Hibs

jaggy

Great win, and team looks to be playing with more confidence, if not so much silky play. Getting my hopes up a little now about safety at the end of the season. Not surprised to see us win having started Doolan and Taylor together, either, although Higginbotham was the MOTM by a country mile. Mon the Jags!

• 1 month later...

I don't think it's arrogance. Seven points isn't that much when you consider that if we'd beaten them at Firhill, which we should have, we'd only be one point behind. I'm not saying that we should be above them, Thistle only have themselves to blame for many of this season's hard luck stories, but I do believe that Thistle have better players and a better way of playing and are well capable of catching Hibs.

I just fancied bumping this. They didn't half blow it. To think that one win by them and we could be in the play-off.

Not that it's all that important, but noted that we finished a goal ahead of Hearts without their deduction. Survival on absolute merit.

Always thought whoever was in the play-offs from the Premiership would win them easy, I'm really not sure about Hibs now. Their defence is honking, if they play Hamilton they are particularly strong up front. It'll be tight anyway, I'd imagine.

Don't think it's as big a gap as folk think between top end Championship and bottom end Premiership teams.

Hibs are a mess and in freefall and will be no suprise to me if they lose the play off.

If they do go down it will make for an interesting Championship. Surprised that Butcher isn't coming under more pressure, probably due to media connections, but my understanding is that Hibs aren't poor (financially) and they'll be desperate to come straight back. Butcher vs Rangers?

how on earth have this shower managed to get 32 points? They were awful against us twice but somehow managed to gain 4 points. Tonight against DU they could have easily lost by 5 or 6.

This mob are catcheable, Mon The Jags :clapping::D

well I got that one right!!!

Don't think it's as big a gap as folk think between top end Championship and bottom end Premiership teams.

Hibs are a mess and in freefall and will be no suprise to me if they lose the play off.

Talked with guys more au fait with current set up in Div1 (sorry Championship) than myself and the common consensus is that Falkirk will have a very good chance of beating Accies. But the additional two legs v Hibs will be games too far for the Bairns. If Accies beat Falkirk and at no cost injury wise then they'll have a very good chance of taking Hibs.

Purely from a betting point of view I'd still favour Hibs to win out but all eyes should be on the Accies v Falkirk game.

Talked with guys more au fait with current set up in Div1 (sorry Championship) than myself and the common consensus is that Falkirk will have a very good chance of beating Accies. But the additional two legs v Hibs will be games too far for the Bairns. If Accies beat Falkirk and at no cost injury wise then they'll have a very good chance of taking Hibs.

Purely from a betting point of view I'd still favour Hibs to win out but all eyes should be on the Accies v Falkirk game.

It will be vey interesting to see how these games go but Hibs are abysmal and any of these teams will fancy their chances against them.

Butchers managerial record seems to be one of relative success or complete disaster and I cant see him turning this one around.Accies or Falkirk will have the advantage of unusually not having to play the second worst team in the top division but by far the worst.

Another thing I was thinking if Hibs go down - would TV maybe be more interested in the Championship? If the Premiership title is sewn up before a ball has been kicked, Hibs, Hearts and Sevco could potentially have more interest. I'm completely speculating now but what then is the TV arrangement? If all divisions are now under the same organisation I'm wondering whether TV contracts be division-by-division or just wholesale SPFL. Guess there will always be TV interest in Celtic games right enough.

Accies especially and Falkirk have guys that are banging in goals, something that Hibs just cannot do. Was confident that we would beat any of the championship play off teams but Hibs are in total freefall and I can see them dropping into the championship

I watched extended highlights of the Falkirk / Queens and the quality on show is horrific.

Fresh air shots, players can't control the ball, missed easy chances.

I reckon we would have won the playoff. Even this terrible Hibs team might.

Although I am delighted we didn't have to go through it.