John Lambie - Sportsound

Balmedie-Jag

Kni- sinclair really? I think lambie would get frustrated by the fact he's not that great a defender. Aye he's got pace n a goood engine, but lambie i think would want him to defend 1st. Plus i've saw 1-2 incidents of him shitting out of tackles, like last night 1st half in front of northy

Notice that another omission is Bobby Law then again he wasnt a Lambie signing so presumably wasn't teacher's pet. Packing his team full of nutters and or "characters" is fair enough but the inclusion of a few long serving players not signed by him but who played hundreds of games for him might have diluted predictable litany of nutters/characters.

Kni- sinclair really? I think lambie would get frustrated by the fact he's not that great a defender. Aye he's got pace n a goood engine, but lambie i think would want him to defend 1st. Plus i've saw 1-2 incidents of him shitting out of tackles, like last night 1st half in front of northy

Lambie could have converted Sinclair to be a winger. Gareth Bale started as a left-back.

Edited by kni

I am suprised the likes of willie jamieson wasn't in there. I liked shaggy n craigan, a lot, but i thought jamieson was a crackin player. Ian cameron too i find an odd omission, as well as alby craig.

Lambie mentioned Albert Craig favourably in the interview. Ian Cameron was a great player for us but Lambie had a few to choose from.

Notice that another omission is Bobby Law then again he wasnt a Lambie signing so presumably wasn't teacher's pet. Packing his team full of nutters and or "characters" is fair enough but the inclusion of a few long serving players not signed by him but who played hundreds of games for him might have diluted predictable litany of nutters/characters.

I saw Bobby Law not that long ago in Strathaven in his fermer's overalls - rave on! Edited by Charlie Endell

Just listened to the Lambie XI interview; great entertainment!

"Big... eh... Oanay Won" (Armand One). :D

The pigeon story is great!

I was thinking about that One story; Lambie said Gerry sorted him out - Collins never came back for that three game stint, did he? If he did, I certainly don't recall it.

I was thinking about that One story; Lambie said Gerry sorted him out - Collins never came back for that three game stint, did he? If he did, I certainly don't recall it.

My memory is no better than Lambie's. :unknw:

ETA: Interesting to find out that Steve Pittman is now manager at Broxburn juniors.

Edited by Jaggernaut