Aitken Suite - Fair Play To The Club

avie-man

To be fair,BJ, the ad doesn't mention the need to have any degree. Unfortunately, in today's working environment it is not uncommon for applicants not to get any response. Not saying that it is right, but that's life. It is up to the applicant to follow up on progress, if they want to get any news.

Fair points, LJ? I was thinking also of the club's apparent indifference towards being given valuable free advice from fans re the problems occurring in the AS, although I didn't specify that.

To be honest the ship has sailed as far as the opportunity goes. I e-mailed the club with a full application as per the request on the website. If they've lost it then I am afraid that just sums up the professionalism of the way things operate.

I genuinely don't think the club themselves know who they are looking for in regards to that job. That's alot of work for one person. Its 2 roles that would require 2 degrees in each field to be competent enough to do it. Someone who is good at marketing probably knows naff all about the licensed trade and smoeone who runs a good bar operation wouldnt surely know the first thing about marketing and advertising. I was just lucky enough to have had some experience as an events promoter aswell as completing a degree in Hospitality Management. The marketing stuff is more voluntary but hospitality is my career.

I would have thought that with pre season approaching this post will be filled and they will be (or at least should be) hard at work drawing up a plan for next season.

Totally agree. Sounds like they are trying to get 2 jobs done for one salary. The remit really needs to be a lot smaller.

I saw this on the club's Facebook page:

"With the refurbishment of the Aitken Suite imminent we want to do everything we can to make it a bar for fans, a bar that you'll use not just when there's a match on. So, we want to know exactly what you want to buy. What drinks do you want behind the bar and what food would you like on offer? Let us know and we'll do our best to make it happen."

Having it on the official site as well would be a good idea but if you are a facebook user you can get your tuppence worth in. Lots of suggestions on there already and having Sky does seem to be something most people want.

"With the refurbishment of the Aitken Suite imminent we want to do everything we can to make it a bar for fans, a bar that you'll use not just when there's a match on. So, we want to know exactly what you want to buy. What drinks do you want behind the bar and what food would you like on offer? Let us know and we'll do our best to make it happen."

Surely this would come under the remit of the prospective Commercial Hospitality Manager? If that position is imminent I'd imagine the new manager would want to survey the clientele under his/her own steam.

Don't take this as Board/Club bashing just seems given the magnitude of the catering manager's remit the wrong way to go about things.

Surely this would come under the remit of the prospective Commercial Hospitality Manager? If that position is imminent I'd imagine the new manager would want to survey the clientele under his/her own steam.

Don't take this as Board/Club bashing just seems given the magnitude of the catering manager's remit the wrong way to go about things.

I believe the new person has been appointed and started last week. Or at least was at Firhill last week anyway.

I saw this on the club's Facebook page:

Having it on the official site as well would be a good idea but if you are a facebook user you can get your tuppence worth in. Lots of suggestions on there already and having Sky does seem to be something most people want.

The bit in bold would suggest that the plan is to open it during the week as well as just on match days. Here's hoping for some good Scottish draught beers. Brewdog IPA, anybody?

• 3 months later...