Supporters Federation Meeting 16Th May

Norgethistle

Garry,

Glad you can make it.

I also have Alan H., a friend of the Nomads too.

Say hi to each other. You do not have to wear a Fez!

I should be in touch tomorrow. In the meantime feel free to browse through the carnage here. It ain't hard to get the sense of dismay that recent actions have created. There are also a few suggestions as to how things could move forward.

• Like 1

Seriously though, it seems to me that to institute change, those involved have to be convinced of the need/imperative or the opportunity that beckons. Without that shared understanding, you'll fail to gain consensus and therefore the commitment to see things through ( especially when difficulties arise).

PTFC have got a job on their hands to bridge the gap that has opened up here.

So Friday's meeting should start with Abject Apologies.

Then it should turn to the matter above.

Only if this is dealt with properly can any discussion then follow to see how everyone can be accommodated in an agreement that will work for us all.

Tough call.

Edited by Shuggie

Venturing on timidly as not a real Nomad but was in touch with Shuggie a lot in the days when I did match reports (and tried always to think of the Nomads when creating word pictures of some of the aspects of games that would not normally be in a formal report). I volunteered to Shuggie to help represent the Nomad viewpoint at the Federation meeting tonight which was accepted and since then I have been in pm contact with Garry C who is a real Nomad and will also be attending.

This will be a quick post as I am about to dash to work but the general consensus I am picking up is very much in favour of keeping the North Stand red and yellow for all the reasons that have been rehearsed in great detail on the forum over the past week.

What would be most helpful to Garry and me would be if Nomads could post on this thread any particular Nomad-perspective points on this issue. I do not need to hear again the points that would be common to all supporters but there may be aspects that you as Nomads feel most keenly from afar and I would want to make sure that these were represented.

Alan H

Apologies for the delay if an update but I'm sure you've picked up the gist of the meeting from the main forum. It is looking likely that the status quo will remain and just needs ratifying by the board. I raised the issue of the lack of consultation/communication or lack thereof. They agreed that it should be better and are going to look at ways to formally meet. There was a suggestion that it could be 4 times a year. I thought it was a very positive meeting where I felt that those present really listened. I would just like to thank you for the opportunity to represent you

Apologies for the delay if an update but I'm sure you've picked up the gist of the meeting from the main forum. It is looking likely that the status quo will remain and just needs ratifying by the board. I raised the issue of the lack of consultation/communication or lack thereof. They agreed that it should be better and are going to look at ways to formally meet. There was a suggestion that it could be 4 times a year. I thought it was a very positive meeting where I felt that those present really listened. I would just like to thank you for the opportunity to represent you

Thanks for getting up to the meeting. That was a long journey to make. Great Effort