Worst Ever Jags Manager?

LambieIsGod

For me , with (dis)honourable mentions to the Dick, and DJ there is a clear winner in my 30+ yrs watching the Jags.....step forward Sandy Clark.

Took a team with one league defeat (in the game before he was appointed away at McDiarmid) to winning 2 of the next 17. Included in that shambles was a 5-4 Hogmanay humping from Albion Rovers ffs....despite being 2 up after 3 mins and also leading 4-2 as I recall.

Archie showing up pretty well so far as stats below show (great site for the statto's amongst us!)

http://www.fitbastat...games.php?id=16

http://www.fitbastat...ger_records.php

According to that site Bryce is one of our top ten best ever managers (% games won), well ahead of the likes of Mcparland, Auld and Lambie :shok:

Strangely, whilst Auld brought us some success. I've heard many say it was the worst football you could ever imagine watching!

Rough in goal and 10 across the back.

We got the reputation of being boring for a time under Bertie. I can see where people were coming from but that was largely based on our away game. At home we were entertaining tho' we could shut up shop if need be. Be unfair to compare us back then to the likes of Ross Co last season but like them we definitely played to very different tunes depending if we were home or away.

It's also got to be remembered we were successful in remaining in a top flight of only ten clubs for years and you can't do that playing free flowing football.

All good sides are built on the basis of a solid defence. A well-known, knowledgeable football reporter of my acquaintance echoed my own thoughts when he mentioned this to me recently, after I had explained what our recent defensive record was like. (Do mhuinntir na Gàidhlig: bha sin dìreach mun do nochd mi fhìn agus Uisdean MacIllFhinnein air prògram spòrs madainn Disathairne sa chaidh.)

We've had a great season, but without the addition of defensive strength under Archie, there would have been no promotion this season.

Clark took a good team to a rotten Team

Campbell- squandered a big budget and played rotten football

Bryce- out of his depth

McVeigh- Unlucky but really a talentless bully

While they are all rotten and deserve no praise the winner is Collins and imbecile of a man who only got the job cause Lambie told the board to give it to him

Somebody should do a poll!!