Stadium Criteria

Woodstock Jag

Does anyone know if the 6000 seater stadium requirement still exists for the top-tier post SPL/SFL merger?

I ask because it looks like one of Queen of the South and Dumbarton will finish in the play-off spot, and neither of their grounds meet that. I know Palmerston had provisional plans a few years back but not sure if they could still do it. Dumbarton's stadium would presumably be quite difficult to get up to spec, even if they tried a Scotstoun job.

If the stadium criteria still exist, and one of the play-off participants cannot fulfil it, would they be excluded from the play-offs? If so, would the team in 5th or 6th become eligible, or would it just be a bye? If they win the play-offs does the 11th placed side in the Premiership just stay up?

Edited by Woodstock Jag

See where your coming from with Dumbarton but when I visited the ground I remember thinking that there wasn't much room to put in temporary stands on any of the 3 sides.

And yes, the SPFL will bend and break their own rules as it suits them. It's actually written in to the constitution that they can do so.

Edited by ian_mac

Do they not just make the rules up as they go along, depending which teams are involved ?

I think, given the events rule manipulations, lies and deceit of Thistlegate that the statement above is near as dammit 100% accurate!

Edited by Camallain