Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

So Dundee United were a 'negative' side under him, yeah? Frankly I couldn't care less how 'negatively' we were anyway, there's a very dangerous happy-clapping culture surrounding the fans at the moment, and this has the potential to totally destroy the opportunity we have of building a Partick Thistle side centring on top flight longevity a la St Johnstone / Motherwell / Inverness. As long as we can increase the size and profile of the club in the top flight over the foreseeable future, I'm more than happy to kick the pretty pattern pish into the dustbin of history.

But finishing 10th which is the goal will allow the club to keep developing and build for the future.

Alot of good things have happened recently with Thistle by getting into the top flight and the very positive things happening to the youth set up which the manager is very much part of.

These are the foundations being put down that will serve Thistle well in the future and are longterm plans and the style of football the manager wants to play at all age levels is the way forward. (IMO)

Thistle fans like most other fans are an impatient bunch and want everything now but hopefully the manager is given the time to see things through and can be part of what is hopefully an exciting future for the club.

Huge expectations from fans and maybe some getting a bit ahead of themselves but 10th place is enough and will let the club build for the following season.

Edited by billko
  • Like 1

Rather than just looking at the last 15 games, consider the fact that at the halfway stage of the season, we are safe, so if the 2nd half of the season goes the same way, then we'll be safe at the end.

Sure ... If you think we can get another 15 points but that doesn't look likely today

No.... We were as good as them but we didn't look as we could we could score and therefore win the game .... Oh and we didn't did we ?

How did we not look like we could score? I could see your point if we didn't create any chances. I think most of the time we got forward we looked like we could score. Not scoring and not looking like scoring are two completely different things. And we were much, much better than them. Not "as good". They had one shot on goal which trickled into fox's arms.

But finishing 10th which is the goal will allow the club to keep developing and build for the future.

Alot of things good things have happened recently with Thistle by getting into the top flight and the very positive things happening to the youth set up which the manager is very much part of.

These are the foundations being put down that will serve Thistle well in the future and are longterm plans and the style of football the manager wants to play at all age levels is the way forward. (IMO)

Thistle fans like most other fans are an impatient bunch and want everything now but hopefully the manager is given the time to see things through and can be part of what is hopefully an exciting future for the club.

Huge expectations from fans and maybe some getting a bit ahead of themselves but 10th place is enough and will let the club build for the following season.

No .... I just don't think we will finish 10th not in current/past form

No.... We were as good as them but we didn't look as we could we could score and therefore win the game .... Oh and we didn't did we ?

Your quote was "we dont look like winning" Well you must be about the only one I know that thinks we shouldnt have beaten ICT. We had guilt edged chances to win that game and were by far the better side

Your quote was "we dont look like winning" Well you must be about the only one I know that thinks we shouldnt have beaten ICT. We had guilt edged chances to win that game and were by far the better side

Sadly football is about actual results and we didn't win followed by today or maybe we should operate a parallel league where we win the games we thought we should have won. !

• Like 1

Genuinely not having a go javeajag, but if you'd said "on current form " after 5 or 6 matches this season then you'd be saying we're on form for Europe.

Form is subjective, you can go as far back as you want until you find the stat you need to support your argument. For me, I personally look at the points total, and league position. There's nothing from those two things that makes me think safety is unacheivable.

• Like 2

Genuinely not having a go javeajag, but if you'd said "on current form " after 5 or 6 matches this season then you'd be saying we're on form for Europe.

Form is subjective, you can go as far back as you want until you find the stat you need to support your argument. For me, I personally look at the points total, and league position. There's nothing from those two things that makes me think safety is unacheivable.

None taken .... I just think our results / points / performances are on a downward progression ie we are risking less and less points as the season progresses which if it continues we will struggle to be 10th plus Archie looks increasingly tactically very poor

Sadly football is about actual results and we didn't win followed by today or maybe we should operate a parallel league where we win the games we thought we should have won. !

What part of "your quote" do you not understand. You said "we dont look like winning" If you dont think we looked like or deseerved to win against ICT on Thursday you obviously need help. Every paper I read said we should have won, the two guys on Sportscene said it, ICT players and management said they were delighted to escape with a point. Cant be arsed. You are obviously at the wind up.

The manager lives or dies by his team selections and who he signs.

Kerr, Baird and Piccolo all useless in fact it is debateable wither they would cut it in the first division.

Craigen and Elliott out their depth possible subs nothing more

Bannigan a once promising career in the balance, skill and talent to go forward but no guts left

It’s not the twenty or thirty passes in the build up that win games it’s the ball in the opposition’s box and shots at goal is what matters. Mon Archie get the finger oot

What part of "your quote" do you not understand. You said "we dont look like winning" If you dont think we looked like or deseerved to win against ICT on Thursday you obviously need help. Every paper I read said we should have won, the two guys on Sportscene said it, ICT players and management said they were delighted to escape with a point. Cant be arsed. You are obviously at the wind up.

Ok we should have won

Except we can't put thd ball in tbd net so we drew

It's a long shot to say that we will gain the same number of points in the 2nd half of the season as the 1st. We will be doing well to get to 30 points.

FWIW I think Ross County will spend money in January and we will finish 11th.

Archie has only been a manager for less than 1 year. He is very naive as are the players.

Naive, panicky and just plain stupid - some of the reaction on this forum is even worse than our defending today.

We were turned over today by a team of experienced top League professionals whose experienced manager rightly described their performance as clinical. Their street-wise players defended sensibly and buried their chances. I'm not sure what some Thistle fans were expecting from this season - we have an inexperienced team and management and it was inevitable that we might take a few drubbings. We have played some decent football and not got the results we have deserved.

However, it is crucial that the management and players now show that they are capable of stepping up their game - signings in the transfer window and results in the games in January against the teams round about us in the League will be the time to make a proper judgement.

• Like 1

Naive, panicky and just plain stupid - some of the reaction on this forum is even worse than our defending today.

We were turned over today by a team of experienced top League professionals whose experienced manager rightly described their performance as clinical. Their street-wise players defended sensibly and buried their chances. I'm not sure what some Thistle fans were expecting from this season - we have an inexperienced team and management and it was inevitable that we might take a few drubbings. We have played some decent football and not got the results we have deserved.

However, it is crucial that the management and players now show that they are capable of stepping up their game - signings in the transfer window and results in the games in January against the teams round about us in the League will be the time to make a proper judgement.

I think we were expecting to find it hard with a 10th finish a good outcome .... So no top six, no European football etc etc

We have played 18 games and have 15 points with most points coming in the first 9 games

If we continued as we are we will struggle to make 10th