Update**nomads Flag**update

topcat

• 3 months later...

Too big to be hung up.... too big to be laid across the seats as it greatly restricts the police's view and access to the area underneath the flag...

I know you and Ian tried to put it up at the Dunfy game last season, do you think it will be possible to get it hung on the side wall of the stand, or is it too big even for that?

It really would be a shame if this can't be shown of as it is a magnificent flag, we just should have thought a little more about where it would go before it was bought!

I know you and Ian tried to put it up at the Dunfy game last season, do you think it will be possible to get it hung on the side wall of the stand, or is it too big even for that?

It really would be a shame if this can't be shown of as it is a magnificent flag, we just should have thought a little more about where it would go before it was bought!

*The day i nearly broke my fckin neck doing a spiderman?

yes, it's too big for that, the right hand bottom corner drapes onto the stair case.

maybe it could be used as a dust sheet for the old dugouts?

what i would suggest is making sure you know exactly where it is, who has access to where its stored etc... infact i'd get it out of firhill until something can be decided...

as hard as it is to believe, the club lost the greaves flag... yes. that flag that took 8 folk to carry? the club have lost it!

I still lie awake at night waiting for that call back from the club on a possible solution.

I am conscious though of the strain on the club at the moment with all their other priorities.

btw I did understand that a 24 x 12 flag was being considered by others so I assumed (sob) ours would be ok.

Edited by Shuggie

*The day i nearly broke my fckin neck doing a spiderman?

yes, it's too big for that, the right hand bottom corner drapes onto the stair case.

maybe it could be used as a dust sheet for the old dugouts?

what i would suggest is making sure you know exactly where it is, who has access to where its stored etc... infact i'd get it out of firhill until something can be decided...

as hard as it is to believe, the club lost the greaves flag... yes. that flag that took 8 folk to carry? the club have lost it!

According to the pilgrimage thread on this section of the forum Ian Maxwell confirmed he had it in the office at the start of May. I will be in Glasgow next week, so I can check and even pick it up should we feel it is necessary.

Topcat/Shuggie, are either of you the owner of the flag, or could any of us phone up saying "I'm a Nomad and I'd like to pick the flag up"?

The Flag is in the Groundsmans shed.

I went up to the club two weeks before the start of the season to see how to put it up. Its so big I just couldn,t find anywhere.

As I was travelling overseas I gave Shug the details and he spoke with Ian Maxwell asking if they could find a solution. Not sure on the outcome of that.

The only possibles I can see are.

1. Somewhere also on the Bing (But club reluctant as it is now being used for advertising)

2. In the space between the North and JHS Stand. (Who would pay for the fixing..might need a cherrypicker)

3. Or horror of horrors. Resize the thing maybe just rescuing the main badge in the middle.

Shug..can you ask again if any ideas from the Club.

The Flag is in the Groundsmans shed.

I went up to the club two weeks before the start of the season to see how to put it up. Its so big I just couldn,t find anywhere.

As I was travelling overseas I gave Shug the details and he spoke with Ian Maxwell asking if they could find a solution. Not sure on the outcome of that.

The only possibles I can see are.

1. Somewhere also on the Bing (But club reluctant as it is now being used for advertising)

2. In the space between the North and JHS Stand. (Who would pay for the fixing..might need a cherrypicker)

3. Or horror of horrors. Resize the thing maybe just rescuing the main badge in the middle.

Shug..can you ask again if any ideas from the Club.

If you need it re-sized I'll give it to my mum the next time I'm home it'll be half the size it was previosly and she'll swear it was washed at the right temperature

• Like 1

That is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. These wee things make me hate the matchday experience in Scottish football nowadays.

In fairness NS the flag is huge!

The police could easily look at it as somewhere for stuff like empty alcohol containers to be stashed. Anything.

Then you've got health n safety. A lit fag gets flicked on it... You get what I mean.

Aye this is a sore one for sure.

I'm still entangled in an ongoing search for a solution.

I do have an idea involving 4 fixed pulley wheels, two loops of cord with fixed flag fittings to allow the flag to be attached, raised and lowered before and after matches and then detached.

Wish me luck

Shug

Re your pulley Idea. Where are you considering for this idea.

I can say 100% that the Flag does not fit on either the side of the stand and absolutely not at the back of the stand. Therefore your idea for me would only happen across the space between the North and JHS.

I think we need a volunteer who is based in Glasgow to help you co-ordinate and check the possiblities of any ideas you may have.

I,m not back in Glasgow till mid September but if there is anything further I can do let me know.

I was up at Firhill today and the Nomads flag has been put up on the side of the North stand. It looks good. Hanging on the inside of the wall closest to Firhill Road, so it will be able to be seen by everyone in the JHS and possibly the TV cameras.

Fantastic news!! I'm off for a wee dram

I was up at Firhill today and the Nomads flag has been put up on the side of the North stand. It looks good. Hanging on the inside of the wall closest to Firhill Road, so it will be able to be seen by everyone in the JHS and possibly the TV cameras.

I suppose the Board are to blame for this!

Dons hard hat and runs for cover...

Please, can someone take a picture of that? I really would like to see the flag.

Ahh Magic news. I didn,t think that would be possible with the big beam in the middle. Now I need a photo just to round things off. Can someone going to the match tonight do the honours for us Nomads far away.

Cheers