Just In....from St Mirren Park

thebiglemon

Memorable win. Totally deserved. Yes we need to take more chances but also what bottle. Not settling for a point. Very proud of the team. Defense a little ropey at times but very happy tonight.

How did you manage to get back New Jersey in 45 minutes? Are you Superman is disguise?

Great football from Thistle again, totally played them off the park. Although at 1-0 down I was beginning to think a goal would never come. But come it did and not one but two. Team showed great character and self belief to go for the win, when most teams would have settled for the draw. IMO the decisive factors were the introduction of Dools, Forbes and Elliot, with again in my opinion Doolan having the biggest impact. Prior to these substitutions we were happy weaving pretty patterns and missing loads of chances. To be honest it had all the makings of one of those games we totally dominated, but couldn't score, very like the Hearts game. But, total credit to the team and Archie. St Mirren were to be fair as rank as Ross County, their goal was soft, but I suppose they deserve some credit for taking there only real chance, I think Denny Lennon may well get his jotters after this display, mind I fail to see how a new manager can come in and change things, when he can't buy anyone as the transfer window will be closed. Enough commiserating, once again I'm struggling for superlatives about this team we are wonderful!

• Like 2

Deserved the win, credit to the players for sticking to the plan and keep playing football. Sincy Craigen and Higginbotham best players, Higgy looks an inspired signing. I fcuking love this team.

Thought Foxy should have saved the goal, but I am glad the boys bailed him out as he bailed them out vs Cowdenbeath.

That would have been an absolute disaster if we hadn't have won that.Totally dominated the first half as much as we did to some of the poorer first division teams last season but for long periods didn't look as if we could score.Baird worked his socks off and pulled their central defenders out of position but honestly doesn't look to have a goal in him at this level.Saints goal was very poor defending,very reminicent of last weeks against 'Well and the shock of loosing it seemed to knock the confidence out of our players for a long time after. Good subs by Archie again , if a litte late,thought Elliot in particular liffted the team when he came on.Thought our central defenders need to be more physical too, they're getting pushed aroung too much.

Two great finishes at a great time sent us home happy.The Support was brilliant and the players looked as if they didnt want to leave the pitch at the end.

Up front is a real problem for us.Better teams than ST Mirren will take advantage of our lack of firepower.

• Like 1

If i was the manager, i would have the team in on Monday and make them practise their shooting. I have always cringed when people around me shouted hit it, but today i felt myself wanting to shout HIT IT.

The second thing I would tell the players, is to stop spending too much time cuddling the St Mirren players at full time and run to the fans at full time. Half the supporters had left by the time they got to us.

erty13

Great stuff from the Jags and 2 cracking goals as well. Should have won by so much more. No failures in the team every one of them did well.---Now to catch fake thistle and smelltic

WTF??

I went for my tea in Tirana at 1-0 down with 15 to go!!

I was expecting a thread about how crap we are up front.

Jah Jah Thistle.

If i was the manager, i would have the team in on Monday and make them practise their shooting. I have always cringed when people around me shouted hit it, but today i felt myself wanting to shout HIT IT.

The second thing I would tell the players, is to stop spending too much time cuddling the St Mirren players at full time and run to the fans at full time. Half the supporters had left by the time they got to us.

erty13

The shooting was certainly good in the second half- keeper had loads of saves to make, 2 off the line as far as I could see and 2 great goals. Kept shape really well compared to 2nd half v Hearts.

As far as I could see most fans stayed back to applaud the players.

So pleased with the result. I wish I could have been there, but from the commentary on ptfc.co.uk the support was cracking as always, I was optimistic we'd get something but was still worried we'd rue our missed chances. Once the first went in, I felt it would always be us who would be more likely to score again. Feels great to be a Jag.

Well done Jags...would have been home nearly two hours ago but some wee Paisley barsteward slashed my front tyre (£120 to replace)....don't park in Stirrat Street in future. Oh Maryhill is wonderful.....but Paisley is a $hithole..........Mr Happy with Jags but Mr Angry with Paisley scum