Planning Visits

Wiltshire Jag

Normally around this time I'm planning my trips up from deepest Wiltshire with an overnight on Saturdays for February and April. Firstly Easyjet throw a spanner in the works by changing the Saturday take-off from Bristol from 7:00am to nearly noon in Feb (so little pub time and no allowance for delays) or 1:30pm in April, so need to fly in to Edinburgh and now I can't get the best deals because I have to hold off booking because of the televising and of course the split. Don't think my 10 year-old Punto would cope with the trip anymore!

Anyone any ideas when the next lot of TV schedules are going to be announced?

Perhaps it's the 58 year-old occupant that's not up to it, really! Since the advent of Go/Easyjet flights out of Bristol, the last time I drove up was 2002. Just glad I didn't make plans to go and visit my cousin in Aberdeen this weekend as talked about when the fixtures were announced.

I can accept most Sunday kickoffs, early/late ones on a Saturday, but the switch to Fridays and Mondays from the weekend fixtures is a pain. But Sundays at 12:30 in Inverness was an effin joke.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...