Petrie

e4b

Never forget his shameful role in relegating us - this is wonderful justice.

:thumbsup2: and if I'm correct on a personal level it's only ExWiggy Milne that remains. Could also add for duplicity reasons Gilmour at St Midden. But of the original ten, I make it Petrie was the last man still standing bar the Aberdonian tossspot.

• Like 1

:thumbsup2: and if I'm correct on a personal level it's only ExWiggy Milne that remains. Could also add for duplicity reasons Gilmour at St Midden. But of the original ten, I make it Petrie was the last man still standing bar the Aberdonian tossspot.

st mirren were in the first division and actually and gilmour backed us in a tv interview at taking legal action against the spl

What was the story re Petrie? I've forgotten!

In short after the first vote went in our favour to have another vote required one club to nominate a re vote another to second it. Milne at Aberdeen stood to make his club a packet from renting out Pittodrie to ICT and allegedly "asked" his pal Robinson to propose a revote. He in turn got Petrie to second the motion (may have been the other way round). Milne didn't want to be involved himself due to potential gain tho' of course it didn't stop him voting.

And while I'm on my high horse it was Milne that had scuppered a groundshare proposal of the two Dundee clubs when we were bidding for Euro whatever a year or so before. What stuck in the craw most was the old boys network. Could go on to question if Petrie/Hibs or Robinson/Hearts ever stood to gain anything from Milne but wouldn't want to do that on an open forum. .

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 5

In short after the first vote went in our favour to have another vote required one club to nominate a re vote another to second it. Milne at Aberdeen stood to make his club a packet from renting out Pittodrie to ICT and allegedly "asked" his pal Robinson to propose a revote. He in turn got Petrie to second the motion (may have been the other way round). Milne didn't want to be involved himself due to potential gain tho' of course it didn't stop him voting.

And while I'm on my high horse it was Milne that had scuppered a groundshare proposal of the two Dundee clubs when we were bidding for Euro whatever a year or so before. What stuck in the craw most was the old boys network. Could go on to question if Petrie/Hibs or Robinson/Hearts ever stood to gain anything from Milne but wouldn't want to do that on an open forum. .

I seem to recall that the rental would be worth in the region of £600K to Aberdeen which was, coincidentally, the amount due to Dunfermline for Jimmy Calderwood to move to Pittodrie as manager. There were also vicious rumours of Milne having some involvement in Tynecastle, something to do with flats? All patently untrue of course…

Rangers (dead)

Hearts (admin and relegated)

Hibs (relegated)

Livi (admin and relegated twice)

Dunfermline (admin and relegated twice)

Motherwell (admin)

Killie

Celtic

Dundee Utd

Aberdeen

Funnily enough the only others to vote for us were Dundee (admin and relegated).

This has always appalled me! A second vote? Are we not supposed to be living in a democracy where a free vote is taken and abided by? Can you imagine what kind of society we would have if this kind of logic was applied to other aspects of life such as politics. So you didn’t like the outcome of the general election? So let’s have another vote. It is utterly ridiculous, loathsome and quite honestly beneath contempt.

The whole Thistlegate scenario was a total carve up. The lies and deceit, the rules becoming guidelines. True, we did finish bottom but according to the rules ICT did not qualify for promotion because they had not applied to SPL for inclusion prior to March 31st deadline and we should therefore have stayed up. Lex Gold later denied that ICT needed to apply by the end of March as they were ground sharing and yet the Daily Record managed to produce a copy of the letter that he had sent to ICT and their local MP Charles Kennedy stating that they did indeed have to apply. It would be safe to say that Gold had decided that we were going down come hell or high water. The rumour at the time was the UEFA were considering investigating the SPL on the grounds of them running a closed shop following Falkirk being refused entry the previous year so we therefore stood no chance. :angry:

Don't forget too that two years previous to this we'd been promoted only after having to pay a big overtime bill in building the North Stand.

We were in a tight race with Airdrie and it looked like it would go to the last game of the season so we asked permission to be allowed to finish the new stand (so we could make the 10,000 seating) after the March deadline. We were refused and had to pay extra - a small fortune.

Now Dundee a few seasons previous had been allowed to the start of the new season to upgrade their ground so it was reasonable for us to ask when we found we weren't going to make the March deadline. However it was at least within their rules but what they did in relegating us was change their rules mid-season to allow Inverness to come up. In other words, they changed the rules after the fact in order to relegate us. (Inverness ground was only always going to be 6000: in fact IIRC they were only ever going to build a 6000 stand so that's what they changed the limit to).

Edited by Mr Bunny

Any misfortune that befalls any of the clubs that either organised the second vote or who voted against us in the second vote is welcome karma, and always will be.

While it's fun to see Sevco, Hearts & Dunfermline suffering it's all the sweeter when the guy responsible is still around. Murray, Robinson & Yorkston are all goners so it was especially fitting to hear Petrie groveling an apology to the Hibs fans. Milne is the only real baddie still standing. .

While it's fun to see Sevco, Hearts & Dunfermline suffering it's all the sweeter when the guy responsible is still around. Murray, Robinson & Yorkston are all goners so it was especially fitting to hear Petrie groveling an apology to the Hibs fans. Milne is the only real baddie still standing. .

Milne is still at it. It was him that voted against removing the 11-1 voting rule (along with Celtic, natch) which kept the OF in firm control of the league (and still could if sevco make their way back). Two theories I've come across:

1) He sees Aberdeen as taking sevco's place (but Motherwell put a bit of a mocker on that this season)

2) He wanted that 8-8-8 split (remember that?) and voted against removing the 11-1 out of spite in not getting it.

Edited by Mr Bunny