Who's Going To Pinch Our Players This Summer?

Gingerjag

just wondering who's going to get pinched this summer most probably by spl teams like united, aberdeen etc.

not sure whos out of contract apart from ATS obviously but think the likes of higginbotham and bannigan will be catching a few eyes and would be worth any fee.

pretty sure higgo signed a 1 year deal so would be out of contract.

I know its tough deciding whether to offer new deals when we might be in the championship next season but think we should tie up some players regardless because we have some top players at the moment.

Higginbotham is on a two year deal. I don't see anybody taking him on as he never established himself in the Huddersfield team at any point and he may be looked at as a liability even though he has been outstanding for us. As for Bannigan, again he has another year and teams may look at his discplinary record too.

ah thats good to have both on 2 year deals. that goes in our favour the same as taylor didnt do much at sheff utd so hopefully we can keep both. Higgy is my pick for thistle poty so far.

yeah banzo does have bad discipline but that can be stamped out so dont think it would put too many teams off, he has great ability.

Any club that doubles or triples their wages, a la Paton and Erskine and anyone that the board want cash for. As for ATS and Lawless who refused contracts, good bye and thanks. Although ATS is a loss.

true I guess money will talk. Yeah big loss ATS gutted he's going and for nothing.

we'll just have to try fimd some other lower league gems.

just wondering who's going to get pinched this summer most probably by spl teams like united, aberdeen etc.

not sure whos out of contract apart from ATS obviously but think the likes of higginbotham and bannigan will be catching a few eyes and would be worth any fee.

pretty sure higgo signed a 1 year deal so would be out of contract.

I don't want my Higginbotham getting pinched.

Gingerjags response was good though wasn't it :happy2:

Your reply was predictable as usual

Whereas your replies are as f**king stupid as this entire thread. Good to see you sticking up for your fellow fan though, dying breeds have to stick together. Here's a brainteaser for you - which support prides itself as "loyal" left 27,106 seats empty at their last home game? Maybe if you both bang your heads together you'll come up with the answer in a month or so.

Who is going to come in and pinch our players? Other football teams. Dur.

Who is going to leave? EVERYBODY!! NOBODY!! MAYBE A FEW!!!! Who will be our goalkeeper in the year 2107? What utter twaddle.

Anyone feel like answering my question - who should WE steal from lower league teams to improve the squad for next season?

ok peagreenbhoy you seem more interested in NUgers which is the classic sign of a paranoid tim. rangers and they did have 20 odd thousand agianst albion which is no bad.

who should WE steal from the lower leagues? dur.

EVERYBODY!!! NOBODY!! MAYBE A FEW!!

who should we sign in 2107

if u dont like my topic go away cos u talk joby

Whereas your replies are as f**king stupid as this entire thread. Good to see you sticking up for your fellow fan though, dying breeds have to stick together. Here's a brainteaser for you - which support prides itself as "loyal" left 27,106 seats empty at their last home game? Maybe if you both bang your heads together you'll come up with the answer in a month or so.

Who is going to leave? EVERYBODY!! NOBODY!! MAYBE A FEW!!!! Who will be our goalkeeper in the year 2107? What utter twaddle.

Anyone feel like answering my question - who should WE steal from lower league teams to improve the squad for next season?

who is going to leave is just as important as who we steal

What a travesty of a poster you are.

Anyway the only ones I'd be particularly disappointed about losing would be ATS, Bannigan and O'Donnell. ATS I think will likely end up at a bigger club in the same league, my guess being Aberdeen considering they seem quite weak at full back and have been linked with him before. I'm not sure anyone would pay past six figures for the other two which is what I'd be hoping for personally given they're still very young and have underlined their potential by impressing both last season and in spells this season.

The others like Fox, Welsh, Doolan, etc, I wouldn't be too fussed about losing one or two of them if it meant being able to bring better players in, but at the same time it could be damaging to the stability of the squad if we lose too many. Having most of them signed up for next season is quite a good thing then.

What a travesty of a poster you are.

Anyway the only ones I'd be particularly disappointed about losing would be ATS, Bannigan and O'Donnell. ATS I think will likely end up at a bigger club in the same league, my guess being Aberdeen considering they seem quite weak at full back and have been linked with him before. I'm not sure anyone would pay past six figures for the other two which is what I'd be hoping for personally given they're still very young and have underlined their potential by impressing both last season and in spells this season.

The others like Fox, Welsh, Doolan, etc, I wouldn't be too fussed about losing one or two of them if it meant being able to bring better players in, but at the same time it could be damaging to the stability of the squad if we lose too many. Having most of them signed up for next season is quite a good thing then.

ATS is from Aberdeen so I agree you'd imagine thats the most likely move.

I'd like to keep Dools he's a clever player and I'm disapointed he's not started more recently even though taylor is leading the line well I think we could play both.

And your point is caller?

You managed to turn the Hibs thread iinto a Rangers bashing thread and now this one.

Ibrox was empty but did have 24,000 sitting in it and empty seats are everywhere in Scottish football these days even Firhill.

Go start another thread on your obsession so you can post away all day long till yer wee herts content :D

Edited by billko

Here's next season's team based on those who are under contract for another year or more.

Fox/Gallacher*

O'Donnell

McMillan

Muirhead

Balatoni

Welsh

Fraser

Bannigan

Craigen

Higginbotham

Doolan

Subs - Waters, Piccolo, McDaid

*Gallacher's contract includes an option for next season.

There may be a few more U20s under contract but the club website does not have their contract details for several of them. My guess is that nearly all of those players will stay. There could be offers from England for Bannigan and Higginbotham but we knocked back £50k for Lawless last summer.

The others are all out contract or return to their parent club in May. Hopefully, the club will take up the option on Gallacher. Scully is likely to seek more first-team football.

Mair may be offered a new deal if he can maintain his form. However, it would be a surprise if Ellliot and McAleer are offered new deals if we stay up. There are few promising U20s who may be offered new deals, e.g. Lindsay, Brownlie and Martin who are out on loan.

ATS and Lawless, as others have discussed, are likely to leave. Osborne will look for a club nearer home. Taylor could be available again but there could be competition, possibly from English clubs too. The big question is whether McNamara would allow Erskine to leave.

However, it would be a surprise if Ellliot and McAleer are offered new deals if we stay up. There are few promising U20s who may be offered new deals, e.g. Lindsay, Brownlie and Martin who are out on loan.

Not sure I understand why McAleer wouldn't be with us next season. More to the point threads such as this are fine when we discuss first team players. I don't feel it's beneficial to be speculating about the futures of the U20 players or those just over age who haven't yet had much of an opportunity to play for OUR 1st team.

• Like 1