Remember Them

Bottom of the third division, lost at home against Queen's Park on Sat, just over 600 present (probably 150 or so QP supporters). Hard to see how they could ever get back to a respectable position from where they now are, so they might do well to get a complete makeover and moving away from Deadwood.

"East Kilbride Thistle - East Kilbride's Premier Football Team" goes the strap line next to the EK Thistle club crest on their web page. I assume there would be no need to change that with the arrival of the ludgers?

Also noticed in the wee slideshow that spectators seem to prefer to watch from the comfort of their vehicles, as opposed to standing on the 'terraces'. Got me thinking how handy that would be for the Kings of the Road . . .

There's been a ground/'stadium' developed at Calderglen over the past couple of years that *I think* was to be home for an EK FC senior side. Perhaps that's where Clyde will play.

Mind you, it's miles from rail and main roads. Showpark is stagger from the railway station, a moderate stagger from the bus station and a bottle's throw from the Monty.

Old news I suppose but a move is back on the tarot cards

EK Clyde :)http://sport.stv.tv/...east-kilbride/?

25 years too late I would say.

Thank god Clyde have finally realised that the people of Cumbernauld aren't interested.

Don't know why they think it will be any different in EK though - they haven't played in that part of the country since they left Shawfield in, what, 1986?

I also remember hearing of a movement to get a senior football team from EK playing in the SFL. This was fairly recently, anyone know how that's coming along?

Can't imagine these guys being too happy about the gypos moving in when they are trying to get their own team off the ground.

Edited by ian_mac

I also remember hearing of a movement to get a senior football team from EK playing in the SFL. This was fairly recently, anyone know how that's coming along?

Can't imagine these guys being too happy about the gypos moving in when they are trying to get their own team off the ground.

EKFC applied to join the South of Scotland league. They play at K Park, where we have played some reserve games recently

http://www.eastkilbridenews.co.uk/lanarkshire-sport/lanarkshire-football/2013/02/27/may-30-decision-on-ekfc-league-hopes-68653-32885535/

25 years too late I would say.

Thank god Clyde have finally realised that the people of Cumbernauld aren't interested.

Don't know why they think it will be any different in EK though - they haven't played in that part of the country since they left Shawfield in, what, 1986?

I cant see many in EK being interested either

As others have said, if the move was done in the 90s some of their fans from Rutherglen lost during the move to Cumbernauld might have got back in to the habit of watching Clyde. Now that those fans will not have bothered for 25 years and they're in the third struggling, I can't see it having the greatest impact. However a ground sharing agreement with EK will probably be much better than renting Broadwood from a business perspective.

As others have said, if the move was done in the 90s some of their fans from Rutherglen lost during the move to Cumbernauld might have got back in to the habit of watching Clyde. Now that those fans will not have bothered for 25 years and they're in the third struggling, I can't see it having the greatest impact. However a ground sharing agreement with EK will probably be much better than renting Broadwood from a business perspective.

And those lost fans' children probably have no interest and are unlikely to develop any. Additionally quite a few C'naudians who walk to Deadwood probably won't travel to EK.