Falkirk Boozers?

Duke Gekantawa

Stuart Kennedy's pub (don't know if he still owns it - last time I was in was before a game at Brockville) is / was a decent boozer - bit of a trek to the FS though.

Hole In The Wa' was passable as was another near Brockville but the name escapes me.

Beats Livingston anyway.

Avoid the Mill Inn though - makes the Star & Garter seem classy.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Stay away from the Scotia Bar in Falkirk. Horrible

Rialto is a decent pub. Think it was called North Star for a bit but heard it had changed back to Rialto. Again, bit of a treck from the ground.

How good would it have been if this game was at Brockville?

Stuart Kennedy's pub (don't know if he still owns it - last time I was in was before a game at Brockville) is / was a decent boozer - bit of a trek to the FS though.

Hole In The Wa' was passable as was another near Brockville but the name escapes me.

Beats Livingston anyway.

Avoid the Mill Inn though - makes the Star & Garter seem classy.

Classy avatar Charlie :lol:

Wish I hadn't read this thread as it brought back terrible memories . . . . .

Who all remembers going into the boozer on the way to a Brockville match in the early 80's(?) with flashing lights in the window, tables everywhere, pi$h drink and an old hag of a stripper appearing from ladies loo and trying to dance through the tables. Scarred for life I was :drink2::confused1::party2::sarcastic:

Then once inside the stadium the fans changing ends at half-time 'on the pitch or track', exchanging the usual pleasantries :tongue2:

Mon ra Jags!!! :fan: :fan: :fan:

Edited by Tob Jag

Kennedy had the pup down the hill from Falkirk High station. long time ago it was called the pines. whole lot of aberdeen scotland memrobilia on the walls. Gothenburg obviously. I used to work for the railway and we were doing a job at falkirk high the same sunday the ugly sisters were playing.

lunch time was a knock on the back door and a can we see the match please.

for younger people pubs used to close during the day

Kennedy had the pup down the hill from Falkirk High station. long time ago it was called the pines. whole lot of aberdeen scotland memrobilia on the walls. Gothenburg obviously. I used to work for the railway and we were doing a job at falkirk high the same sunday the ugly sisters were playing.

lunch time was a knock on the back door and a can we see the match please.

for younger people pubs used to close during the day

That’s the Woodside, he sold that pub a while back I think.

Better drinking in town then getting a taxi down. It’s further than you think to walk and if you have had a few pints you might regret it!

Behind the wall is good but expensive. There is a Wetherspoons in Bank Street that is the best option. Don’t think many jags fans know about it because I did not see one Thistle fan before that game last time.

Stay away from the Scotia Bar in Falkirk. Horrible

Rialto is a decent pub. Think it was called North Star for a bit but heard it had changed back to Rialto. Again, bit of a treck from the ground.

How good would it have been if this game was at Brockville?

Is this the griefhole we went in earlier in the season? If so stay away, terrible staff with no time for football fans.

I never like the Hole in the Wa, stupidly expensive for a pub in Falkirk.

Beyond that there is a couple of old man boozers on the same street as that Scotia Bar place which I was trying to take us to last time, can't remember what it is called but been in there a few times, big H*n shop but they are more than happy to have fans with colours and so on, spent a whole day in there when snow postponed a game a couple of seasons back.