Fixtures Moved For Tv

Ancipital

I agree that having the 1st 2 home games on a Friday is a bit much, but buying a ST this season gets you almost 5 free games( compared to pay at gate prices).

What the league needs to try to consider is the short notice about change of kick off date/time to try to allow as many supporters as possible to be able to arrange to get to the games.

Does anybody know what the details of the contract with TV regarding how far in advance they need to advise the clubs of any change

After a bit of thought, I'm pretty sure this is wise planning from the TV companies point of view. We are the new team and new stadium etc, so interest will be high near the start of the season.

Also our games will all have relevance as the league will be close. As far as they see it, we will probably be at the bottom-ish of the league after 10/15 games and our games won't be as attractive to televise.

Still unhappy but guess I'll just need to leave work early.

I agree that having the 1st 2 home games on a Friday is a bit much, but buying a ST this season gets you almost 5 free games( compared to pay at gate prices).

What the league needs to try to consider is the short notice about change of kick off date/time to try to allow as many supporters as possible to be able to arrange to get to the games.

Does anybody know what the details of the contract with TV regarding how far in advance they need to advise the clubs of any change

Aye, can't complain at the renewal price of £280. Are we guaranteed 19 home games though? I thought it could be 18 or 19 based on how the split works - never having paid much attention to the SPL in recent years I'm not sure.

Aye, can't complain at the renewal price of £280. Are we guaranteed 19 home games though? I thought it could be 18 or 19 based on how the split works - never having paid much attention to the SPL in recent years I'm not sure.

I think it could be 18, 19 or 20.

Still no sign of the mooted (by Archie press a few weeks ago i think) home friendly. If this was to happen, would ST holders get entry under their ST, as they did last season for the arr craib games?

I don't know, but I was referring to league games only. Some SPL clubs end up playing 20 home/18 away games in a season depending on how the post-split fixtures work out.

I fully expected this sort of thing and surprised so many others didn't. One of the many downsides of being a fan in the SPL but also something that's par for the course in modern football.

I yearn for the days when live football was a privilege, a rare thing to look forward to. In this case tho, I was gona miss both anyway. Will probably not be able to watch the utd game but at least I'll get to see the Hearts one.

Lets hope they announce the live games for the rest of the season as early as possible tho to minimise the disruption to fans.

I assume he means the first 5 games comprise 2 switched home games and 3 away games.

How many potential fans are we losing due to this 'promotion' nonsense?

Probably none.

Was always gonna be the case our first game would be moved just a matter of what timeslot and as they wouldnt give Celtic the Friday night one ours was the next logical game to move as it will be our flag day. Shame for a few people to miss out as they are at work/family commitments but thats life in the top league when you take the TV money and they move the games

Is it not a good thing that there will be a fair bit of attention on Thistle at the start of the season. Apart from folk who can't make it, how many supporters won't go to the Friday night games.

It is an opportunity to put on a good show and maybe attract some people to start coming along

With the Motherwell game a possibility for being moved to the Sunday(They are in EL business that week, if they get through their first tie), then 3 of our first 4 games will be played on a day other than Saturday.

Has there ever been such a run like that in Thistle's history?

• Members

P'd off. Working down south that week and the flight home is at 6:50pm. If I'd known earlier about this I could have arranged an earlier flight. Missed the last home game of last Season and now the first home game of this. It's almost as if we never got awarded the title. :(

I stay in Aberdeen, Ive made arrangements to get the time off work, and travel down on Saturday.....and then they change the script......not one letter did I receive.

What letter were you expecting?

I'd prefer the games at 3pm on a Saturday but as others have said it's now par for the course for games to be moved at relatively short notice.

One difference for Thistle fans now compared to the last time we were in the SPL is that games other than home games against Celtic (and Rangers when they're there) are now in danger of being moved as there are more games being shown.