St Mirren 68Th Minute. A Minutes Applause.

potty trained

I have been asked to put a post up to let folk know, on the 68th minute of tomorrow nights game against St Mirren, there will be a minutes applause for Simon Richardson.

Some of you may recall, after our last game against St Mirren at Firhill, Simon was murdered in Glasgow City Centre after an unprovoked attack, as he made his way home after enjoying a few drinks and a meal after the game.

I'm proud and lucky enough to have gotten to know Simon after moving to Paisley a few years ago, a close friend of my girlfriend, Simon was a gentleman, kind and generous and he is sorely missed by everyone who knew him.

St Mirren's fans hope that we can join with them in paying respect to Simon and his family.

Thanks.

Dave.J

• Like 6

will join in, as i'm sure plenty others will. if there's a piece in programme (possibly decision for this appluase came too late for inclusion?), or perhaps an announcement over tannoy (where it works) at half time would maximise knowledge of the intended applause to all in ground?

like hillsborough and many others, no fan should go to see the team they love and never come home from the game.

rip, respect and justice for simon richardson.

• Like 1

will join in, as i'm sure plenty others will. if there's a piece in programme (possibly decision for this appluase came too late for inclusion?), or perhaps an announcement over tannoy (where it works) at half time would maximise knowledge of the intended applause to all in ground?

like hillsborough and many others, no fan should go to see the team they love and never come home from the game.

rip, respect and justice for simon richardson.

Well said YJ, and will be a nice gesture by all supporters to take part in the 68th minute applause

• 6 months later...