The Killie Pie

westertonjagfan

Their empire biscuits were immense as well. Great idea of them to have the PTFC badge on them. I think our club could learn some good things from the way killie do their catering

was there a nice crumbly biscuit base? adequate jam int' middle? nice icing on top?wee jelly sweet on top? tell me more, tell me more?

The Killie pie lacks the hallucinatory qualities of a Forfar bridie. A few seasons ago after savouring Station Park's delicacy I entered what I can only assume was a trance like fantasy. My state of heightened awareness eventually peaked when I imagined Jim Hamilton had actually just scored a couple of goals for us.

In the nineteenth century they were German biscuits. They became known as Empire biscuits one hundred years ago at the start of the first world war.

Thanks for that. I never did grasp how that war started.

btw should a Battenburg cake really be referred to as a Mountbatten cake? Maybe a Dundee cake should be now known as an Administration cake. And I doubt there's many that would argue against Jamie Hamill being known as a fruitcake.

• Like 4

Thanks for that. I never did grasp how that war started.

btw should a Battenburg cake really be referred to as a Mountbatten cake? Maybe a Dundee cake should be now known as an Administration cake. And I doubt there's many that would argue against Jamie Hamill being known as a fruitcake.

:lol: :lol: :lol: