Are We Getting A Dvd Of Last Season?

ColinKelvin

the club still might be making a dvd of last season , you may have to wait a little longer .first thing is you cant just make a dvd and sell it you need permission from the league who in turn,have to asked all the clubs in the league if its ok ,then you have to pay a small amount to the league for this .usually its just the season highlights that;s already on the web-site plus interviews ,that would have been done near the end of the season with thistle winning the league. thistle fan base for selling videos is around 1,000 to 1,200 just depends on how the fans feel about the dvd ,and the reaction it gets on the web=page .if you look at the last game of the season you will see the pttv cameraman on the park during the players celebrations , so a dvd could still be on the cards. with it all being done by volunteers then that keeps the cost down the last one cost about £1,000 for to set up and copied the profit is around £10,000 +. on dvd and videos pttv have have given the club over £45,000 from 4 being produced hope this helps. Campbell hughes.

Edited by glasgow boy

the club still might be making a dvd of last season , you may have to wait a little longer .first thing is you cant just make a dvd and sell it you need permission from the league who in turn,have to asked all the clubs in the league if its ok ,then you have to pay a small amount to the league for this .usually its just the season highlights that;s already on the web-site plus interviews ,that would have been done near the end of the season with thistle winning the league. thistle fan base for selling videos is around 1,000 to 1,200 just depends on how the fans feel about the dvd ,and the reaction it gets on the web=page .if you look at the last game of the season you will see the pttv cameraman on the park during the players celebrations , so a dvd could still be on the cards. with it all being done by volunteers then that keeps the cost down the last one cost about £1,000 for to set up and copied the profit is around £10,000 +. on dvd and videos pttv have have given the club over £45,000 from 4 being produced hope this helps. Campbell hughes.

Fair & valid post.

However, if this was the case, surely by now the club should have communicated to those fans who,have asked about it either via email or a general statements through their website or through their social media outlets.

They were quick enough to communicate the North Stand/Celtic goings on so why not a simple yes or no as regards the DVD of last season.

Communication is becoming a problem again for the club it seems. :(

Fair & valid post.

However, if this was the case, surely by now the club should have communicated to those fans who,have asked about it either via email or a general statements through their website or through their social media outlets.

They were quick enough to communicate the North Stand/Celtic goings on so why not a simple yes or no as regards the DVD of last season.

Communication is becoming a problem again for the club it seems. :(

Can I just touch on the bit in bold?

Those that were responsible for communication last season, in particular on the Club's Social Media sites, is unchanged from last season. There has been no shift there at all; nor on the Club website.

There have obviously been some issues over the summer but there really hasn't been that much to communicate. I'm not trying to be flippant in saying that.

What I've picked up on through looking at what our now peers do is that there is much room for improvement. I look at that as been part of us, as Club, growing as a SPL Club. It's a learning curve on and off the pitch.

As for the DVD I'm not sure if it really my place to communicate this while work is still be done but it has always been the intention to produce a DVD. I know work is being done on the actual footage ( a half day's work is grossly unfair timescale to attribute to that work) and I've been working on a small booklet to accompany it.

I'm not sure of timescales, prices etc which is why I've been reluctant to say anything. In truth I could have done my side of things a little quicker.

To return to my original point. A lot of people commented last season on the improvement in the Club's communications (and remember it was a tetchy summer!). Next to nothing on that front has changed but, yes, there is an element of having to 'up our game' to meet new challenges. I'm always looking for people to help with things, more so this year because I'm buggering off for a bit in August and will be missing at least one game.

• Like 3

As for the DVD I'm not sure if it really my place to communicate this while work is still be done but it has always been the intention to produce a DVD. I know work is being done on the actual footage ( a half day's work is grossly unfair timescale to attribute to that work) and I've been working on a small booklet to accompany it.

Thanks for the news, Tom. I'm sure many people will be delighted to hear this.

Would it be a good idea for the club to announce this officially and put a pre-order form on the OS? With excitement growing about the forthcoming season and memories of the last one still fresh, I'm sure there would be great interest. Having customers card details ready to process once DVD is ready is, surely, almost as good as money in the bank.

• Like 3

What I've picked up on through looking at what our now peers do is that there is much room for improvement. I look at that as been part of us, as Club, growing as a SPL Club. It's a learning curve on and off the pitch.

I'm not sure of timescales, prices etc which is why I've been reluctant to say anything. In truth I could have done my side of things a little quicker.

This is fantastic news, assuming it comes to fruition and does see the light of day - thanks for letting us know; I am glad someone did. I remain mystified as to why the club not only hasn't made any statement on what should be a feelgood subject - but why they have ignored emails on the subject. I find that quite a rude way to treat fans. I have contacted them twice, in May and as recently as Monday this week and got no response whatsoever. Are they really that short staffed?? Communication is indeed a learning curve - and the club seem to be right at the bottom of it!

• Like 2

Can I just touch on the bit in bold?

Those that were responsible for communication last season, in particular on the Club's Social Media sites, is unchanged from last season. There has been no shift there at all; nor on the Club website.

There have obviously been some issues over the summer but there really hasn't been that much to communicate. I'm not trying to be flippant in saying that.

To return to my original point. A lot of people commented last season on the improvement in the Club's communications (and remember it was a tetchy summer!). Next to nothing on that front has changed but, yes, there is an element of having to 'up our game' to meet new challenges. I'm always looking for people to help with things, more so this year because I'm buggering off for a bit in August and will be missing at least one game.

Funny that none of those previously moaning have responded to this!

Respond in what way? I don't think anyone has an issue with the job Tom does, everyone appreciates it. It's not his job to cover the arses of the board or the GM who took a holiday during our busiest period.

But his hands are tied in what he can put on the website if no one gives him anything to put out.

Ultimately, as far as I know Tom isn't accountable for the DVD. So as I say, I'm not sure what response you expect he should get?

• Like 2

Respond in what way? I don't think anyone has an issue with the job Tom does, everyone appreciates it. It's not his job to cover the arses of the board or the GM who took a holiday during our busiest period.

But his hands are tied in what he can put on the website if no one gives him anything to put out.

Ultimately, as far as I know Tom isn't accountable for the DVD. So as I say, I'm not sure what response you expect he should get?

Exactly.

Yeah, agree also.

Thanks to Tom for his post, but it really shouldn't be down to him to advise the Thistle support as to whether or not there will be a DVD or when. There are official club channels and outlets, for this type of thing, and people higher up the food chain than Tom, who are more accountable and responsible for the running of the club, and all commercial possibilities, and maximising these. It's been 10 weeks since the end of the season, 12 weeks since we knew for certain we were league champions, plenty of time for those who get paid and those who have duty of care and responsibility for ensuring the best for the club.

Fact there has been nothing officially communicated, emails ignored and potential lost sales as feelgood factor may have waned by whenever it is (if) released, lies at the doors of people not necessarily better people or bigger fans or who sacrifice more than Tom.

• Like 1

People should lay off Maxi for taking holidays at this time - what option does he have?

He's got a wife and two (?) school age kids.

He's 100% committed to Thistle.

Enough for me....

I totally understand what you're saying BUT here's the thing.

Archie for example has school age children. Same thing then could apply to him?

I think footballers & football club employees are a bit like teachers in the sense that they almost have set holidays - close season.

That's perhaps a little harsh on Maxwell as maybe the assumption was that Michelle Evans would be able to look after the 'shop' whilst he was away.

The club BoD are more culpable than anyone as its their job to run the 'business'. As soon as they knew that Maxy & Michelle Evans were both unavailable they should have got someone in- & that is in no way a dig at Eilidh or Tom any of the others helping out.

Who's dealing with DVD, hospitality & sponsorship?

In what's been said on here over last few weeks, it seems no one for the moment.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm glad they've eventually got this out. Also good to hear there are some extras beyond the basic highlights. Really hope this turns in to a bit of money spinner for the club.

Above all, I really hope that the club learn a lesson from this.

When there is clear demand for a product, taking 11 months to react and come up with the product it just isn't on. I hope we sell as many as possible, but I think we all know that the potential was there to sell many more had we got this out last summer, or even before christmas.

Look forward to picking one up on Friday night in any case.

• Like 1