Nomads Club Meeting...christmas At Firhill

topcat

Its been a few years since the Nomads met...A Xmas dinner I recall in the Aitken Suite. I think it is high time for another such meeting.

Although its a long way off I believe the home game against Motherwell on Dec 29th would be ideal for most Nomads home for Xmas/New Year and would suit most rather than the boxing day game against ICT. To kick things off I am looking for who is of course interested in meeting up, what you think would be good to do pre-match etc. This could be a pub meet (e.g Star and Garter?) and then the game, or another Xmas meal in the Aitken again, if that is going to be on.

We would all of course go to the North Stand for the obligotory picture with the Flag and as well as the Firhill Fez you could wear a hat from which ever country you have travelled from.

So heres what I need for now

1. Yes I want to come along. Definite or Maybe.

2. Your prefered match. ICT(26th Dec) or Motherwell (29th Dec)

3. Any ideas you have for where and when to meet pre-match (Pub, Indian grub, Xmas dinner in Aitken, hospitality in the JH, Willow tearooms etc etc).

Shug I would be grateful if you could put out in the newsletter and on Facebook (might have to bite the bullet and join)

1. Topcat... Definite 2. Motherwell 29th Dec 3.Will go with Flow but like the Pub.

1. NorgeThistle...Definite 2. Anygame 3.Pub or Whatever.

1. Danish Jag... Definite 2. Motherwell 29th Dec 3. Pub (Coopers?)

1. Twinny... Definite 2. Anygame 3. Pub (likes Coopers idea)

Edited by topcat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do we have a decision yet Nomads?

I,m afraid after all my bluster I am going to have to call off. Just been assigned to a new project in Tunisia and have had to split Xmas/New Year with my back to back. Long and short of the story is I won,t arrive back until 29th Dec and it will be late in the day for sure.

So as well as missing a few beers I will be lucky to even make the game. I hope maybe some one else will take over and put out the call, but for me unforthunately I have to throw in the towel.

:(

This is the life of a Nomad!

Edited by topcat

• 1 month later...

After extensive discussion with the boss, I intend to be at the Motherwell game .. and probably at the Celtic game too.

Detailed plan ... Woody .... Club to fetch Fez

I'm looking forward to another Fez adorned photo but this time front of our flag.

Anyone else planning to be at Firhill for a mass photo shoot?

Shug

Back on the 29th Dec but will just miss the Motherwell Game as I don,t arrive to 3.00pm ish.

Interested in the Celtic game but haven,t seen anything regarding sale of tickets?

Can someone enlighten me. Few comments I have seen seem to have supporters going to the Celtic site to buy and only limited to 600. Why is that?

Let me know

Tommy

Don't know if you've looked into it yet Tommy, but tickets have been available for the Celtic game for a couple of weeks now. It has been pretty badly communicated and only mentioned on the fishal site news piece on tickets for Motherwell and Inverness matches last week. I luckily phoned up to ask and they told me tickets were available.

Also, I plan to go to all three games over the next week and a bit. So let me know if anyone wants to meet on any of the matchdays. Seems there isn't enough interest for anything formal, but if anyone wants to meet for a boxing day pre-match pint in Coopers, I'll be there. Not sure what time I'll arrive but I'll say on here before then.