Cheers For Rounding Off My Trip In Style

Cardiff1927

Alright lads, Cardiff fan here.

Just wanted to take some time to congratulate you on what you've got going on at your club. A hardcore set of fans, a great bunch of players who play football the right way and more than a couple of witty songs!

I take it you don't win every game with such ease and play so well every week but what a treat you gave us Welsh fans who came to the game yesterday!

Really rounded off a fantastic weekend for me. Me and a mate opted for your game instead of Glasgow's least successful professional club and we weren't dissapointed.

More through luck than judgement we ended up in the North Stand and the banter was flying. "You're just a fat Tugay" to the keeper who seemed to let every bit of abuse get to him. Made me laugh.

Some Rangers fan got abused for having a scarf on by a guy next to my mate so I was half expecting my Cardiff scarf to be confused at some point haha.

One of the funniest bits for me was when this old guy next to my mate turned round to him after 10 minutes, looked at him and said "Cowdenbeath are one nil up" then kind of looked at my mate waiting for a response. Me or him didn't know whether that was great as they were playing your rivals, or if Cowdenbeath were your rivals etc so my mate just kind of stayed quiet for 5 second before the guy turned away.

Half time of the game I got talking to a guy who filled me in on a lot of stuff about your club and I was really impressed.

And I was massively envious if i'm honest with what is going on at my club at the moment (Cardiff Redbirds)

Anyway, I've never taken much notice of the Scottish Leagues (no disrespect) but can firmly say I've now got myself a Scottish team to look out for and maybe go watch again in the future.

A video I took of the goal. Didn't realise it was the wrong way around :D

Best of luck for the rest of the season lads and good luck in the final.

One team in Glasgow! :thumbsup2:

• Like 12

Alright lads, Cardiff fan here.

Just wanted to take some time to congratulate you on what you've got going on at your club. A hardcore set of fans, a great bunch of players who play football the right way and more than a couple of witty songs!

I take it you don't win every game with such ease and play so well every week but what a treat you gave us Welsh fans who came to the game yesterday!

Really rounded off a fantastic weekend for me. Me and a mate opted for your game instead of Glasgow's least successful professional club and we weren't dissapointed.

More through luck than judgement we ended up in the North Stand and the banter was flying. "You're just a fat Tugay" to the keeper who seemed to let every bit of abuse get to him. Made me laugh.

Some Rangers fan got abused for having a scarf on by a guy next to my mate so I was half expecting my Cardiff scarf to be confused at some point haha.

One of the funniest bits for me was when this old guy next to my mate turned round to him after 10 minutes, looked at him and said "Cowdenbeath are one nil up" then kind of looked at my mate waiting for a response. Me or him didn't know whether that was great as they were playing your rivals, or if Cowdenbeath were your rivals etc so my mate just kind of stayed quiet for 5 second before the guy turned away.

Half time of the game I got talking to a guy who filled me in on a lot of stuff about your club and I was really impressed.

And I was massively envious if i'm honest with what is going on at my club at the moment (Cardiff Redbirds)

Anyway, I've never taken much notice of the Scottish Leagues (no disrespect) but can firmly say I've now got myself a Scottish team to look out for and maybe go watch again in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS_3REShJsc

A video I took of the goal. Didn't realise it was the wrong way around :D

Best of luck for the rest of the season lads and good luck in the final.

One team in Glasgow! :thumbsup2:

hear hear mate, glad you had a good time and you're always welcome at firhill. If you're ever comin back for a game let us know and we can make a night of it :drink2: . I was at cardiff years ago, at the old ninian park. Had a great time, crazy crowd!

Glad you enjoyed your day. But just to pick up on a couple of things. We have played like that a number of times this season. We have scored 3 on 5 occasions; 4 - 3 times; 5 twice. 6 once and 7 once. And the chant, I think was you're just a fat Andy Carol

There were two chants against that keeper - fat Tugay and fat Carroll

Honesty insists we mention we've had periods when we've been garbage as a team but the last couple of seasons we've been sort of threatening to be good and this season it all came together and the team is now as good as any of the really good teams we had in the past. Hope it lasts a few years before we go into our next duff spell.

So glad you chose the right game to go to, instead of going "there" to watch "them".

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Don't know if you were in the group of Welsh guys in front of me, but brilliant hearing them join in with some of the chants and songs!

Welcome back anytime, and good luck to your team.

There were loads of Welsh kicking about.

A big group of boys were in the S&G from opening time on saturday. We got chatting to them and one of them turned out to be the chairman of Llandudno FC!

Absolutely brilliant lads, by the end of the game they knew all the songs and the place was bouncing after the game.

From what I've heard it was very much the same down at the Woody. A real triumph for the club yesterday.

Edited by ian_mac

Great to know that the Welsh guys enjoyed their Firhill experience. I wonder what they thought of our bing?

The snow set off the Crosby Bing nicely :P It doesn't seem as bad when covered. Maybe landscape gardening would be worthwhile? A few red n yellow flower/plant arrangements?

The snow set off the Crosby Bing nicely :P It doesn't seem as bad when covered. Maybe landscape gardening would be worthwhile? A few red n yellow flower/plant arrangements?

It did look a bit better with the snow on it. The welsh fans maybe thought it was actual terracing, just not being used due to the snow.

Had to laugh when one of the Cardiff boys looked at the old stand and said: "is that the away support?" to then have a double-take when I pointed out where the actual away support was! The guys also commented on some of the tackles flying in (personally thought we had a good ref' who let the play flow). At one stage (5-1?) I was jokingly asked about season ticket prices to which I cockily replied that the show wasn't over. Oh, and I know I've mentioned this before, but isn't it great to hear visiting neutral fans singling out our style of play for praise - with Erskine and Messi being singled out for special praise.

Great day out and superb entertainment. Thanks to all...