Apathy?

Willjag

Guest Argus

Very good piece and i'd agree, nail hit square on the head. Could he/she come up with a way to deal with the issues tho?

Sounds to me that they have already tried and not suceeded.

A lot of the time because of where I live and fact i can't get to many games, due to family reasons, I feel out of touch as to what is going on and how serious a financial situation we are in. I've just read the original post and it's very well written.

I think there is too much "in house fighting" with us the fans and not a lot of positive action. I also feel aggression and anger seems to be the way for a lot to put across their point and shout down those who dare to oppose the them.

How do we all try to pull together for the love of Partick Thistle FC.................I really wish i had the answer.

Guess we could start, this coming saturday, to back the lads like never before and not get on thier backs the minute the first pass is misplaced.........it ain't gona cure our misfortunes but hey, it's a start.

Edited by lennythistle

Guest Argus

A lot of the time because of where I live and fact i can't get to many games, due to family reasons, I feel out of touch as to what is going on and how serious a financial situation we are in. I've just read the original post and it's very well written.

I think there is too much "in house fighting" with us the fans and not a lot of positive action. I also feel aggression and anger seems to be the way for a lot to put across their point and shout down those who dare to oppose the them.

How do we all try to pull together for the love of Partick Thistle FC.................I really wish i had the answer.

Guess we could start, this coming saturday, to back the lads like never before and not get on thier backs the minute the first pass is misplaced.........it ain't gona cure our misfortunes but hey, it's a start.

That's the way it looks to me, and whilst the piece is very well written, the author appears to be in the minority when it comes to the supporters association, which looks like a dead duck, and seems to feel it has the way it is required to go by the very apathy the writer talks about. Hardly a mandate for action is it?

Sounds to me that they have already tried and not suceeded.

What bit?

To me it was an accurate protrait of the boards shortfallings, an accurate portrait of the fans attitude and an overall good piece, but it didnt offer ideas on what can be done (not that it should have).

Guest Argus

What bit?

To me it was an accurate protrait of the boards shortfallings, an accurate portrait of the fans attitude and an overall good piece, but it didnt offer ideas on what can be done (not that it should have).

I thought the tone indicated rather than the author writing as an observer, they had been involved at some stage in the issues that were being relayed.

I doubt that person has any answers as they sound burnt out by it all.

It's a fair account of how we've got to where we are.

For me the choice is to let past failure scunner our resolve or we can try to learn from what went wrong and approach what we're now faced with by standing up and being counted. If people can find the determination to fight for the Club's future, and make their voices heard, we might just succeed this time.

We've got to believe that first though. A collection of voices shout louder than any number of accurate monologues.

Guest Argus

It's a fair account of how we've got to where we are.

For me the choice is to let past failure scunner our resolve or we can try to learn from what went wrong and approach what we're now faced with by standing up and being counted. If people can find the determination to fight for the Club's future, and make their voices heard, we might just succeed this time.

We've got to believe that first though. A collection of voices shout louder than any number of accurate monologues.

Not going to happen though is it? The supporters association seem to support all the Board want to do, so an alternative is needed and there isn't one.

Lets face facts the only show in town is the redevelopment of the ground and that is the only solution we have left.

Is the redevelopment of the ground such a bad thing ?

Again, im a bit out the loop as to what is proposed to be done, but if it made money and brought the debt down, would it not be good. do people just have bad feelings about it as mistakes made in past and therefore trust gone or is there more to it ?

i just get the feeling that in some instances no matter what is proposed or done, it is never good enough for some, yet no alternative is ever offered.

Not going to happen though is it? The supporters association seem to support all the Board want to do, so an alternative is needed and there isn't one.

Lets face facts the only show in town is the redevelopment of the ground and that is the only solution we have left.

This I find intersting. The two 'big issues' of recent years were the 1876/CF Fund merger and Propco.

The first was decided by a general vote of those that turned up on the night after presentations for and against joining with the club. Though I take the point that the Trust may be doing a little too much in regards to marketing the CF, they do get shares for those who mark it on the form that they wish the trust to get any.

The Propco issue is currently being covered in other threads so won't go into here.

Edited by jags365

Guest Argus

This I find intersting. The two 'big issues' of recent years were the 1876/CF Fund merger and Propco.

The first was decided by a general vote of those that turned up on the night after presentations for and against joining with the club. Though I take the point that the Trust may be doing a little too much in regards to marketing the CF, they do get shares for those who mark it on the form that they wish the trust to get any.

The Propco issue is currently being covered in other threads so won't go into here.

Jags 365 to be clear I was only referring to issues related to the ground redevelopment.

I've no information on the other issues you are discussing.

The blogger, for me, almost always hit the nail on the head.

Will, thanks for posting the blog link. It's a thougtful and insightful piece - by someone who always had their finger on the pulse.

I do worry about the perceived apathy, and also about the way the support seems to be fragmenting (e.g. two different forums now). Now more than ever, the fans need to be working together if we are to ensure the club we love has a future.

Is the redevelopment of the ground such a bad thing ?

Again, im a bit out the loop as to what is proposed to be done, but if it made money and brought the debt down, would it not be good. do people just have bad feelings about it as mistakes made in past and therefore trust gone or is there more to it ?

i just get the feeling that in some instances no matter what is proposed or done, it is never good enough for some, yet no alternative is ever offered.

The redevelopment of the ground tells people we're open for business as a property operation, not just a football club. The thing is, if one half of the ground goes it's not that difficult to imagine the other following it within a few years.

Edited by McKennan

Will, thanks for posting the blog link. It's a thougtful and insightful piece - by someone who always had their finger on the pulse.

I do worry about the perceived apathy, and also about the way the support seems to be fragmenting (e.g. two different forums now). Now more than ever, the fans need to be working together if we are to ensure the club we love has a future.

I'm not sure where you're coming from there, Sandy. I imagine the people with the wherewithal to save/change the club don't spend their days surfing fan websites.