Nfl Season 13/14 Thread

mrD

Big 9ers fan as well, going to be a bit of a struggle with no Crabtree but Boldin stepped up last night. Although I must admit I fell asleep during the 4th quarter.

Kansas City to do well for the first time in living memory with Alex Smith at the helm.

I'd almost forgotten what post-NFL Monday mornings were like, they still suck.

The NFL is the best league in the world of any sport. Superb parity and every single team has a chance to build a winner. Give me it over the tedious and uncompetitve Premiership and top football leagues anyday.

Always liked the dolphins,about time they done something.

They only beat the Browns. They'll be mediocre again despite the big free-agency spending.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Interested to see how RG III's knee is and how Chip Kelly's offense translates to the NFL.

• Like 1

i think american football is for 'brighton season ticket holders' who are too much of a 'book reader' to play rugby without a crash helmet and body armour. Get a room, u big tarts

American Football is a far quicker paced and more violent game, but you're too ignorant to realise that, thats okay.

• Like 1

American Football is a far quicker paced and more violent game, but you're too ignorant to realise that, thats okay.

Quicker paced? it's the slowest sport on the planet. stop start, stop start, repeat 1 million times. and more violent? not at all. they all wear body armour under their blouses. n under their crash helmets some of them wear black eye liner. I've saw it. whats that all about?

Can't wait to see the Seahawks systematically take the 49s apart on Monday 1.30am :)

have to say i know **** all about american football. am trying to teach myself via madden 98 on the megadrive about tactics and stuff. I understand that there is a big rivarly between the seahawks and 49s.. whats all that about?

Edited by mrD

Quicker paced? it's the slowest sport on the planet. stop start, stop start, repeat 1 million times. and more violent? not at all. they all wear body armour under their blouses. n under their crash helmets some of them wear black eye liner. I've saw it. whats that all about?

The players use black paint is used to block out excessive light, but as I expected, using google is a bit too advanced a task for you.

Can't wait to see the Seahawks systematically take the 49s apart on Monday 1.30am :)

have to say i know **** all about american football. am trying to teach myself via madden 98 on the megadrive about tactics and stuff. I understand that there is a big rivarly between the seahawks and 49s.. whats all that about?

They are in the same division, rivalries within the division creep up depending on who is good, just now it's the 9ers and the Seahawks. The 9ers have 5 Superbowls, two fo the best QBs of all times, the greatest receiver of all time and were the dominant force in the league for a decade. The Seahawks have a loud crowd :rolleyes:

It's been the Rams in the past, they've also had historic rivalries with the Broncos, Bungles, Cowboys and Giants.

Not so many local rivalries just because of the geography of the country and also because geography often has little bearing on divisions. The Giants and Jets are in different conferences despite playing in New Jersey, same goes for the 9ers and Raiders despite playing across the water from each other or the Ravens and Skins who are real close but again hardly play one another.

The 9ers will get back to winning ways tonight, been schooled 2 weeks in a row now, hopefully avoid the score and watch it after work tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The players use black paint is used to block out excessive light, but as I expected, using google is a bit too advanced a task for you.

and why did someone put up a video of a guy wae eyeliner on and little bo peep ringlets expecting it to change my opinion that they are all big tarts?! It's had the opposite effect. Added to my argument and evidence actually

• 4 weeks later...

They are in the same division, rivalries within the division creep up depending on who is good, just now it's the 9ers and the Seahawks. The 9ers have 5 Superbowls, two fo the best QBs of all times, the greatest receiver of all time and were the dominant force in the league for a decade. The Seahawks have a loud crowd :rolleyes:

It's been the Rams in the past, they've also had historic rivalries with the Broncos, Bungles, Cowboys and Giants.

Not so many local rivalries just because of the geography of the country and also because geography often has little bearing on divisions. The Giants and Jets are in different conferences despite playing in New Jersey, same goes for the 9ers and Raiders despite playing across the water from each other or the Ravens and Skins who are real close but again hardly play one another.

The 9ers will get back to winning ways tonight, been schooled 2 weeks in a row now, hopefully avoid the score and watch it after work tomorrow.

haha. didn't see this post - well who at the moment is top with 7-1 :P speaking of the 49es I watched half of their game in london against the jaguars. It was quite scary how easy the 49ers worked through their defence considering the problems they've got at the moment with their wide recievers. The amount of yards the 49ers covered in single plays was pretty immense. A lot of those plays were pass and run plays as opposed to rushes and yet the 49ers apparently are more of a rushing team than pass and run team.. So was them being so good against the jaguars defence down to the 49ers being so good or is it down to the jaguars being so shit? Why are the jaguars so shit? I'd've thought that with the draft system and all that that there wouldnt be such a divergence of quality..

There has been a lot of rumours about how NFL is going to bring a franchise to london and having jaguars as the "home team" for the international series seems to be a sweetener about getting UK audience to identify with them since the franchise is apparently weak where it is situated just now. At that game, most of the fans where on the 49er side by virtue i guess with being american football fans in the 80s and seeing one of the best teams ever playing. I think in american football (feel free to correct me if im wrong) that people are ok with identfying with one local franchise and then another if it moves or is wound up. But i think in the UK the kinda supporter culture associated with soccer where one sticks with their team no matter what might be problematic for people to switch from their pre london franchise team to the london franchise team should it come into being. If that be the case wonder how the NFL are going to handle that in order to extend american football this side of the atlantic?

Im already stuck with the seahawks it seems!