Centenary Fund to gold. If others were to do likewise (or bronze to silver) plus even more join the CF then that would represent significant input, not in a lump sum but projected into the future, a sign of commitment if you like. There's not a hope in hell of significant input along these lines under the current regime for a plethora of reasons none more so than the way the Board has apparently willingly distanced itself from the fanbase.

*though not who I was referring to that whitish knight could in theory be an existing director who, if he took control of the Board, could persuade me to invest.