Pilgrimage

topcat

I am starting this thread for a bit of fun but also in the hope that it will call the faithful home.

With the raising of the Nomads Flag on Saturday I would ask that any Nomad who thinks "Maryhill is Wonderful" and makes the long trip home takes a moment to visit our Flag and get there picture taken.

Post it here and tell us your story. Where you have come from and what you have done on your visit home.

Forever and Ever....

• Like 1

Sorry Lads

Too be honest I never seen the presentatation which was down to the club,but I was wery dissapointed about how the the Flag was laid out in the North Stand.

From my position in the JS you couLd not really see our Flag at all and there was nothng I could do about it..Really felt,left out today. The coorporate was full of guys who wuould not sing.

Topcat

Sorry Lads Too be honest I never seen the presentatation which was down to the club,but I was wery dissapointed about how the the Flag was laid out in the North Stand. From my position in the JS you couLd not really see our Flag at all and there was nothng I could do about it..Really felt,left out today. The coorporate was full of guys who wuould not sing. Topcat

399878_10151361456221356_1492626007_n.jpg

More to follow when my mate emails them to me...

Made that quote last night after to many beers. Sure the highlights wil be great.

Mona Jags

What a brilliant day out. In the 30 odd years i've been following Thistle, i have never experienced anything like that.

This was the 1st time my wife and son had been to firhill and they too loved the whole experience. (and will be back).

I think the next time i come over i will be staying the night as getting the boat from Belfast at 0730 and back home again at 2330 is too much for this old man lol. After seeing all the videos from the Star and Garter, it was a must for a pre match pint and it didn't dissapoint. A Quick pint in the AS after buying our tickets and then it was off to the back of the North Stand for the party.

Topcat, They did try to put the flag up, on the side of the stand, but it was just way too big. i knew what size it was going to be, but to actually see it, it makes me proud that we as nomads are able to have our own we part of firhill.

I have a few vidoes and photos, i'll upload them as soon as i figure out how to do it.

Sorry Lads

Too be honest I never seen the presentatation which was down to the club,but I was wery dissapointed about how the the Flag was laid out in the North Stand.

From my position in the JS you couLd not really see our Flag at all and there was nothng I could do about it..Really felt,left out today. The coorporate was full of guys who wuould not sing.

Topcat

Agreed on that. Kind of half spread out over a couple of rows of seats. But looking forward to it being diplayed in all its glory next season.

Topcat, They did try to put the flag up, on the side of the stand, but it was just way too big. i knew what size it was going to be, but to actually see it, it makes me proud that we as nomads are able to have our own we part of firhill.

I have a few vidoes and photos, i'll upload them as soon as i figure out how to do it.

Hmm, so anybody know what will be done with it?

Hmm, so anybody know what will be done with it?

flag.jpg

Up here would be my bet, just don't know how they'll manage to fix it...Don't know who these 2 lads are but they did their best to get it fixed up there.

Damn

As I was in corporate I never saw the Flag paraded and the effort that obviously was given by all the guys and the club.

My thanks to all involved and can now see that many really did try there best to get the Flag mounted. Again apologies for my earlier thoughtless comments.

Also looking forward to seeing were it will finally be raised next season

That looks like ian mac and dave j. I went for a photo with the flag after the pitch invasion and ian mac advised me that we need to get something to hang it up with for next time!

Are the club looking after it for now? I take it that it won't be left out to get blown about or damaged by the elements between matches, but will also be available for collection by a nomad should they be travelling to an away match where there might be room to hang it?

That looks like ian mac and dave j. I went for a photo with the flag after the pitch invasion and ian mac advised me that we need to get something to hang it up with for next time!

Are the club looking after it for now? I take it that it won't be left out to get blown about or damaged by the elements between matches, but will also be available for collection by a nomad should they be travelling to an away match where there might be room to hang it?

Good point, applicable to the other flags there too. They should probably be removed and stored for the summer months. I guess they're pretty well protected from rain (except the horizontal variety), but the sun shining directly onto them over the bing all day long over several months (if that happens!) might fade them.

Good point, applicable to the other flags there too. They should probably be removed and stored for the summer months. I guess they're pretty well protected from rain (except the horizontal variety), but the sun shining directly onto them over the bing all day long over several months (if that happens!) might fade them.

I believe that all the other flags are taken away by their owners each time, this flag however has no specific owner. I am sure someone posted a few weeks ago saying the club were looking after this for us but I just thought I'd make sure.

As LLD says, it isn't the most practical flag. If it is too difficult to place on the side of the stand as planned, perhaps we need to look at finding some hooks that can fit round the seating so that it can lie on top of seats as it was but remain flat out and visible.

Guys

Been travelling again so haven,t had a chance to see the latest posts.

After looking at the pictures I think the Flag could go on the side of the Stand as the guys tried to do but it needs the proper bungee fittings and a few large ladders.

let me ask the advice of Ian_Mac