Aberdeen V Partick Thistle, Monday 4 November

jagfox

Bit early for team news and the like, but to kick things off is anyone going to this match?

I've taken a holiday but I am struggling to motivate myself to nip up to Firhill for a ticket then book a seat on one of the Supporters' clubs buses.

I'm thinking a Thistle minded pub such as the Brass Monkey may be a more welcolming place for viewing.

Then again the players and management deserve all the support possible.

Decisions, decisions.

Train up, staying the night and then train back for us.

That's my plan, to be cunningly proposed to Jaggernautess this evening as a nice one-day break from the daily strife and bustle of life in central belt. But dunno yet how to break the "See you later; I'm off to the game" part yet if it works......

Aberdeen have only conceded one goal at home so far. Stats like that are waiting to be broken! Got a good feeling but that's more because we do well when I can't see us getting anything.

I think we have a chance - just look at our recent result against Inverness.

For all that we were poor when they came to Firhill a few weeks ago, Aberdeen certainly didn't play us off the park.

Edited by Guy Incognito

I remember going up there midweek about 20 years ago. Leigh Palin (who had allegedly been tipped as the next big thing when at Notts Forest but in fact was rank and never even registered a game with them) played for us and was useless with the exception of a few fancy touches as we lost 2-0. A hell of a miserable ride home.

I'm sure there was a very paltry turn-out of Thistle fans even then and the game was definitely NOT televised live. Ultras only on Monday night..... I will salute them (most likely) from the environs of the Brass Monkey. Shame that the players will have so few supporters. They deserve more.

Tv does not seem to take locations into the equation. alright down south but up here less people.

sunday morning we are in Inverness, out of bed at the break of dawn, monday night we are at Aberdeen,

back to bed at the break of dawn work suffers if we follow.

does not look good on tv.

I could quite easily sit in the comfort of my humble abode sipping my whisky with beer chaserand watch on tele, but I'll be there to give the lads my support, advantage of living in Stonehaven, although every home game is a mission !! Think we will do much better than the Firhill bashing we got , still think the defence were shell shocked at the sight of Zola ( his best game in a dons shirt according to mates at work !) Anyway , we're playing well , the football team !! C'mon the Jags !!

Tv does not seem to take locations into the equation. alright down south but up here less people.

sunday morning we are in Inverness, out of bed at the break of dawn, monday night we are at Aberdeen,

back to bed at the break of dawn work suffers if we follow.

does not look good on tv.

This is the bit that makes the least sense, Sky are so image conscious about how they present football yet don't mind showing quarter full grounds in the SPFL. Our home games will all have looked brilliant, the games at Inverness and Aberdeen have/will looked awful.