Close Season Quiz

Back to the last question.... anyone got an answer or does The Cuddly Toi have to give the final one? If no-one answers by midday tomorrow, someone else can ask a new question.

The third Thistle Connection is Amy McDonald, who sang Flower of Scotland, and has carnal connections to an ex Thistle player

As I never get an answer right, I thought that I would take advantage of the hiatus to ask a question.

Your first task is to identify the 11 players listed below from the past couple of decades who all share the annoying characteristic of scoring regularly against Thistle. To help you, the players are listed in alphabetical order of surname. I have given the number of letters in the first name followed by the number of letters in the second name and then the last vowel in each name. If a player is normally known by a diminutive, that is the name used.

So to take an example which obviously would not apply, KENNY ARTHUR would be 56EU. Was not sure about MCs and MACs, so in every case I have assumed MAC.

45OI

45EE

57EA

59II

66IE

35AO

59EA

510II

57AE

54OO

510EO

Your second task is to identify the two players from that list who went on partially to redeem themselves by scoring for Thistle. This question has been carefully worded!.

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 1

As I never get an answer right, I thought that I would take advantage of the hiatus to ask a question.

Your first task is to identify the 11 players listed below from the past couple of decades who all share the annoying characteristic of scoring regularly against Thistle. To help you, the players are listed in alphabetical order of surname. I have given the number of letters in the first name followed by the number of letters in the second name and then the last vowel in each name. If a player is normally known by a diminutive, that is the name used.

So to take an example which obviously would not apply, KENNY ARTHUR would be 56EU. Was not sure about MCs and MACs, so in every case I have assumed MAC.

45OI CLUE-INVENTIVE

45EE OWEN COYLE

57EA KENNY DEUCHAR

59II CLUE-CRAB FOOTBALL

66IE CLUE-NANCY DREW FOR BOYS

35AO PAT KEOGH

59EA PETER MACDONALD

510II COLIN MACMENAMIN

57AE CLUE-SCOTTISH INVOICE

54OO NACHO NOVO

510EO CLUE-FATHERED BY THE WIND AND RAIN

Your second task is to identify the two players from that list who went on partially to redeem themselves by scoring for Thistle. This question has been carefully worded! PAT KEOGH and KENNY DEUCHAR (own goal)

I have updated this to show the correct answers supplied so far and give clues for the 5 remaining names. Remember they are in alphabetical order of surname.

All three above correct. Going out now so quick clues for 2 left.

66 has three adjectives.

57 rang down the curtain on a double act.

Just to finish this one off and to leave the field clear for somebody else:-

66 is Martin Hardie (3 adjectives-Big Mad Mental). He has not (yet?) redeemed himself as his goals for Thistle were before, not after, he scored against us for other teams.

57 is Brian MacPhee, a regular scorer against us for Airdrie. Thereafter his winning goal for Hamilton, which sent us into the First Division relegation zone for the first time, led to Derek Whyte and Gerry Britton being relieved of their duties.

If rumours are true, John Baird may join the ranks of the redeemed.

• Like 1