Reserved Kids' Seats £25

This is the point I have tried to make in previous posts. Assuming many people take the non reserved option, where do you put the kids for an all ticket match? I find it amazing that you can issue a ticket that gets you into a stadium without allocating a seat for an all ticket match. If there are 200 non reserved tickets, that is an admin headache to contact those ticket holders, or the guardians, to tell them where their seat is for a ticket game. Now you need to allocate a seat next to that for the adult to move to as well.

Here's a question. Why do you need to allocate a seat for all ticket matches ? The Morton game wasn't a ticketed game, but people managed to find a seat ok - even although that was a higher attendance than either of the Celtic games this season.

If people are happy enough to let their kids sit in a different area for regular games, what is the difference for all ticket games ?

Here's a question. Why do you need to allocate a seat for all ticket matches ? The Morton game wasn't a ticketed game, but people managed to find a seat ok - even although that was a higher attendance than either of the Celtic games this season.

If people are happy enough to let their kids sit in a different area for regular games, what is the difference for all ticket games ?

I see where you are coming from. However, I suspect (but don't know) that the requirement for a specific seat for all ticket may be a police one.

In practical terms, there will still be a fair chunk of ST reserved seats but now you wouldn't actually need to sit in them. So no real difference to a usual PATG game?

A wee update. I had an unprompted call from Ian Maxwell today. It was in response to my email. Ian outlined the club's reason for the fee. He also said he was very sympathetic to the argument being put forward. He also assured me that the fee wasn't set in stone and that he and the club were open to alternative suggestions. He did say that because they season ticket renewals were going out today, it was too late to do anything this season. So in that respect, the decisions has been made.

I also pointed out to Ian what I felt the real problem was. The real problem in my view is that parents/carers/families aren't represented as a specific group. There was no-one at the meeting who was specifically making a decision with that group in mind. Ian agreed and said that this group was important to the club because it is one of the largest in the fan base. And growing. I suggested that there needs to be a rep/reps and that if they couldn't find someone, I'd volunteer. If someone else was available/was known to the club, I'd stand aside. The motivation is representation. Nothing else.

This brings me onto a wider point about the Federation. Currently there is no constitution or rules in place. There's no documented output. It's not an entity. It's just a title that's been given. Yet crucially, decisions that affect the future are being taken here.There's little formality and it's representation is skewed towards certain groups.

I understand that the group is a best endeavours group at the moment. I also understand that there is a plan to formalise it and make it more representative.

I've decided to take the advice from posters on here and get involved. I don't know how or what but i do do feel strongly that Federation reps should be in proportion to the amount of people they represent. That way we'll get better decisions. We'll also avoid the situation where certain groups, supporters clubs etc are over-represented. Other than that I have no idea how it would/should/could work

I plan to contact Maxie again but first I'll also contact Jim Alexander to get his thoughts. I'll contact Dave J to see what he thinks too. I don't know many of the others who are involved. It might be that there needs to be an open meeting to discuss. I'll go along with what the current group think.

I have no plan to be involved going forward(unless the family rep thing comes up) however what i do want to see is a formally recognised, fairly represented Fans group. And I'm happy to put the time in to help make it happen. Currently I don't represent anyone except myself and "my wean" .

So thanks for the snidey digs from some of you. It worked. Looks like I'll be boring the arse off of you for a wee while yet.

Oh. And they didn't sue me.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 4

Having trawled through the Season Ticket Renewal micro-site, I am even less clear what the club policy is!!

It has no mention of Unreserved Kids tickets (which could tackle the all ticket game scenario) and instead says "As has been the case in previous years there will be an area of the Jackie Husband Stand which is specifically allocated as the Partick Thistle Futures Zone. This is an area of the stadium where young fans can sit with their families and enjoy the game in a relaxed and friendly environment."

The only part that is clear is that the £25 fee kicks in if you wish to reserve a seat outwith of the "Partick Thistle Futures Zone".

Genuine question - does anyone have any details of where in the JHS this Futures Zone is? When we renewed a couple of seasons back, we gave up our usual seats to move to what we were told was the "Kids Zone".

I tried following through with a ST purchase, but like many others have found, it would not let me.

As has been noted above, better Communication and relevant Representation could have taken a lot of the heat out of this.

PS Is it possible that the "Partick Thistle Futures Zone" is in hiding from the Apostrophe Police?

Some good points raised about the problems reserved / unreserved seats can cause for different people and different games, with no obvious easy solution. So why not say that every ST has to be allocated the JH or the NS. NS then remains un allocated inside, whereas all JH tickets have a seat allocated.

Given that the main issue appears to be people wanting to sit in their usual seat, surely this would fix the issue? Albeit it seems ludicrous that we need to do that in a stand that's usually less than half full...

I personally think that £25 for my boy's season ticket is more than reasonable but the reason given makes no sense.

Myself and my Mum have season tickets near the front centre of the JH and have done for over a decade. My son has had one since last season beside me.

I do not want to give up my seat so my choices are either pay the £25 for him to keep his or simply chance my arm on matchdays that there is a spare, the last two seats in my row right at half way line haven't been reserved for years as far as I can work out so shouldn't really be a problem. Also Im not sure if my seat even has a sticker on it and regularly people are sat in them when we arrive.

But to say that my son's ticket affects the matchday experience negatively is completely flawed, If he pays at the gate or gets a free unreserved ticket, and then me and my mum both sit away from our reserved seat to be beside him, thus leaving two empty reserved seats. Same goes for JH season ticket holder's sitting in the NS. Only difference is that my seat and NS peeps ones are paid for.

So could the club not simply come clean and say they don't want free reserved seats sitting empty rather than baloney about Match day experience.

• Like 2