Worst Ever Jags Manager?

LambieIsGod

Yeah,McLeod wins it for me. The memory that sticks in my mind from his time in charge is from a game at firhill (can't remember who against) when even though we were getting beat and were playing terribly he stood leaning against the dugout and couldn't have looked any less interested if he tried.

Yeah,McLeod wins it for me. The memory that sticks in my mind from his time in charge is from a game at firhill (can't remember who against) when even though we were getting beat and were playing terribly he stood leaning against the dugout and couldn't have looked any less interested if he tried.

PT 0 StJ 4? "if you're going to lose your unbeaten home record you might as well do it in style..."

It's a tough call: so much 'managerial' dross to choose from. The thing about Campbell's period is that it arguably had the worst impact on the fan base and nearly led to STJ2 - with a little help from his friends on the board, of course.

As referred to above, many of the fans lost through DC are gone forever, and maybe only now is there a wee chink of light that some prodigal fans might just return to the faith. Fingers crossed and all that.

Between Campbell and Whyte, and I'd opt for Whyte. At least under Campbell we had little spells, and we had two or three very decent cup runs under him. The bad times, however, were very bad, and some of the worst performances I've seen ( 0-6 loss to Gretna, 1-4 to Clyde) came under his tenure. Ian McCall's work in rebuilding what was left behind should never be underestimated. But under Whyte we dropped like a lead balloon, and he set the foundations for our relegation from a league which we were favourites to win. He also brought in Jorge Cadete.

Between Campbell and Whyte, and I'd opt for Whyte. At least under Campbell we had little spells, and we had two or three very decent cup runs under him. The bad times, however, were very bad, and some of the worst performances I've seen ( 0-6 loss to Gretna, 1-4 to Clyde) came under his tenure. Ian McCall's work in rebuilding what was left behind should never be underestimated. But under Whyte we dropped like a lead balloon, and he set the foundations for our relegation from a league which we were favourites to win. He also brought in Jorge Cadete.

He also brought in Barry Smith!!! How scary can that be??

Whyte was joint manager with Gerry- I don't see how you can nominate one seperately

Were they not more like McNamara and Donelly? Definitely one in charge.

I'm not sure how it was in practice, but I'm pretty sure they were officially on a level footing as joint managers. At the time I always felt people wanted to believe Whyte was in charge so that the could lay the blame there, and not the King of Spain.

In order of complete incompetence:

1. Dick Campbell

2. Derek Johnston

3. Murdo McLeod

1. Sandra Clark - took over a decent lambie team and sank them like a stone

2. Dick Campbell - only escapes no 1 as took over a crap team but football was unforgivable and he talked an amazing amount of nonsense

3. Derek Johnstone - Fat H*n

• Like 1

For the grevious harm he did to the club,

for his delusions of adequacy,

for his arrogance and contempt for Thistle fans

for being a complete tosser of a man,

it has to be

Dick Campbell

DJ was a joke

Sandy Clarke totally lost the dressing room

Collins, Bryce etc werent up to it. Mcveigh was unlucky

But no one amost killed the Jags the way that Campbell did.

I'll never forgive that man

• Like 2

We are only now recovering from that era. I have 3 mates that went everywhere, home and away, that chucked it during that era. The Campbell and board senario sickened them completely. Two returned to Firhill on Wednesday and as a result were at the Excelsior yesterday....too early to say they are back full time, but its a step in the right direction!

Have to admit chucked it myself during the campbell era.The board at the time couldnae run a bath never mind a football club. I,ve been to several games this season and its been brilliant to watch this present crop of players.

From wiki...

In the summer of 2007, Campbell was appointed manager of just-relegated Ross County, with the proviso that he would have only one chance at earning the club promotion, and would be sacked if he was unsuccessful. Ultimately, Campbell was not even given a full season in charge, and despite leading the club to the top of Division Two he was sacked on 2 October, allegedly for playing overly defensive football.

You have to respect Ross county for this

If you are going to criticise Whyte then you have to criticise Gerry Britton as well.

Much as I dislike Whyte (and as much as i like GB) they were joint managers so are both ultimately responsible.

This is one of the reasons why joint management doesn't work. The buck has to stop with one man.

It's a toss up between DC and Sandy Clark for me. Both had fairly decent sides and made a total arse of it. I've never hated watching us as much as I did under DC to the point that when my post Peterhead hangover kicked in, I actually though, aw :censor: that means we'll be stuck with him in the 1st. Clark took Lambie's team and turned it into a great big giant turd.

Guys like DJ, Billy Lamont and McVeigh were terrible managers with terrible teams

Bryce and McVeigh I can forgive.

McLeod and Campbell however, no.

Campbell tho for me hasvto wear this crown. I think the facts show we lost 1000 fans when we were promoted to the first. That in itself is just crazy.

His brand of football was shocking, his condescending/patronising attitude to the fans was enough to behold. The funny thing is, it was bone who took the vast majority of the training and tactical work. DC was seen by the players as the jovial guy who kept up moral etc.

Unless you were there watching it, no one can understand just how bad it was, there was players there who just thought they could cruise through games not giving their all.

Players will argue that fans don't understand and every player gives their all, but there was players there stealing a wage whilst mugs paid in every week to watch them. It was actually jaw dropping at times.