Killie Game

mhs

I've just watched the highlights. What on earth is Balatoni doing pushing forward going for the header like that with Muirhead already there? It left Taylor-Sinclair alone with the striker with no choice but to bring him down. I've seen it so many times this season, the positioning and decision-making of the central defenders is terrible.

Disappointing to see the lack of effort in getting the rebound from the penalty as well.

I've just watched the highlights. What on earth is Balatoni doing pushing forward going for the header like that with Muirhead already there? It left Taylor-Sinclair alone with the striker with no choice but to bring him down. I've seen it so many times this season, the positioning and decision-making of the central defenders is terrible.

Disappointing to see the lack of effort in getting the rebound from the penalty as well.

that was criminal. as bad as conrad stepping out with aero already there, and putting ats in that position of having to barge into gros was, gallacher cancelled that out by saving the penalty ..... if certain players had been switched on and not sulking and expecting the penalty kick to go in, and ran in as soon as ball was struck, one of them would probably have managed to have got a boot on the save and put out for a corner. gallacher did his job, other players didn't and it cost us dear. schoolboy error i hope is never repeated.

Just watched the highlights for the first time Balatoni has an absolute Bombscare moment going for the header when Muirhead is already there. Once the penalty was given Muirhead looked as though he was going to take Conrads head off he was that angry. When the penalty is taken Balatoni looks as though he is still in a sulk. To be fair though Taylor is beside him as well so both players should have bust a gut to get to the rebound. Though a defenders instinct should always kick in.

I'm pretty sure we lost a goal after our keeper saved a penalty a couple of seasons ago too, with our defenders standing watching instead of running into the box to clear. Can anybody remember the details?

Away at Inverness, very late penalty. Tuffey made the save (he had an incredible game- we should have been humped really) but the rebound was put away to make it 2-1 to them.

One of these afterthought moments. Is it something that is practised in training. I know it doesn't happen very often, but it might be valuable practise.

It shouldn't really need practise. The players should be told to sprint in after a penalty both for and against us. If they don't they get fined