Email Sent To The Club

Steeleyjag

I have copied an email I sent to the club today as they need to know what is happening.

Good morning

I would like to make you aware of two season ticket holders who make my match days very unpleasant. I sit with my son on seats Nxx and Nxx in the Jackie Husband stand. Most of the time, however, we sit in different seats up near the hospitality section. This is because we can't sit in our season ticket seats due to the vile language that the two individuals constantly spew for 90 minutes. They sit at Pxx and Qxx.

My first altercation with Pxx was when we took our seats for the first time this season at the Dundee United game. His son was sitting on Nxx when we arrived and my son asked him to move as he was sitting in his seat. Pxx said that his son has sat there all last season and we should move. I explained that he was wrong and asked to see his son's season ticket. He showed it to me upside down and I pointed out that his son's seat was Nxx. There was a spare seat next to mine, so we allowed his son to sit there but explained that he would need to sort his problem by the Celtic game. I heard him muttering "F**k off" under his breath but didn't take it any further.

We sat in different seats for most of the rest of the season, only sitting in our ST seats on big games. During those games, though we noticed that their language (Pxx and Qxx) was really bad - "F**king c*nt" being the most used phrase. They were both very negative as well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but these guys really didn't know when to be appreciative of the good football that we have been playing this season.

We put up with their vile language as no one else seemed to be complaining, but I had to speak to Pxx at half time at the recent Celtic game. I had bought my step mother a ticket for this game. She is a Celtic "fan" and has never been to any games, but my dad was a Thistle supporter and he took me to most games during the last few years of his life. He died three years ago and Partick Thistle was very good to him. Perhaps Mr Archibald may remember signing a top and ball for dad that was arranged by Wuille Kinniburgh. Anyway, as the game was close to what would have been dad's birthday, I arranged for her to come to the game with us. My son sat with his friend and I sat with her on Nxx and Nxx.

Pxx started his bile 5 minutes before the game started by continually shouting "Get intae these bead rattling bast*rds" at least 6 times at the top of his voice. My step mother was shaken as she is a catholic. As the game progressed, both Pxx and Qxx spat out a tride of abuse - "break his f*ckin legs" and I heard Qxx shout "Bring that black bast*rd down", talking about Emilio Izaguirre. Nothing was good enough for these guys and they continued shouting and swearing throughout the 45 minutes. At the half time whistle, Qxx jumped up and disappeared for a pie, I assume. Pxx turned to his son and said "Don't worry, these c*nts will disappear at half time, they always do" - referring to me. At this point I could take no more. I turned round and asked him what his problem was. He said that we always sit somewhere else at half time. I explained that we do that BECAUSE of him and his foul language. I explained that my step mother was with me and that his language was upsetting her and scaring her. He said that he didn't f*ckin care and that we were to f*ck off. My step mother was becoming worried, so I started to walk away, but again, he told me to "F*ck off". This was in full view of 2 stewards, I know they were watching as I caught their eye at least twice.

I approached him and asked him what his problem was. He said that we don't come to any games. I explained that we don't sit in our seats because of his foul language and negative and racist comments. I explained that he was a terrible supporter and if he didn't like what he was seeing every week, perhaps he shouldn't come to Firhill.

Sorry for the ramble, but I was devastated that these two guys could drag the good name down. I was hoping the guy that was ejected from the JH stand was Q76, but I see it wasn't. You really need to do something about these guys as they must be affecting other supporters.

Kind regards

• Like 1

Totally sympathise with you and would hope the club take action on what is on the face of itracist and sectarian conduct.I too have noticed incidents of this type when we've played Celtic this year, in fact I would go so far as to say that the atmosphere at Firhill was poisonous. It is vital that we as a club. do not let the unacceptable behaviour of a tiny but voluble minority of our fans tarnish the good name of our club. Oh and in case anyone accusses me of equivocating. sectarian and racist language and behaviour is plainly unacceptable and wrong.

• Like 1

Noticed the great big gap in that row after half time the other night. Now I know why. Are you sure about the seat numbers though? Fairly certain that it's the NW bus contingent that sit there?

The seats are directly behind Nxx and then the racist guy sits in the one directly behind that. I checked Pxx is correct and assume its Qxx is the row behind, but again, it will be the same seat number

Sadly every club has got Neanderthals like these, but it is in the minority at Firhill. We usually sit beside two older guys at Firhill. To say they hate Chris Erskine is an understatement. Even in his awesome season last season they found nothing but faults and they weren't slow in having a go. They didn't appear this season until the 3rd home game (there was me thinking they had chucked it because Chris was away as they do back the club, just not Chris Erskine) They were fine up to the first home game of Chris's return then they started all there usual bullshit. Still they are entitled to their opinion and it had never got to the excessive point language wise. Not quite sure what Chris has done to these two but lets just say we celebrate quite extravagantly when Chris scores just to GIRUT...lol

Sympathise with your situation, any fan should not have to put up with such behaviour. Hopefully action is taken and you can enjoy games in YOUR seats that YOU paid for.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they claim it will be investigated but effectively say that such complaints should be made at the time to grounds-staff (stewards or police). A trivial example - when you have a complaint about a hotel, often the response is "did you raise it at the time so we could deal with it properly?". I disagree with this sort of answer but it could well be the approach taken.

Noticed the great big gap in that row after half time the other night. Now I know why. Are you sure about the seat numbers though? Fairly certain that it's the NW bus contingent that sit there?

The North-West Politburo occupy P77-P79 and Q80-81 Will.

All are vociferous in their support but are certainly not the perpetrators of bile referred to in the e-mail complaint.

• Like 1

• Members

The North-West Politburo occupy P77-P79 and Q80-81 Will.

All are vociferous in their support but are certainly not the perpetrators of bile referred to in the e-mail complaint.

Yep, I sit in N72, presumed the numbering across the aisle went from 73 (?), but I thought the NW bus people sat nearer the end of the row than that. Still really surprised that they haven't said anything to this person though!

Really sorry to hear about this Steeleyjag, I can totally appreciate how it must ruin going to the games with your son.

I had a problem at the start of the season with a guy sitting in my son's seat (I bought season tickets for both of us the day the came out for the seats we sat in every home game during the promotion season) and his attitude stank when I asked him to move - he even made out I had been given the wrong number as he and his friends had "booked" it first.

To be fair to the club, they responded to my emails straight away and took the situation seriously but they could only suggest letting the stewards know or for me to choose different seats. The situation resolved itself when kids were allowed into the North Stand, so we go there now. My Jackie Husband neighbours were using our seat during the Celtic game (which is fair enough) but luckily there is usually a spare seat next to me so we moved to avoid any drama.

The racist / sectarian/ bad language you are experiencing is completely unacceptable though and am sure the club will take your email very seriously. No one, especially kids, should have to listen to that. As a side note, it would be good if your name could be put on your seat, it might identify aggressive numpties like this more easily and help prevent people sitting in other peoples seats.

I had a go at a guy at the Celtic game. Near those seats mentioned but not the same. He's unbelievable.

He's sat there for a few years and I've learned a few words from him. I used to think fair enough but it's the fact he has his young boys with him. Solid parenting.

Sadly every club has got Neanderthals like these, but it is in the minority at Firhill. We usually sit beside two older guys at Firhill. To say they hate Chris Erskine is an understatement. Even in his awesome season last season they found nothing but faults and they weren't slow in having a go. They didn't appear this season until the 3rd home game (there was me thinking they had chucked it because Chris was away as they do back the club, just not Chris Erskine) They were fine up to the first home game of Chris's return then they started all there usual bullshit. Still they are entitled to their opinion and it had never got to the excessive point language wise. Not quite sure what Chris has done to these two but lets just say we celebrate quite extravagantly when Chris scores just to GIRUT...lol

Mate those 2 idiots should be grateful we have Chris for the time being. It's going to be a big ask to get him on a permanent on the summer and it certainly doesnt seem to be helped by the 2 morons your describing

I think all the decent thistle fans and stewards for that matter need to have a zero tolorance for sectarian and racist shouts either say to the person or report them to a steward either that or in time with not saying anything its going to end up sectarian like the bigot sisters, surely the Jags trust or a supporters fed can take the lead from this, and why we dont have a fans charter something i have been saying for for a very long time.

• Like 1

Mate those 2 idiots should be grateful we have Chris for the time being. It's going to be a big ask to get him on a permanent on the summer and it certainly doesnt seem to be helped by the 2 morons your describing

To be fair to the guys they do support the club and I have seen them at most of the away games that I have been at. They were very voiceiferous in backing the side during the first part of the season, however that has turned back to a Chris hate fest, since his return. It's very bizarre to say the least. It's as if Chris has done something personal to those two. Who knows what the score is!

I think all the decent thistle fans and stewards for that matter need to have a zero tolorance for sectarian and racist shouts either say to the person or report them to a steward either that or in time with not saying anything its going to end up sectarian like the bigot sisters, surely the Jags trust or a supporters fed can take the lead from this, and why we dont have a fans charter something i have been saying for for a very long time.

This - I've had to move my kids from our seats due to abuse from two older guys. Embarassed to say i took the easy option and moved rather than confront but hearing that it is across the stands , maybe the time has come.

The two in question turned up when the team were on the up last season ...and slate every touch of the ball that doesn't land at a thistle player

wonder how they'd have cope during the bunnet days?

Everybody at a game has the right within acceptable boundaries to slag off any Jags player tho'as Jags fans you've got to question why they do it.

A question I do ask from time to time is to do with probabilities. Bear with me.

What are the odds of a Jags fan vocally criticising Chris Erskine every time he touches the ball? I'd say given his hero status from last season and his goal tally alone we're talking of well into three figures to one.

Now what are the odds that a second person will criticise Erskine in the same manner? Never a statistician myself but I guess double above so perhaps as maybe as high as 1000-1.

So what then are the odds of two people both of independent mind arriving at the same conclusion to slag Erskine off ending up sitting together in a stand that holds well over 6000? I'd say astronomical.

I don't think I need draw the obvious conclusion. I just hope one of them doesn't make bleating noises when we play Aberdeen. That would be extremely ironical.

This thread has gone slightly off topic. Racist and bigoted comments (shouts) are not wanted at Firhill and as someone mentioned above are against the club policy. Has the OP had any replay from the club about this? I think it's a serious enough occurrence for the club to be expected to reply PDQ. Brian has posted and good on him but I would have expected someone higher up in the club ought to offer some reassurance about this.

Everybody at a game has the right within acceptable boundaries to slag off any Jags player tho'as Jags fans you've got to question why they do it.

A question I do ask from time to time is to do with probabilities. Bear with me.

What are the odds of a Jags fan vocally criticising Chris Erskine every time he touches the ball? I'd say given his hero status from last season and his goal tally alone we're talking of well into three figures to one.

Now what are the odds that a second person will criticise Erskine in the same manner? Never a statistician myself but I guess double above so perhaps as maybe as high as 1000-1.

So what then are the odds of two people both of independent mind arriving at the same conclusion to slag Erskine off ending up sitting together in a stand that holds well over 6000? I'd say astronomical.

I don't think I need draw the obvious conclusion. I just hope one of them doesn't make bleating noises when we play Aberdeen. That would be extremely ironical.

If you are talking about the two beside me, they are obviously mates who for some reason don't like Erskine. As I said, they pay their money so they are entitled (within reason) to criticise who they like. They must have their reasons but nonetheless it's not my idea of supporting the club or the player

Well done mate. Personally I wouldn’t have the bottle to confront these two cretins. Quite a few seasons ago I had a similar situation, though there was no actual aggression towards other fans. Emailed the club about the ninety minutes of over the top obscene language. The very next game it was sorted.

Football grounds must be about the last place where individuals in a confined space feel they are entitled to behave in a way that would be totally unacceptable in other places. You know the attitude, worked hard all week am entitled to go to the football and let off steam. Even in the most raucous of pubs you’d be out the door.

This thread has gone slightly off topic. Racist and bigoted comments (shouts) are not wanted at Firhill and as someone mentioned above are against the club policy. Has the OP had any replay from the club about this? I think it's a serious enough occurrence for the club to be expected to reply PDQ. Brian has posted and good on him but I would have expected someone higher up in the club ought to offer some reassurance about this.

Sorry for the slow reply. Not been on the laptop since I posted. No reply from the club yet, which is disappointing, but I hope they are investigating the situation and will get back to me soon.