If We Clinch It On Saturday

Hit The Bar

The Brass Monkey is a good pub. The Ramsdens Cup Day was brilliant. A lot of choice in beer and lager department (and also spirits) and the prices are up on a board for even Mr Magoo to see. Good for Thistle fans and also for taking your wife and gf. One of my fave pubs in the whole of Glasgow.

I can wholeheartedly agree. On the first Jagettes day our "early burds" were in the BM for a bite to eat, and GPT could not have been more accommodating. Those redanyella shots were deadly, though. :shok:

We've got the Budvar Yeast Beer now too (and the 7.5% Premier Select in bottles - rocket fuel, but tasty!)

:confused1:

Actually, GPT - you'll be able to give me some information. Do you do any alcohol free beers/lagers/ciders/wines? I've discovered the awesomeness of Erdinger Frei, and Eisberg white wine, but Kopparberg free is my mainstay. If you do any I think Getting Jaggy's Bump and I could be new quiz regulars over the summer holidays (roll on June)...

Edited by gettingjaggy

Actually, GPT - you'll be able to give me some information. Do you do any alcohol free beers/lagers/ciders/wines? I've discovered the awesomeness of Erdinger Frei, and Eisberg white wine, but Kopparberg free is my mainstay. If you do any I think Getting Jaggy's Bump and I could be new quiz regulars over the summer holidays (roll on June)...

We do. At Den we have Erdinger & at The Brass Monkey we've got the rather tasty Budvar alcohol free - it's actually very nice! We can do you 'mocktails' too...

• Like 1

Something that really gets my goat is when a bar in Glasgow is described as "a bar straight from New York" etc and that is mainly because I was lucky to live in NYC over 10 years ago and still bang on about it and miss it. BUT The Brass Monkey does have a good vibe and setup that does remind me of something down the East Village or Williamsburg but without the skinny jean wearing, i-book carrying, bearded and fixed gear bike patrons.

Ah shit. Better change my trousers, have a shave, leave the computer and dump the bike before I turn up at t'Brass Monkey tomorrow night...