Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

I've been trying to think about this in terms of what we need:

GK - Backup for Fox

LB - Competition/backup for Sinky

RB - Competition/backup for SoD. Depends on McMillan.

CB - Backup, as I think Conrad and Aero are good enough.

Holding CM - Replacement for Paton

AM - Erskine's a-gonner so we need an inventive winger/AM

CF - Archie probably has a target in mind given he that hasn't offered Craig a new deal

This assumes that we're able to hold on to those under contract.

Where is Bob Harris (ex QoS) these days as I always thought he was a very good left sided defender and would be good competition for Sinclair?

Sinclair is on the list of Coventry City

Presley is preparing an offer

We need to be aware the close season is not only about us improving our squad

There is clearly interest in some of this seasons squad from various clubs

What offers would be acceptable to the club?

Bannigan, Muirhead and Balatoni are also on clubs radars in the month ahead

See today's sun suggests celtic are set to free goalkeeper robbie Thompson. Thought he played really well against us at new Bloomfield in December and at firhill when we won one nil. Maybe worth signing as back up to fox. Sun also says they are freeing striker James kettings. Anyone think he is worth signing.

Sinclair is on the list of Coventry City

Presley is preparing an offer

We need to be aware the close season is not only about us improving our squad

There is clearly interest in some of this seasons squad from various clubs

What offers would be acceptable to the club?

Bannigan, Muirhead and Balatoni are also on clubs radars in the month ahead

There is no financial need to sell any of those mentioned unless they refuse to sign new contracts or contract extensions. Players will be worth more if they perform well in the SPL, especially against the top clubs.

However, given how well Bannigan played at left-back at the start of the season, a very good offer for Sinclair could be tempting but Montrose could be entitled to part of the fee.

Definitely a wind up. If it sounds too good to be true...

R.e bannigan muirhead balatoni I'd want 200k. Maybe more for banigan. Sinclair I'd take anything over 50k.

Without having a go. His final product along with defensive frailties. just don't quite justify a huge transfer fee.

However, given how well Bannigan played at left-back at the start of the season, a very good offer for Sinclair could be tempting but Montrose could be entitled to part of the fee.

I doubt that Stuart would be too happy not playing in his preferred position. At this time in his career he most likely wouldn't want to become known as a jack of all trades. As it is he's probably unsure between centre mid or left mid (where I think he played for the Under 21s).

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Good shout kni with regards Douglas

The four mentioned players are

in line for bids in the next couple of weeks

This is from a good source

Coventry,wolves,Sheffield United and others preparing bids for Sinky,Bannigan Muirhead and Balatoni

No wind up

Definitely a wind up. If it sounds too good to be true...

R.e bannigan muirhead balatoni I'd want 200k. Maybe more for banigan. Sinclair I'd take anything over 50k.

Without having a go. His final product along with defensive frailties. just don't quite justify a huge transfer fee.

Don't forget that for some clubs down south 100-200k is not a huge tranfer fee, far from it (and I don't just mean EPL/top Championship sides either).

Ideally I'd keep them all since they form a 'block' - a group of lads who played together all this season and were part of the best defence in our division. We want to keep as much of that together as possiblle. As said above, only sell if player doesn't sign up/sign extension. Remember last time we went up we stayed up the first season with close to the same team as got promoted but went down after losing manager and several key players.

New ones that came in weren't that bad - but weren't better - but the unit was broken. If we're forced to sell we need to bring in guys who will really fit in and if possible better than what we lose.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 2

I know for certain that Wolves had representatives at a number of our games earlier in the season and, as far as I know, the one they were particularly interested in was Muirhead. I would imagine they'll be having a huge clear-out regardless of whether they stay up or not so I wouldn't be surprised if they came in with a bid. Would be a great move for him.

I don’t think we can stand in the way if big clubs down south do come in for these players. All we can do is try to get the biggest amount for them. I am sure plenty of clubs have taken a look at them; it’s whether they are going to take any interest further.

It would leave Archie a huge task if we were to lose them however the long-term financial future would be a lot more secure.

I suspect we will lose at least one.

Someone on the Twitter there suggesting Johnny Russell & Gary Mackay Stephens (or whatever his name is) is coming to us!

Assume he's on the herbal ciggies...

I noticed that too. Supposedly funded by an injection of cash from the Aberdeen area. Hope he's right but it sounds far fetched!

The latest offering...

Something along the lines of "48 hours until big signing news for the Jags. #wow".

Tweet now deleted as far as I can see.

Hmm..... :thinking: