Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Would or should we be interested in any Sevco freebies. Apparently Andy Little, Chris Hegarty and Kyle Hutton are about to be freed and there might be a few more. Always thought Little was pretty decent and Hutton done well when he was here, don't know much about Hegarty. On the flip side both appear to be a bit injury prone and as has been proved this season, we really need guys that can last a full season

I know the jury is out on The Prince but he would be a good squad member. Miller has a bit of a reputation as a troublemaker but Archie was interested at the start of this season, so he has got to be interested for next season. Would rather see Lyle back at the club.

Edited by Lindau

I'd definitely take Bauben - has great potential and can tell he is a class player. Had episodes of lack of concentration while in the middle of the park, but I think regular football and being a permanent player would put an end to this. Against Celtic at Firhill, he was the only one to get their foot on the ball and start passing it around.

Lee Miller - no thanks. Maybe four of five years ago. Only eight goals this season in league one, would be a real mistake. I'd love Taylor to come back.

Doubt he will be available but Ryan Stevenson was linked with us last close season and is exactly the player we need for wide right. A front three of Higginbotham, Taylor and Stevenson would be top 6 I think. Also Gardyne is one I'd look out for.

Are any of the U20s ready to step up to the first team for next year ? We made a lot of Colina when he signed and Duggan seemed to bang in the goals for a while. I've heard good things about Lindsay too.

From what i have heard none are at that kind of level yet.

Would or should we be interested in any Sevco freebies. Apparently Andy Little, Chris Hegarty and Kyle Hutton are about to be freed and there might be a few more. Always thought Little was pretty decent and Hutton done well when he was here, don't know much about Hegarty. On the flip side both appear to be a bit injury prone and as has been proved this season, we really need guys that can last a full season

I think Hutton would do a good job if it's an area of the team Thistle think they need to strengthen.

The boy needs a new challenge and regular games.

I think Hutton would do a good job if it's an area of the team Thistle think they need to strengthen.

The boy needs a new challenge and regular games.

He was probably our best player for the 6 months he was at Firhill Billko, however he seems to have regressed at Ibrox, mind you the broken leg won't have helped. If he was the player he was when he was last here I would take him in a minute. It's always worth looking at freebies from Parkhead and Ibrox as they usually bust a gut to prove releasing them was a mistake. Look at Hemmings at Cowdenbeath as one example!

He was probably our best player for the 6 months he was at Firhill Billko, however he seems to have regressed at Ibrox, mind you the broken leg won't have helped. If he was the player he was when he was last here I would take him in a minute. It's always worth looking at freebies from Parkhead and Ibrox as they usually bust a gut to prove releasing them was a mistake. Look at Hemmings at Cowdenbeath as one example!

Rumours are he has been given a 1yr deal to stay.

Lots of boys are ruined at the "Old Firm" Lindau and it's up to other clubs to get these boys back on track by giving them a platform (games) to showcase the abilty they no doubt have.

Other boys think they have made it just getting into these clubs and struggle to achieve much in the game once they are discarded.

Not many get the chance to come through the youth ranks to first team and get regular football so always a few decent players to pick up.

Thistle are in the top flight so maybe too much of a step up and guys like Hemmings going to Cowdenbeath is a good example of a level for these boys to play at to get back on track with their careers

Well done to the lad for doing so.

Edited by billko

christ I didn't know Novo was at Carlise! dunno if I would take Buaben, there's got to be better players out there, I always thought wee Gomis was a better player but he's not had much game time at Utd, dunno what his loan situation is. Would it be worth looking at Bachirou again?

I wouldn't mind seeing us go for Grant Anderson of Raith, he's out of contract now.

No "The Rangers" youngsters that have been released, please. If they are not good enough to get a game for that shower of shyte, then they are definitely not good enough for us.

They don't get a chance under a manager who is pretty clueless to be honest

christ I didn't know Novo was at Carlise! dunno if I would take Buaben, there's got to be better players out there, I always thought wee Gomis was a better player but he's not had much game time at Utd, dunno what his loan situation is. Would it be worth looking at Bachirou again?

I wouldn't mind seeing us go for Grant Anderson of Raith, he's out of contract now.

Bachirou is far too good to be playing in the third level of Scottish football

I do wonder what will happen with Osbourne. He'll probably want to go to England again but he might be short of offers. I'd sign him up for another season if he's getting a full pre-season under his belt. He's pure class and I'd like to see him and Buaben in the same team. Sign them both up!

Are any of the U20s ready to step up to the first team for next year ? We made a lot of Colina when he signed and Duggan seemed to bang in the goals for a while. I've heard good things about Lindsay too.

Scully would be certainty as a back up goalie if the occasion arose. He's been highly rated at East End Pk. I just don't know how you hold on to a guy who has enjoyed playing 1st team football to be likely a third choice and with little chance of playing.

Both Lindsay and Brownlie have been first team choices in the league below us albeit at part time teams. Only injuries and suspensions have kept them from selection.

Duggan has the physicality to step up but probably needs a wee bit more experience as injury hindered his progress. Otherwise I'm sure he'd have been loaned out sooner. posted elsewhere re McAleer and have not heard how Martin is developing in Belgium.

From what i have heard none are at that kind of level yet.

Two or three must surely be already considered "squad level", billko?

I like Bachirou, when he played against us he was a bit of a nightmare, does he no play a similar role to Osbourne though?

Saw him the other week and he was fairly ineffective. Saying that he was one of the few Morton players that was showing any signs of effort. Some were saying he's not the same player without Tidser. I don't think he'll be playing in the top league next season unless he's one of Dundee's fifty signings they'll probably make.

Different player than Ossie. Nowhere near as good a tackler, no aerial presence but offers more driving forward than the big man.

Cheers for the info, can't be easy playing with Morton this season. Second thoughts not sure it's a good idea. A lot of talent down south, looking in the lower leagues like League 2 and Skrill Premier. Depending on whether Fleetwood are promoted Antoni Sarcevic looks a great player.

Two or three must surely be already considered "squad level", billko?

You might get one or two pushing for a squad place but don't think any are ready for the jump to a first team place,

They ended the season pretty poorly when it's a time for the players to really show their worth to earn new deals etc but don't know how many have done this

Edited by billko

You might get one or two pushing for a squad place but don't think any are ready for the jump to a first team place,

They ended the season pretty poorly when it's a time for the players to really show their worth to earn new deals etc but don't know how many have done this

I think we're talking at cross purposes here, billko. I'm talking about the out on loan players.

I would agree that the majority of the remainder of the U20s aren't ready for regular 1st team action. That said a lot show real promise and I would expect that amongst .the likes of Wilson, Keenan, Gallagher & already mentioned McDaid will be the next batch to go out on loan

Lindsay probably deserves to be our fourth choice option at centre-back next season.

Problem is, we have Balatoni, Muirhead and Piccolo all signed up. And we still need a better, established centre-half to come in to replace Mair.

In all honesty, it could be that we come to an agreement with either Muirhead or Piccolo to go. Or we don't re-sign Lindsay. Or we go with 5 CB's in the first team squad...

I would imagine Wilson, McAleer and Duggan would also look to push into the first team. With McDaid out on loan.

who we keep depends on who is available from elsewhere. If Archie thinks that there is better available i think some people will be freed.

Out of contract are Scully, Mair, Welsh, Osbourne, Lawless, Elliot , taylor-sinclair plus erskine, taylor ,bauben, moncur all finishing their loans, so effectively we have 11 1st teamers/squad guys leaving.

Think he will resign Osbourne possible welsh/Elliott the rest are goners whether by their choice or Archies.

So Archie will be looking for a Left Back, Centre Back, 2/ midfielders and at least 1 striker

I think we're talking at cross purposes here, billko. I'm talking about the out on loan players.

I would agree that the majority of the remainder of the U20s aren't ready for regular 1st team action. That said a lot show real promise and I would expect that amongst .the likes of Wilson, Keenan, Gallagher & already mentioned McDaid will be the next batch to go out on loan

Imagine us being on different wavelengths :D but i agree that the next step for any of the 20's that are showing some promise will be to go out and get games on loan at the right clubs.

I don't know how the boys are doing that have been out on loan or if any are ready to make the step up to the first team.