Taylor-Sinclair

marco77

Strange that ATS has never represented Scotland at any level. Left sided players with pace and a touch of skill are rare enough. He also played a substantial number of first team games for Montrose and Thistle before reaching 21, something that Wotte advocates tirelessly (or tiresomely if you follow him on Twitter). Is it another case of the SFA walking the walk but only watching and selecting from the establishment.

Going off on a tangent. I love Mark Wotte. Our game is so far behind we need a constant mantra to keep us going in the right direction.

Going off on a tangent. I love Mark Wotte. Our game is so far behind we need a constant mantra to keep us going in the right direction.

No.

Off at a tangent but can't agree. This is a guy who was telling Thistle fans on Twitter last year when Bannigan & O'donnell (to name 2) weren't being considered for the Scotland u21s because they had t been playing at a high enough level. His considered opinion was that the SPL u20 league was a higher level than than SFL1.

Saw a comment the other week from him after the Hibs game at Firhill telling all & sundry that it was a victory for keeping a manager in a job & he will eventually turn it around. I think more. Hibs than. Thistle fans jumped down his throat then he admitted he hadn't even watched the game.

Don't expect the performance director to watch every game but don't comment on things you know nothing about.

For a player with the potential that ATS has then I'd put a much higher value on him than 100k, gone are the days of the meat market !! Players were bought and sold for a realistic value without smaller clubs losing out on much needed revenue from those sales , no wonder football , particularly here is going downhill !!

You're right, but if it's a question of something now (January) or nothing at all (May), then there might be little option. If we had him on a 2- or 3-year contract, then definitely considerably more than 100K.

We've been very lucky in the left back area in recent years. Starting with Twaddle, we've lost good players there but went on and replaced them with even better. It would be some doing finding an improvement on ATS though considering we're now in the top flight and also considering the type of player he is with his energy and ability to cover the full length of that side of the pitch. Maybe it's time we ought to think about implementing that structured scouting network that Archibald said we didn't have in the summer in order to increase our knowledge of the pool of players available to us.

No compensation either since he's 23 in April according to the article.

Oh well.

Pretty much in line with what I was saying earlier in the thread.

Hopefully ATS will sign a pre-contract with someone before the season ends so we might be due something. But I would assume any club that Is interested would want to hold off till after the season ends to avoid a payment.

Pretty much in line with what I was saying earlier in the thread.

Hopefully ATS will sign a pre-contract with someone before the season ends so we might be due something. But I would assume any club that Is interested would want to hold off till after the season ends to avoid a payment.

Yes, but maybe if there are more than two clubs interested, one of them will offer a pre-contract.

as soon as we're safe, we shid drop him n play someone who will be here next season. Develop a youth player or play mcmillan.

I partly agree... if we have someone who can match Sincy or comes very close to his form and standard.

However, we should always play our strongest team, regardless of pre-contracts, until there is nothing left to play for - which is probably going to be last game of the season as every position in the Premiership counts for cash. This is based on the assumption that players still give us 100% in matches.

Edited by mhs

ATS could be taking a risk by not signing a new contract. He could get an injury that keeps other clubs from coming in for him or he could lose form. I would have thought that his agent is doing him a disservice. If he is concerned that a "bigger" team won't come in for him because they can't afford a modest transfer fee, then maybe that team isn't "bigger".

Surely it is better to have the security of a contract, than hoping someone will come in for you ?

ATS could be taking a risk by not signing a new contract. He could get an injury that keeps other clubs from coming in for him or he could lose form. I would have thought that his agent is doing him a disservice. If he is concerned that a "bigger" team won't come in for him because they can't afford a modest transfer fee, then maybe that team isn't "bigger".

Surely it is better to have the security of a contract, than hoping someone will come in for you ?

Is it too far-fetched to surmise that some kind of specific interest has already been conveyed from a club to an agent.

It would be good if a player opted for security rather than hope of an offer, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit more than just hope in this case.

Is it too far-fetched to surmise that some kind of specific interest has already been conveyed from a club to an agent.

It would be good if a player opted for security rather than hope of an offer, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit more than just hope in this case.

Is that not tapping?