2002 Vs 2013

dan_frank

Both good teams, i feel both are fairly even. I'd prob take fox over arthur...just.

O'donnell over mckinstrey.

I prefer '02archie at left back to sincy.

Balatoni had a great year, is he as good as craigan?

Muirhead over shaggy, quicker, and just as good with the ball.

Midfield, i'd have paton and bannigan, then anyone from hardie lennon fleming.

Up front, erskine n toastie just behind gerree!!

I think you have to give this team more credit due to the average age. Seeing guys like Bannigan, Sinclair, O'Donnell, Muirhead, Balatoni and Craigan running the 1st division is remarkable. And for me that's what makes this team better than the 02 side.

Lets not forget that Morton have pushed us a lot harder this season than airdrie ever did in 02. And having said that, we couldn't beat airdrie that year in 4 attempts. After last night we can now happily say that we've beaten the closest challengers.

Imo the fitness levels and stamina almost right thru the current squad are far higher than the 2002 squad. Altho' largely dried up in the last three games virtually every outfield player has scored more than one goal. So for a combination of free scoring and fitness I feel the present lads are superior.

However the 2002 players were less likely to be red carded and played a good deal cuter than this season's team, who are on occasion easily bullied. That may be down to having rookie managers instead of a Lambie as much as having a young squad. I can't speak for anyone else but the football we've played this season with the odd bit of naivety thrown in makes for excellent entertainment. Archie has by and large redressed the naivety side of things and we're now able to win games without having to play our A game but not to the same degree that Lambie's team were able to grind out results.

Be a close call but I would just favour the wee bit extra flair of the present team to trump the 2002 side.