No Time Off.

Auld Jag

With next weekend being a free weekend I dont know if the team was due some time of.But after yesterday they should be in everyday doing double training sessions and it should be made clear to them that performances like the last 70mins of yesterdays game will not be tolerated. If some are upset by what Paterson said about getting better quality in next season playing as they did will not help.At the moment it is still in our own hands to get out of it.But if results go against us we could be 7pts behind after playing St Mirren and if we were on a bad run I don't think we would win a play off.

I think to give the players no time of would be detrimental in the run in. I'm sure there's more than a few carrying knocks that would be appreciative of the time off.

Yesterday's debacle was the fault of the manager. He picked the wrong personnel in the system he wanted to play then did absolutely nothing about when 2500 folk could see what was happening. Then if it wasn't bad enough that he never changed it before HT, he did absolutely nothing during the interval.

When he does the make the sub 3 mins later we're 2-1 down & decide to take off, arguably, our most creative player? To play a system that the players looked alien with I'd add.

That's not anything to do with the players. That's solely down to the manager.

With next weekend being a free weekend I dont know if the team was due some time of.But after yesterday they should be in everyday doing double training sessions and it should be made clear to them that performances like the last 70mins of yesterdays game will not be tolerated. If some are upset by what Paterson said about getting better quality in next season playing as they did will not help.At the moment it is still in our own hands to get out of it.But if results go against us we could be 7pts behind after playing St Mirren and if we were on a bad run I don't think we would win a play off.

Couldn't agree any more. The team were a collective disgrace yesterday and showed no commitment or hunger of any kind that will win football matches. Whatever time off their were due should be cancelled and instead they should be attending de-briefs with Archie and discussing at length why there was no passion from them yesterday. They don't have to win games to keep me happy, but they do need to show that they want to play for the club and it's supporters.

It's unfair to punish the players. They worked hard and did their job.

Archie was to blame.

Were you at the game??!! You could argue that they "did their job" by putting on football strips and running around a bit, but only Erskine and Gallagher seemed to be "working hard".

Couldn't agree any more. The team were a collective disgrace yesterday and showed no commitment or hunger of any kind that will win football matches. Whatever time off their were due should be cancelled and instead they should be attending de-briefs with Archie and discussing at length why there was no passion from them yesterday. They don't have to win games to keep me happy, but they do need to show that they want to play for the club and it's supporters.

tumblr_mm3f87Ag4I1s0e8ajo1_250.gif

No way am I condoning the players yesterday. Hearts were way ahead in the "up for it" stakes. However I've seen the same group of players battling for 90 minutes far more often than not. When indeed they do just that but still don't get a result they then get called headless chickens.

Not saying we should take any defeat graciously, least of all yesterday's, but for some it's hero or zero. Never an in between.

• Like 1

No way am I condoning the players yesterday. Hearts were way ahead in the "up for it" stakes. However I've seen the same group of players battling for 90 minutes far more often than not. When indeed they do just that but still don't get a result they then get called headless chickens.

Not saying we should take any defeat graciously, least of all yesterday's, but for some it's hero or zero. Never an in between.

Totally disagree LIB. Hearts were definitely up for it, you're right there. But what makes a game of football competitive is when both teams are putting the effort in. I have spend much money supporting our team home and away for many many years and some times you walk away feeling deflated by defeat but knowing that at least the team tried their best. I will always accept defeat when the best team has won. But lack of interest in unforgivable, and that's what some of our players showed at the weekend. I have never seen our team looking so disinterested. So much so, that when Hearts scored their goals, our guys solemnly walked back up to the half way line looking like they wanted to be elsewhere. No shouting, no encouragement, no interest. Just quietly walking back up the park. It isn't a case of zero to hero, it's simply a case that every player that makes a living from our club MUST put in the effort in EVERY game. Anything less is simply condoning laziness and that will always be unacceptable to me. I have never left a game of football feeling so angry with our players. We can't always defend our players in all circumstances. If criticism is due, then they have to accept it and make sure it doesn't happen again. They deserve a good rollicking for that shambolic non event on Saturday.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I've ever watched a Jags team chuck it like that while leading 1-0. We've seen a lack of concentration creep in numerous times this season and it's a worrying trait. Just got to hope that, instead of shattering the confidence, Saturday's result shames them into coming back and working hard to prove they have what it takes to survive.

Totally disagree LIB. Hearts were definitely up for it, you're right there. But what makes a game of football competitive is when both teams are putting the effort in. I have spend much money supporting our team home and away for many many years and some times you walk away feeling deflated by defeat but knowing that at least the team tried their best. I will always accept defeat when the best team has won. But lack of interest in unforgivable, and that's what some of our players showed at the weekend. I have never seen our team looking so disinterested. So much so, that when Hearts scored their goals, our guys solemnly walked back up to the half way line looking like they wanted to be elsewhere. No shouting, no encouragement, no interest. Just quietly walking back up the park. It isn't a case of zero to hero, it's simply a case that every player that makes a living from our club MUST put in the effort in EVERY game. Anything less is simply condoning laziness and that will always be unacceptable to me. I have never left a game of football feeling so angry with our players. We can't always defend our players in all circumstances. If criticism is due, then they have to accept it and make sure it doesn't happen again. They deserve a good rollicking for that shambolic non event on Saturday.

very good post imo. pretty much as i saw it.

only ones who i saw being vocal during saturday, and snapping at others at some point to up their game was gallacher, dools and the bridge

• Like 1