North Stand Demonstration

potty trained

whatever peoples view are on this, we all need to support team - banners, protests, etc wont help the team and right now we need every bit of support possible (even if it means sitting in the main stand for one game) until we get back to winning ways.

also, lets hope there are no smart arses that think we should be setting off smoke bombs / flares in the main stand just to prove a point - if so they should be given life bans from the club

OK so we blindly support the club and never question those who are running it?

Speak to fans of rangers, hearts and Dunfermline - ask how it worked out for them.

• Like 1

OK so we blindly support the club and never question those who are running it?

Speak to fans of rangers, hearts and Dunfermline - ask how it worked out for them.

ironiacally, an ex player told me he couldn't believe the clubs decision and that the players will be gutted as they love the atmosphere created in the North Stand.

a smoke bomb isn't likely to start any fires, as they don't produce a flame, whereas a flare does, and depending on type can burn at over a thousand degrees. that's a fire hazard.

I take your point but a smoke bomb goes off in a stand that is commonly believed to be timber framed. You're in the stand or just returning to the stand and don't know it is this "harmless" smoke bomb. I'd say there's potential for confusion, distress or at worse panic.

Ok so you are guessing what the clubs Duty Of Care involved.

First of all you said the banner slates David Beattie, and the fans parading the banner was a bigger pity, than the fans being moved.

Now the wording infers David Beattie sees the fans as an itrelevance.

Just to clarify... The wording is: Beattie, Listen To The Fans.

How will he ever recover!

Actually it was Mr Beattie Listen To The Fans.

Mind your manners and all that :thumbsup2:

There has been suggestions on here that moving the Thistle fans out of the North stand for the Celtic game is only being done to maximise income.

Surely having the Thistle fans in the North stand at all other games is costing the club money?

Based on the assumption that as very few games will attract a crowd bigger than the capacity of the JHS and the North stand, the costs in stewarding / police etc for three stands must be more than having away fans in the North stand and home fans in the JHS.

There has been suggestions on here that moving the Thistle fans out of the North stand for the Celtic game is only being done to maximise income.

Surely having the Thistle fans in the North stand at all other games is costing the club money?

Based on the assumption that as very few games will attract a crowd bigger than the capacity of the JHS and the North stand, the costs in stewarding / police etc for three stands must be more than having away fans in the North stand and home fans in the JHS.

Not true.

We raised this concern when the idea of moving jags fans to the NS was first mooted around March/April 2012 and were told that the arrangement wouldn't cost the club any more money.

how do you mean?

When asked previously about ST holders moving from the JHS to the north stand you said: I intend to.

You also said in July last year...

i plan on moving over, but i doubt it'll be in place on saturday, as the club will want to make as many seats available to visiting (read: Celtic) fans as possible.

That would lead to a potential attendance of 15,000.

But sadly, this is no longer possible at Firhill. We are consigned to being a wee club with wee attendances for ever more, it would seem.

That's great. Then we are a wee team in a nation of wee teams, seeing as only three clubs in the entire country get average attendances of over 15,000. Never mind we have the SIXTH highest average attendance so far this season, keep on thinking it's the board's fault that Scottish football has been in decline for, ooh, thirty or forty years.

Loving this thread, keep it up.

Apologies if i've missed it in previous replies to this thread and on the previous threads when this was first mooted a while ago however fao those who have been particularly vocal on here about this issue (Ian Mac and Potty Trained) - why is it you think the club have made this decision.

First time I’ve chimed in on this, but I’m really disappointed with the decision.

I’ve been in the North Stand since the start of last season, and it was paramount to the success of the team last season.

The atmosphere from Jags fans during difficult games will spur them on, and I’m sorry, but it’s completely impossible to get any atmosphere going whatsoever in the Jackie Husband Stand. It’s a morgue, and I’m not in any way suggesting that people should be made to sing and chant, but it is a slap in the face to those who have been doing so in the North Stand.

I’m absolutely positive that in no way did Strathclyde’s finest make it imperative that Celtic fans don’t sit in a partly wooden stand. If Celtic fans cannot be trusted to attend a game in a safe and responsible manner, we should not be allowing them into Firhill. This is also from a bunch of fans who ripped the seats out at Firhill last season, a crime to which I’ve heard no public apology from Celtic, nor its supporters groups.

If this is a way for the club to make a quick buck, just be blunt and honest about it, but don’t peddle the fact that you’re doing this in the interest of safety. It’s such a cliché now that good, loyal and vocal supporters are routinely shafted by their club board to accommodate the Old Firm. And I hate being too critical of Mr. Beattie, as I feel his stewardship has been instrumental in the financial stability that the club finds itself in, but do not risk alienating home fans for an entire season, at the expense of turning a quick buck from the two Celtic games this season.

• Like 1

There are plenty of home fans who are not alienated by this decision.....there are however quite a few who may feel alienated by a group of fans who have repeatedly throughout this thread claimed to be the most positive and, by implication, better than many other fans who either don't feel such an attachment to the North Stand or are happy to sit elsewhere in the stadium. I've sang at the football, i've shouted encouragement, i've supported the team.....i just happen to do it elsewhere in the ground.

There are plenty of home fans who are not alienated by this decision.....there are however quite a few who may feel alienated by a group of fans who have repeatedly throughout this thread claimed to be the most positive and, by implication, better than many other fans who either don't feel such an attachment to the North Stand or are happy to sit elsewhere in the stadium. I've sang at the football, i've shouted encouragement, i've supported the team.....i just happen to do it elsewhere in the ground.

A group of fans have repeatedly throughout this thread, claimed to be the most positive and better fans than others?

List them.

There are plenty of home fans who are not alienated by this decision

Aye, just those punted out of the north stand, sections of the JH, those forced to sit in a certain seat away from pals or family and anyone with some sort of dignity angry that we are turning this into a home game and a jolly knees up for that mhanky mob who cannae behave themselves.

My old man doesn't have a season ticket, he works away often and works a few weekends. He bought me a ST for my birthday during the summer, but I never use my seat since theres none spare around which means we can't sit together there. Cheers Thistle for ******* that one up too. That after three lots of problems with my season ticket over the course of the season far. I most certainly won't be renewing next year regardless of how good the current team could do.

Edited by MWM

Apologies if i've missed it in previous replies to this thread and on the previous threads when this was first mooted a while ago however fao those who have been particularly vocal on here about this issue (Ian Mac and Potty Trained) - why is it you think the club have made this decision.

Because if the Celtic fans had been kept in the main stand, we wouldn't have been allowed to put them in the JHS. Due to them being split by north stand fans.

Putting them in the north stand allows them to be in the north of the JHS and therefore sell more than 2600 away tickets.

Don't have time to read the whole thread however posts 45 and to a lesser extent post 49 do kind of imply it...in my opinion.

Can i also ask about a post that Ian Mac (i think) made early in the thread where he questioned whether the club were just going to make the assumption that those individuals who had a season ticket for the JHS however normally chose to sit in the North Stand would just take up their seat in the JHS for this game. Further implying that it would be a shambles if they did. Why on earth would the club think any differently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have time to read the whole thread however posts 45 and to a lesser extent post 49 do kind of imply it...in my opinion.

Can i also ask about a post that Ian Mac (i think) made early in the thread where he questioned whether the club were just going to make the assumption that those individuals who had a season ticket for the JHS however normally chose to sit in the North Stand would just take up their seat in the JHS for this game. Further implying that it would be a shambles if they did. Why on earth would the club think any differently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because those of us who bought a JHS ticket but use the north stand were told at the time that we would be in the main stand for the Celtic game.

So... Do I turn up for the Celtic game and use my ticket at the gate of the main stand? Where do I sit?

Post 45 & 49? They are from the same person. That's not a group!

Edited by potty trained

MWM, what do you expect the club to do if for example you have a single season ticket for a seat with other season tickets all around you. Then for a particular match which may be a sell out you want to bring along family / friends who are not season ticket holders. Do you honestly expect the club to come up with some kind of system that allows you to sit together??

PT, who told you this? and you ignored the first part of my post responding to your question. You may disagree however it is only an opinion!

I've edited my post. You stated a group. Then when asked to list this group... You come up with one person.

The staff in the office were telling us this. When the club decided the right way to approach telling the north stand fans, they would be moved, was not via an official statement, not through consultation with OneThistle. But by half arsed, conflicting, word of mouth, when folk were in the office buying their season ticket.