Just In....from St Mirren Park

thebiglemon

Well done Jags...would have been home nearly two hours ago but some wee Paisley barsteward slashed my front tyre (£120 to replace)....don't park in Stirrat Street in future. Oh Maryhill is wonderful.....but Paisley is a $hithole..........Mr Happy with Jags but Mr Angry with Paisley scum

Roads in Paisley are bad bud. Sure it was slashed or just ripped on a bad kerb ?

Well done Jags...would have been home nearly two hours ago but some wee Paisley barsteward slashed my front tyre (£120 to replace)....don't park in Stirrat Street in future. Oh Maryhill is wonderful.....but Paisley is a $hithole..........Mr Happy with Jags but Mr Angry with Paisley scum

When we beat them 3-1 in a cup replay ages ago (Mitchell, McCoy et al) my mates motor got tanned in Mossvale. I parked well away from the ground in Newton st.

tyre was definitely slashed....big rip through the side wall....impossible to repair....must have been the Pxx TFC Licence plate I got for my birthday....

Piss poor.

But if you can afford a licence plate like that I will reduce my levels of sympathy lol :thumbsup2:

At least we left with 3 points :fan:

I thought we were immense today, particularly Craigen, Osbourne, and of course Bannigan. The frustration of not scoring during our first half dominance offset by two superb goals late in the 2nd. What I found particularly noticeable was that St Mirren only tried to play football for that 30 minute spell when they were ahead, and actually managed to keep the ball, play in triangles and advance the play well at that time. For the rest of the game everything was "percentage" football, knocked long into channels for a chase and to capitalise on mistakes - of which there were 2 IMO leading up to their goal, Higginbotham narrowly failed to cut out the cross and Conrad dithered in the box. Please, don't let us adopt that "style" of football ever again

I spent ten years thinking how boring it would be to get in the top league. Happy to state I am categorically WRONG! Today was so, so exciting. We played football and them off the park. Couldn't believe we lost a goal and then natural justice - crashed two home in style. Lovely feeling to be in the Bull after the game and hearing the Buddies talking about the players we've got that they'd like to have - even Erskine! And just by the way, WHO is Gary Harkins?

• Like 1

I spent ten years thinking how boring it would be to get in the top league. Happy to state I am categorically WRONG! Today was so, so exciting. We played football and them off the park. Couldn't believe we lost a goal and then natural justice - crashed two home in style. Lovely feeling to be in the Bull after the game and hearing the Buddies talking about the players we've got that they'd like to have - even Erskine! And just by the way, WHO is Gary Harkins?

Seriously didn't know he was playing until I seen him being subbed lol !

Where has all his hair gone ?

Edited by Jaggy1967

Superb result but shouldn't mask the fact that until Higginbotham scored that belter we were never going to score. A 1-0 defeat and the forum would be in meltdown. Is there anything more frustrating that ripping the arse out of teams without scoring??

We were making lots of chances and getting closer, making their keeper busy. Hardly "never going to score" (remember, "we score when we want....") but I agree it was frustrating, especially when Baird missed from that gift from the StM defence. Keep the faith and get behind them: these players only come on stronger during the game.

• Like 1

Superb result but shouldn't mask the fact that until Higginbotham scored that belter we were never going to score. A 1-0 defeat and the forum would be in meltdown. Is there anything more frustrating that ripping the arse out of teams without scoring??

Sorry, I'm struggling to find the sense in that statement.. The fact is that we did score - twice.

Had we not I don't think the forum would have been in 'meltdown', more like frustrated as you mention.

This team is superb. I love watching them. I honestly can't remember singing the praises of a Thistle team's flowing football like this in my life. Yes, we make the odd mistake and the odd pass goes astray but give me this attacking football any day. So proud of this great young team.

We are Thistle, We are Thistle, We are, We are.

• Like 4

Well what a game that was. Totally bossed it and overran their midfield all afternoon. Special mention for Osborne who I thought was fantastic today, so composed when chasing the ball down and composed on the ball. I've noticed he doesn't give many silly fouls away too.

My only gripe is with John Baird. Although we won today his failure to convert one of the many chances that fell his way, could have cost is big time and we looked a different team when he went off.

Think Forbes has surely staked his claim for a starting place, he brings us that extra something going forward. Agree with the earlier post about giving big gabby a chance as I think a wee spell on the bench might do Conrad the world of good.

Amazing feeling to comeback and win that today, justice prevailed and yet another wonderful travelling support and a nice touch from the saints fans applauding us. Oh an how p*** is Gary Harkins these days lol

Three cleared off the line, decent penalty shout in first half, a couple of good saves, and we were never going to score? We scored two, doesn't matter when they come, what more do you want? There's nothing being masked here. If we hadn't scored it would mask the fact that we dominated from start to finish and made a load of good chances.

I was one of the folk shouting for Baird to replace Doolan but I think now that its either Doolan alone or both playing. Baird gives effort and is niggly but Doolan was superb after coming on.

Thought craigen had an off day but bannigan was brilliant. Osbourne did ok but looks a bit slow releasing the ball. ATS has been fantastic the last two spfl games and is causing all sort of problems.

Ps 4 mins injury time? Only injury was McLean and that was a minute trying to avoid a booking!!!

Fantastic day and atmosphere was Amazing. Well done thistle and the fans.

Edited by kennymac29
  • Like 1

Apart from not taking opportunities from open play, it's a bit of a concern that not one of 11 corners looked as if it would end in a goal. These are usually the opportunities for Conrad and Aero, but they have also seemed a little hesitant at the back. That may be down to knowing what some of the referees are like, though; under normal circumstances, if a game is dominated by one side, you expect more fouls to be committed by the side under the cosh, yet according to Willie Collum (dis)honours were even! :o

I was one of the folk shouting for Baird to replace Doolan but I think now that its either Doolan alone or both playing. Baird gives effort and is niggly but Doolan was superb after coming on.

Thought craigen had an off day but bannigan was brilliant. Osbourne did ok but looks a bit slow releasing the ball. ATS has been brilliant the last two spfl games and is causing all sort of problems.

Ps 4 mins injury time? Only injury was McLean and that was a minute trying to avoid a booking!!!

Fantastic day and atmosphere was brilliant. Well done thistle and the fans.

Agree with the first part but thought craigan had a good game and osbounre would have been my motm after higgy! He cover a lot of ground and shut down their players as soon as the got the ball. Bannigan was unplayed in the first half also, they couldn't cope with him.

It would have been a travesty if we would have lost this game.I hope the result and performance gives the team confidence,I noticed when we scored the equaliser that one of our players ran into the net to get the ball as we did against Airdrie last season.So we were obviously not settling for a draw.What a support as well.Great day.

Edited by Auld Jag

Agree with the first part but thought craigan had a good game and osbounre would have been my motm after higgy! He cover a lot of ground and shut down their players as soon as the got the ball. Bannigan was unplayed in the first half also, they couldn't cope with him.

I think craigan has been much improved this year but today there was a few passes amiss and right across the park. Maybe a change in expectation on my part as now he's now the first name in my midfield I expect perfection!! I think Osborne is 70 percent fit ( maybe a factor) but I'd prefer welsh in there.

Definitely stepped it up in the last 20 minutes & deserved what we got.

Substitutions helped change the game in our favour at that point though we should've been out of sight by HT.

Fox will be disappointed he let their goal in but the defence culpable in that cross should've been shut down & centre halves not close enough to McLean.

Other complaint for me today was Lawless. Don't know how often today he had a chance to either take his man on & get a ball across or make a run it behind but he was laying it off & hanging back.

We did look unplayable at times 1st half until final ball. Not sure for all possession & corners that their keeper had to make a save.

A striker by 11pm would be brilliant as is really the missing piece in this squad.

• Like 1

It would have been a travesty if we would have lost this game.I hope the result and performance gives the team confidence,I noticed when we scored the equaliser that one of our players ran into the net to get the ball as we did against Airdrie last season.So we were obviously not settling for a draw.What a support as well.Great day.

Today was so like that day!

First away match for 4 years ! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Our possession was tremendous - although sometimes players pass the ball just for the sake of passing it without making any attempt to really open up the defence for shooting opportunities. So frustrating! Baird does well enough but at this level we need a player with more instinct to strike at goal. Was glad to see him subbed after his appalling miss early in the second half although I applauded him as he left the scene. This is the best Jags team I have seen for 40years - let's enjoy. .... and I'll not wait 4 years for my next visit to an away fixture !!