"oh Maryhill Is Wonderful" Competition

Big Dave

So, we're all a bit bored with this close season boredom, so here's a bit of fun for the summer holidays. We all know that we were the "12th man" last season and one of the songs that contributed to that was the genius of "Oh Maryhill is Wonderful". So I thought it might be a good laugh to start a competition that could run till mid August, the idea being that you sing the anthem, wearing the red and yellow in any location other than Maryhill!! The rules are that anyone can enter, any age, but both verses must be sung and you have to wear your Jags top. Entries can be submitted from all over the world and then posted onto this thread. Perhaps the nice bosses could pin this topic to the top of all the threads.

Now to the prize!!! A year's supply of Hair Products! !!!!! That will consist of 3 gallons of shampoo and 2 gallons of conditioner, bottles and pumps supplied. And also a selection of fine styling products- hairspray, gel etc (I can tailor this to the winning entry being a boy or a girl) I may even offer a 2nd and 3rd prize depending on the quality of the entries.

Nomads please note that I will not post prizes out of Glasgow. If a nomad wins then you'll have to nominate a relative or someone over here or collect your prize if you're over on a visit.

Now, I'm looking for quality videos, have a think about your location, composition etc. You don't have to be a good singer. It's all about taking part and spreading the great name of Maryhill and Partick Thistle around the world.

Here's my example to get you all going-good luck!!!

• Like 3

So, we're all a bit bored with this close season boredom, so here's a bit of fun for the summer holidays. We all know that we were the "12th man" last season and one of the songs that contributed to that was the genius of "Oh Maryhill is Wonderful". So I thought it might be a good laugh to start a competition that could run till mid August, the idea being that you sing the anthem, wearing the red and yellow in any location other than Maryhill!! The rules are that anyone can enter, any age, but both verses must be sung and you have to wear your Jags top. Entries can be submitted from all over the world and then posted onto this thread. Perhaps the nice bosses could pin this topic to the top of all the threads.

Now to the prize!!! A year's supply of Hair Products! !!!!! That will consist of 3 gallons of shampoo and 2 gallons of conditioner, bottles and pumps supplied. And also a selection of fine styling products- hairspray, gel etc (I can tailor this to the winning entry being a boy or a girl) I may even offer a 2nd and 3rd prize depending on the quality of the entries.

Nomads please note that I will not post prizes out of Glasgow. If a nomad wins then you'll have to nominate a relative or someone over here or collect your prize if you're over on a visit.

Now, I'm looking for quality videos, have a think about your location, composition etc. You don't have to be a good singer. It's all about taking part and spreading the great name of Maryhill and Partick Thistle around the world.

Here's my example to get you all going-good luck!!!

Just realized I used to deliver your paper round about 1990

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...