North Stand Demonstration

potty trained

Whilst i wasn't at the game last night, i believe there was a demonstration in the North Stand, 12 minutes into the 1st and 2nd halves. with regards to the club moving the singing section out of the North Stand to make way for Celtic fans.

i think there was two banners, one with "keep the north stand red and yellow" and one with "beattie listen to the fans".

From what i have been told, it seems the BT Sport team were well versed on what the demo was about and the cameras focussed in on the banners, which is great.

However i've been told that David Beattie told the stewards in the second half, to get specifically, the one with his name on it taken down (too little too late).

Thought that the point was made pretty well. The truth is that the club haven't been totally honest about why this decision was made, and they haven't even been totally honest about the structure of the main stand. Also, promises of fan consultation never materialised which is another reason why it was necessary to make the point last night.

• Like 1

Whilst i wasn't at the game last night, i believe there was a demonstration in the North Stand, 12 minutes into the 1st and 2nd halves. with regards to the club moving the singing section out of the North Stand to make way for Celtic fans.

i think there was two banners, one with "keep the north stand red and yellow" and one with "beattie listen to the fans".

From what i have been told, it seems the BT Sport team were well versed on what the demo was about and the cameras focussed in on the banners, which is great.

However i've been told that David Beattie told the stewards in the second half, to get specifically, the one with his name on it taken down (too little too late).

while having no reason to disbelieve you, i heard a steward tell another fan when they asked why the stewards started confronting the supporters with the banners in the second half, that it was a police control order to remove the banners.

whether police or beattie, it was wrong call.

first, if it was a police control instruction, then that in itself is out of order. the banners were not abusive or derogatory. the police (or stewards) don't remove similar unoffensive banners at another spfl ground in glasgow, so why at firhill?

second, if it was as you claim, actually a direct order from beattie for the banners to be removed, then that is a serious and unjustified abuse of his power and position.

Thought that the point was made pretty well. The truth is that the club haven't been totally honest about why this decision was made, and they haven't even been totally honest about the structure of the main stand. Also, promises of fan consultation never materialised which is another reason why it was necessary to make the point last night.

therein lies the greater problem.

at no point has the club or beattie been open or honest or engaged with the supporters in dialogue. instead it's been whispers and half baked excuses with complete lack of proper justification and proof of alleged police and council stipulations.

beattie (and rest of directors) have been doing a decent job in some aspects of running the club, managing it within its means, and reducing debt (the latest good news story being the weir thistle academy). but for every good news story, there is a bad news story which higlights their missed opportunities of income or improving fan/directors relationships and goodwill between them.

if potty trained is correct in his information, it shows david beattie to be a very egotistical selfserving individual, who doesn't like being embarrassed and shamed while playing the big i am chairman at firhill, and is more interested in his image and quest to get a position with the blazers, than building bridges and strong bonds with the thistle support.

while handing over the NS to the green arse brigade may bring in a extra 20k (assuming 2000 of their mob to 1000 jags), the cost/lost goodwill to the club could have a bigger impact longterm, from speaking with many fellow jags.

at the end of last season, the players displayed banners thanking the thistle support for being the 12th man.

last night the 12th man made their feelings perfectly clear to beattie, the club, and the tv wider audience.

for all these reasons laid out in my post here, i urge david beattie to listen to the fans, and keep the north stand red and yellow.

it's not too late beattie. show some humility. show some solidarity with the jags support. show us you are one of us.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 3

I think it might have been too late. I was on the phone with the club earlier in the day asking about tickets for the Celtic game. The wee lass that answered said that, there was a meeting taking place right now and to check the website later in the week for details.

I think it might have been too late. I was on the phone with the club earlier in the day asking about tickets for the Celtic game. The wee lass that answered said that, there was a meeting taking place right now and to check the website later in the week for details.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/october_2013/celtic_ticket_information

No mention of particular stands...

while handing over the NS to the green arse brigade may bring in a extra 20k (assuming 2000 of their mob to 1000 jags)

Will it though? From what i understand Thistle fans are just being moved from the North to the Main, so the amount of tickets available to Celtic is the same as it would have been if we had remained in the North and the Main had been reserved for them.

I received an email yesterday telling me to phone or email the club to get my seat moved to either JHS or the main stand for the Celtic game

Now I haven't memorized the seating plans in both these stands. So I phoned and asked do you have a seating plan for me to have a look to see where I can sit. Of course they don't.

Instead of me picking a seat like the email suggested she will pick me a seat somewhere in the main stand and I will receive a ticket shortly.

So do doubt I will be watching the Celtic game through a bloody pole.

Furious. If your going to move us fine. But be prepared. How hard is it to make a seating plan?

She couldn't even tell me how many rows or seat numbers were in the main stand. Absolutely useless.

If the club sold season tickets to miss the Celtic games I would be up for that.

Edited by little_miss_jag

I received an email yesterday telling me to phone or email the club to get my seat moved to either JHS or the main stand for the Celtic game

Now I haven't memorized the seating plans in both these stands. So I phoned and asked do you have a seating plan for me to have a look to see where I can sit. Of course they don't.

Instead of me picking a seat like the email suggested she will pick me a seat somewhere in the main stand and I will receive a ticket shortly.

So do doubt I will be watching the Celtic game through a bloody pole.

Furious. If your going to move us fine. But be prepared. How hard is it to make a seating plan?

She couldn't even tell me seat numbers in the main stand. Absolutely useless.

If the club sold season tickets to miss the Celtic games I would be up for that.

Will be interesting to see how they contact the people who use the North Stand but have their seat in the JHS.

I take it they'll assume they will just sit in the JHS, rather than be with the test of the singing section in the main stand.

This is just another shambles waiting to happen.

Will be interesting to see how they contact the people who use the North Stand but have their seat in the JHS.

I take it they'll assume they will just sit in the JHS, rather than be with the test of the singing section in the main stand.

This is just another shambles waiting to happen.

I presume that is the plan. If your season ticket is in the JHS for an all ticket game (which Celtci is) that is where you need to sit.

But where is the communication to make that clear?

I am just annoyed that I can't pick me seat and that she really didn't seem to care that her email was a pile of crap.

She would have been better emailing saying if your season ticket is for the north stand you will be issued a main stand ticket for the celtic game. That is what is actually happening.

Edited by little_miss_jag

You would think they would look at the north stand seating plan.

Mirror it onto the main stand seating plan. Allocate seats as per the NS plan and put a note on the website saying, this is what we have done.

We are aware there are empty seats in the main stand plan, probably taken up by JHS season ticket holders in a normal Saturday.

If you feel you fall into this unallocated catagory, as you are a JHS season ticket holder, please contact the club and we will give you a seat which corresponds with where you stand in the north stand.

To be fair they've done a good job by bumping it to £25 and giving home fans a 5er off the next home game.

ETA - I take it the same unofficial 'allocated seats mean naff all' policy is being adopted for the Celtic game in the Main Stand?

Edited by uberteeb

I know that some people feel strongly about this, but in cold reality, Sellick fans have a habit of bringing pyrotechnics to games and we have a wooden stand. For the sake of one game (or maybe two when we finish in top six) is it really that bad to ask PTFC fans to move? We can still sing wherever we are in the ground.Would anyone really want to risk the stand being burnt down resulting in multiple casualties and fatalities?

To be fair they've done a good job by bumping it to £25 and giving home fans a 5er off the next home game.

ETA - I take it the same unofficial 'allocated seats mean naff all' policy is being adopted for the Celtic game in the Main Stand?

I disagree with the tactic of increasing the price for this game. We should charge what we charge for other league games.

• Like 3

I know that some people feel strongly about this, but in cold reality, Sellick fans have a habit of bringing pyrotechnics to games and we have a wooden stand. For the sake of one game (or maybe two when we finish in top six) is it really that bad to ask PTFC fans to move? We can still sing wherever we are in the ground.Would anyone really want to risk the stand being burnt down resulting in multiple casualties and fatalities?

Ah the fear of death post, always pulls at the heart strings...

Just to clarify, We dont have a wooden stand.

They have a habit of doing it?

List over the last 12 months, how many incidents there have been in scotland which involved Celtic letting off flares at league or cup games.

I don't have the time to research it, merely comments from supporters of other teams who have witnessed it. Do you know how many incidents there have been (reported in media or not?). Are you saying there isn't an inkling of a chance? Nice also to see your disregard for potential loss of life.

I disagree with the tactic of increasing the price for this game. We should charge what we charge for other league games.

Disagree David. IMO, it increases the revenue for the club and home supporters don't lose out as they get their fiver back at a future home game. Also gets some decent cash out of the glory-hunters who only come out for the so-called glamour games. Couldn't care less about the away fans, as we will undoubtedly get fleeced when visiting there.

I don't have the time to research it, merely comments from supporters of other teams who have witnessed it. Do you know how many incidents there have been (reported in media or not?). Are you saying there isn't an inkling of a chance? Nice also to see your disregard for potential loss of life.

But again we are moving the problem not stopping it with the flares, they will still bring them, still launch them, may even land in the main stand, but this time it will be our fans instead of theirs that will be in the timber structure.

And if the green brigade can't get tickets for the Celtic end what is to stop them waalking up and buying them for the main stand

This is actually putting the risk at our fans now

If you are basing it on comments from supporters of other teams who have witnessed it... can you list who these teams are?

ok, lets slim it down.... how many incidents have there been since the youth cup game... involving celtic fans?

I'm asking you to provide figures, as you are the one making sweeping generalisations. i haven't made any statement on how many incidents there have been.

Edited by potty trained

If you are basing it on comments from supporters of other teams who have witnessed it... can you list who these teams are?

ok, lets slim it down.... how many incidents have there been since the youth cup game... involving celtic fans?

I'm asking you to provide figures, as you are the one making sweeping generalisations. i haven't made any statement on how many incidents there have been.

Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts, a pre-season game in England and a Champions League game at Parkhead (Cliftonville was it?) are the ones that spring to mind.