Gary Harkins

BearsdenJag

Depends what kind of financial situation Dundee are in and what contract he's on. They could easily pay him well over the odds, whether or not they have the money. After all they've done it a few times. I suppose if he's on a short contract just to the end of season we could sign him (no fee) if he prefers playing in the SPL rather than taking a bigger wage to play in Division 1.

• Like 1

Aye I asked the same thing on P&B and someone, claiming to have spoken to his brother Paul Harkins, suggested that he had signed a pre-contract with Motherwell. A shame because I would have taken him back in a heartbeat and he'd have been the ideal replacement for Erskine, but there will be so many free transfers open to clubs this season, as more and more players are being released. I wouldn't be shocked if we seen one Jonny Tuffey back at the club.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

If I can forgive Andy Dowie, I most certainly can forgive Harkins. Would love to see it happen.

While on the subject of players returning, I'd have Carney back too although I am starting to see a lot of the old Cairney in James Craigen.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

If I can forgive Andy Dowie, I most certainly can forgive Harkins. Would love to see it happen.

While on the subject of players returning, I'd have Carney back too although I am starting to see a lot of the old Cairney in James Craigen.

For long I associated Dowie with some of our poorest teams of recent decades. But he's done well since he left us, matured nicely, and if last night is anything to go by would fit very nicely into the squad for next season. At only 30 he's not one of those ancient SPL-experienced guys who sometimes pitch up at Firhill for a final pay-cheque and nothing else. He should have several good years ahead of him.

Re Cairney: he was terrific for us, but largely thanks to Bannigan and Craigen (and also Welsh), along with Paton's positional move, he hasn't been missed at all. Would happily take him back, though.

Aye I asked the same thing on P&B and someone, claiming to have spoken to his brother Paul Harkins, suggested that he had signed a pre-contract with Motherwell. A shame because I would have taken him back in a heartbeat and he'd have been the ideal replacement for Erskine, but there will be so many free transfers open to clubs this season, as more and more players are being released. I wouldn't be shocked if we seen one Jonny Tuffey back at the club.

I wondered about that too. The Christmas period showed that we need a genuine alternative to Fox. For all of his penalty antics, I wouldn't complain if the Queen's keeper came to us. He did look like a decent keeper when called on.

He obviously still has a soft spot for Thistle. He was in the Corporate Hospitality at Firhill before the Ramsdens Cup Final, and they got him to draw the raffle.

You didn't tell the whole story. Ian Maxwell introduced GH to make the draw, which had a season ticket as one of the prizes, and told everyone that GH was hoping to win it, since it would be his best chance to see some SPL action next season. :evil:

Edited by Fearchar

Harkins>Erskine

More consistent than Erskine and more predictable in some ways.

Erskine to watch and what he delivers in my opinion is much more exciting to watch.

I never looked at Harkins and thought of Denis McQuade ! Every time I look at Chris it takes me back 35 years !

But yes I would love to hear Jags fans wishing Glorious Gary free to shag there wife's if it meant he was back in a Jags shirt lol

One of the good things about this thread is how many ex-players still have a fondness for the club to the extent of turning up. Cairney has been at quite a few games this season, Harkins in hospitality. While we may have breathed curses under our breath when they left, they obviously have enough feeling for the club to turn up and show their support. I think I like that.

One of the good things about this thread is how many ex-players still have a fondness for the club to the extent of turning up. Cairney has been at quite a few games this season, Harkins in hospitality. While we may have breathed curses under our breath when they left, they obviously have enough feeling for the club to turn up and show their support. I think I like that.

It does seem to be a recuring theme does it not ?

Or do other teams have the same ?

I would think they do to be honest !

Still nice to see though.

yeah I've seen Tuffey at quite a few games and I'm sure Buchanan has been a few times aswell. Super Manny Panther was there on Wednesday night aswell! I was walking up from the city end towards the north stand about 7.10 and Tuffey was outside the old ticket booths, I'm sure Robbie Neilson (not an ex jag I know!) was there aswell, anyone else able to confirm that?

yeah I've seen Tuffey at quite a few games and I'm sure Buchanan has been a few times aswell. Super Manny Panther was there on Wednesday night aswell! I was walking up from the city end towards the north stand about 7.10 and Tuffey was outside the old ticket booths, I'm sure Robbie Neilson (not an ex jag I know!) was there aswell, anyone else able to confirm that?

Can't confirm but just to throw another name out there - Gus MacPherson was in the crowd.