'evening' Times - 8-Page Pull-Out?

l'escardot

Glasgow's own 'evening' newspaper disappears between the two cheeks of the same arse (once again).

If you haven't bought today's 'Evening' Times for the souvenir coverage of a Glasgow team's championship season don't.

Between the 8 page Celtic Title Tribute pull-out, nearly 2 pages on Celtic in the news section, 3 pages on Celtic in the sports pages there's under two pages of re hashed reporting you'll already have seen from the week-end on the Jags.

That is, the same amount of coverage today that they give to Sevco's boardroom troubles. (not to mention the 8 page Sevco pull-out the Monday after a Queen's Park defeat handed them the Third Division).

No surprise there, but when you think about it most Celtic and Sevco fans come from places so far from Glasgow that they can't even buy the Evening Times.

The Jags supporting proportion of actual Glasgow based football fans that could buy their dying paper must be fairly high.

Glasgow's own 'evening' newspaper disappears between the two cheeks of the same arse (once again).

If you haven't bought today's 'Evening' Times for the souvenir coverage of a Glasgow team's championship season don't.

Between the 8 page Celtic Title Tribute pull-out, nearly 2 pages on Celtic in the news section, 3 pages on Celtic in the sports pages there's under two pages of re hashed reporting you'll already have seen from the week-end on the Jags.

That is, the same amount of coverage today that they give to Sevco's boardroom troubles. (not to mention the 8 page Sevco pull-out the Monday after a Queen's Park defeat handed them the Third Division).

No surprise there, but when you think about it most Celtic and Sevco fans come from places so far from Glasgow that they can't even buy the Evening Times.

The Jags supporting proportion of actual Glasgow based football fans that could buy their dying paper must be fairly high.

Used to get the ET every night, but an absolute waste of money nowadays as its just filled with the usual Sevco/Celtic pish. You summed it up saying that spreads were given to Glasgows ugly sectarian twins when they won their leagues yet when the other team in Glasgow...you know, the one that hates anything to do with sectarianism, the one that encourages young people to the game for no charge whatsoever, the club that lives within their means,wins their league we get sod all from Glasgows evening newspaper.. DISGRACE!!

• Like 1

Herald is almost as bad. They'll have something but you have to dig to find it. (Mind you that may be because I only read it online and their site's badly designed.)

The Scotsman, much as I could criticise it in other ways does give very good coverage of the other teams, including lower league teams. Can always depend on something, however brief, on our games and of other lower league teams - and not just sevco..

Edited by Mr Bunny

Jags pull-out is to be in next Saturdays paper. They need to plan these things in advance, in order to get the copy written and the ads sold

If today's Celtic one is anything to go by, ian_mac and Gary Peebles Tackle will already be being harassed by Newsquest Ads sales team.

Edited by l'escardot

..you know, the one that hates anything to do with sectarianism, the one that encourages young people to the game for no charge whatsoever, the club that lives within their means,wins their league we get sod all from Glasgows evening newspaper.. DISGRACE!!

Never mind the only one that was in any kind of a competitive league this season. There was only one division that didn't have the winner's name already etched on the trophy before the season started - ours. You'd think that would bring in a bit more interest.

"Thistle are in the highest tier of Scottish football, so I don't know why they wouldn't want to stay?"

That's it in a nutshell for me, Conrad!

It's all those Tannacice millions ...

• Like 1

Never mind the only one that was in any kind of a competitive league this season. There was only one division that didn't have the winner's name already etched on the trophy before the season started - ours. You'd think that would bring in a bit more interest. It's all those Tannacice millions ...

Come on it's been the same for years. Long before they started intense reporting of the 3rd division this season for some reason the media always put the OF before real football. For years if there was a choice between two cup games (for instance) and one was OF-cheek versus East Stirling or say Motherwell against Hibs which would be the one that got most coverage? I don't have to give you the answer, do I?

Edited by Mr Bunny

just watched stv news nothing about thistle winning the league all celtic and rangers :mad:

Said on Sportsound tonight that they would have a review of Thistle winning the league. Surprise, surprise, unless I missed it going to the bathroom, they spent half of the time talking about Celtic's SPL win which might be fair enough, However, they spent the rest of the programme bemoaning Sevco's travails and how their absence affects the SPL, tainted title etc. etc.

In all honesty I expect little if anything from the Scottish media, it has been ever thus and unfortunately it will ever be so in this country

absolutely nae interest shown by either channel which is shocking, who cares less aboot john higgins getting nocked oot at the 1st round of the snooker or which horse raman has lost money on? total joke. more fool them though as the coverage by PTFC/TV was brilliant and slightly made up for not making it. I see even sky sports news made an effort.

Edited by colstar

However, they spent the rest of the programme bemoaning Sevco's travails and how their absence affects the SPL, tainted title etc. etc.

and I suppose Celtic (or Hibs) would rather win the Cup this season, as it's not tainted at all after being blessed by Sevco's participation in earlier rounds.