Livin Wae Dementia

The Mighty Quinn

I'm really sorry to hear that.

I don't have any answers but I have a close family member who suffers from it and I know how difficult it is. Worth looking into what help is available from social services, maybe just to give yourself a bit of relief if possible.

And try not to take it personally, if that makes any sense. Probably useless advice, but you have my sympathy and best wishes.

A colleague at work has a father-in-law who is similarly afflicted, albeit at a fairly early stage, although the condition is progressing, as I understand it, in a fairly constant manner. My colleague tells me of the struggles of both the sufferer and his family to rationalise what is happening, and there are seemingly strange differences in the areas where the memory is retained and others where the memory is lost. There are occasionally areas of behaviour which are difficult for the family to cope with, appearance and the ageing process being the most prominent.

I am ignorant regarding this condition and cannot offer any advise or any meaningful suggestion but I'm sure you will have the greatest possible understanding of those of us on this forum.

Edited by JeanieD