West Ham Bid For Dorrans

OorWull

Just think what an asset Dorrans would have been for us if we'd been able to secure his services at the time. A £4m windfall would have removed the need to go down the PropCo route :secret:

I suppose so but Livi were an SPL club and we were a mid table 2nd division outfit, getting humped at Firhill by Peterhead and Stirling when Dorrans was with us.

It would have taken a mad man in charge of Livi to let Dorrans go. Oh! :o mad man, Livi, in charge :thinking:

Just think what an asset Dorrans would have been for us if we'd been able to secure his services at the time. A £4m windfall would have removed the need to go down the PropCo route :secret:

I doubt that even if we had signed him, we wouldn't have got anywhere near £4m for him if we then sold him on.

We'd have got roughly the same as Livingston, maybe a little more.

WBA will get a few quid for getting promoted and why would they want to sell one of their best players to a team they will be fighting relegation with next season.

Makes sense to knock the offer back.

Agreed. Also, Man City were reported to be interested not long ago, West Brom will be thinking they can get more for him if this is the case.

Do Livi have a sell on clause? Are they maybe due a wee windfall if Dorrans does move on?

I heard that initially they did have a sell on clause in the contract but the former chairman allowed WBA to buy it out, but then at the time Livi were going bust there were so many rumours flying about.

I can see Dorrans moving onto a bigger Premiership club, were Man City not rumoured to be interested after Scotland v Czech match

I heard that initially they did have a sell on clause in the contract but the former chairman allowed WBA to buy it out, but then at the time Livi were going bust there were so many rumours flying about.

I can see Dorrans moving onto a bigger Premiership club, were Man City not rumoured to be interested after Scotland v Czech match

Yeah I remember reading this. Would he cut it at Man City but? I dont know, I think the boys a great player, but I fear he will go to a club which are 'too big' for him. Maybe Newcastle would be a better destination

Yeah I remember reading this. Would he cut it at Man City but? I dont know, I think the boys a great player, but I fear he will go to a club which are 'too big' for him. Maybe Newcastle would be a better destination

While I think he's good enough for them, the danger at a club this size is he ends up playing lots of reserve games because they're going to have a huge squad. At his stage in his career he needs games. A mid-table team like Birmingham, Sunderland or Everton maybe, but obviously not to likely relegation rivals.

Christ a new forum and still mass hysteria over Graham Dorrans..this thread should be on a lavvy forum as Graham Dorrans was never actually a Thistle Player..he was a guy we got on loan who has turned out well..the way folk harp on and on about him as if we made him..FFS!!!

He also scored the best goal I have ever seen with my own eyes (i.e. not on telly or youtube, etc.).

This is a football forum as well as a Thistle forum and if there were any other Scottish players attracting multiple-million-pound transfers, particularly in one of the best leagues in the world, I'd hope we'd be discussing those too.

Christ a new forum and still mass hysteria over Graham Dorrans..this thread should be on a lavvy forum as Graham Dorrans was never actually a Thistle Player..he was a guy we got on loan who has turned out well..the way folk harp on and on about him as if we made him..FFS!!!

He was our player, played for us, scored for us & we paid him. :thumbsup2:

Maybe we did make him? He wasn't getting a chance at Livi, came here played well. Scored some goals, went back to Livi & never looked back.. :thumbsup2:

Apparently West Brom have put a £12m price tag on him! BUt that got me thinking, what's the highest ever transfer fee involving a Scottish player? Biggest coming to mind is Scott Brown from Hibs to Celtic.

Just remembered Craig Gordon! Take it there's none bigger?!

Edited by nickthejag

He was our player, played for us, scored for us & we paid him. :thumbsup2:

Maybe we did make him? He wasn't getting a chance at Livi, came here played well. Scored some goals, went back to Livi & never looked back.. :thumbsup2:

Yes DC Made Graham Dorrans the player he is today if you believe that you probably believe that Messi and Tevez are joing us on loan next season!

Yes DC Made Graham Dorrans the player he is today if you believe that you probably believe that Messi and Tevez are joing us on loan next season!

I'd well imagine Dorrans might acknowledge playing alongside Mark Roberts that half season was of great benefit to his progress. He certainly left us a more confident player than when he started out.

You're correct tho' re DC. It's near inconceivable that any young player would have learned anything positive under his tutelage but 1JL never mentioned Campbell. It is possible that a player can develop despite of the management team.